Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seachicken Week: Turkey Talk

Almost a national audience. Hope the boys put on a good show for Joe and Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Perry will not play. Matthews won't practice Wednesday or Thursday.
    If it keeps Clay on the field, who cares if he practices. Hopefully he can be more effective than he has been.

Crap!

How about laying a giant, festive red and green egg with a bow? That would be a good show......

From Demovsky on Nick Perry:

Perry, who was injured in the first half of the game Sunday against the Houston Texans, tried to play in the second half with a large cast on his left hand but lasted only a couple of plays.

A source said Perry had surgery on the hand.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ss-rest-season
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 18m18 minutes ago
    Rodgers practiced well yesterday. Will do more today. So will Jake Ryan. Blake Martinez did a bunch. Big day today. In pads. Will go out.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 17m17 minutes ago
    Kick coverage outstanding vs. Philly. Will have to do again vs. Seattle's Lockett. "He's the focus. We need to win that part of the game."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 16m16 minutes ago
    Replacing Pennel: "Mike's one of our guys." Key part of healthy DL rotation. Haven't determined how they'll fill roster spot.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Pennel has an issue, MM says. The team will help him through this time, MM says.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 15m15 minutes ago
    Peppers kept out for rest yesterday. That will continue for rest of the season, MM says.

LATER SAID IT WAS COACH'S DECISION

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 15m15 minutes ago
    McCarthy on how T.J. Lang has helped Jason Spriggs: He's been tremendous. It's the little things he does. Big advocate in the classroom.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 13m13 minutes ago
    McCarthy on Julius Peppers: He has a very old-school approach. Tremendous example for the younger players & an asset to our program.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 13m13 minutes ago
    Taking the question right from my lips, @ByRyanWood asks if Montgomery can handle more of a workload. No questions about endurance, MM says.

Ryan Wood ‏@ByRyanWood 13m13 minutes ago
    Asked MM about Ty Montgomery's carries limit: "He can handle as many opportunities as he gets. ... I have no questions about his endurance."
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with Peppers and Datone Jones as our only 100% healthy linebackers we're in for a very long afternoon. we need to keep the ball away from sea. can we run the 8 min offense the whole game?

This is why I hate dual team markets. Can't watch any game on Fox during that time frame.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    with Peppers and Datone Jones as our only 100% healthy linebackers we're in for a very long afternoon. we need to keep the ball away from sea. can we run the 8 min offense the whole game?
    Ah, don't worry, Bradford is healthy, too!

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    Ah, don't worry, Bradford is healthy, too!

“It’s been almost four weeks now. The original timeline was a little bit longer than that to heal, but I’m getting pretty sick of sitting around watching everything going on,” Lang said. “I’ve been having my good share of arguments with the trainers and Doc about trying to do a little bit more the last couple weeks.
    Wilde: http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/f...ca09b9dcd.html

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
    Assuming I'm reading @pfref correctly, #Packers haven't been home dog with Rodgers at QB since vs. Dallas in 2009.

Sun, November 15, Packers versus Cowboys 17 - 7.
    That was the defense's coming out party. Woodson established himself as the DPOY in that game. Someone will have to step forward in a similar manner if the Packers are going to beat the Seasquawks.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 6m6 minutes ago
    McCarthy said Damarious Randall (groin) was feeling ill yesterday and that's why he didn't do much in practice. Groin wasn't a factor.

Soft!

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 6m6 minutes ago
    McCarthy: T.J. (Lang) worked through individual stuff (yesterday). Making progress. Felt good coming off the field. Same with JC Tretter.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 8m8 minutes ago
    Mike McCarthy said T.J. Lang is making progress and improving. He's looking forward to seeing how Lang responds today and tomorrow. #Packers

If and when Tretter comes back, who will be the starter, Tretter or Linsley?

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    If and when Tretter comes back, who will be the starter, Tretter or Linsley?
    Tretter, I hope. Methinks Linsley has come down to earth somewhat.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I think Lindsley is the better center, but Tretter is the better all around lineman.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I have felt that way, too. So far, his career seemed to peak as a rookie. Still a good center, but not where I thought he might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I think Lindsley is the better center, but Tretter is the better all around lineman.
    I think Linsley is more limited even as a center than Tretter is, but what Linsley does well he is probably better at than Tretter is. Overall, I think I would take Tretter over Linsley.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    This is the most important game of the year. Is it possible for the Packers to lose and still make the playoffs? Sure. But if the Packers aren't good enough to beat a team like Seattle at home in December, does it really matter if they make the playoffs?
    + 1

I'm bumping this cause it's the best post I've seen relative to Sunday's contest. If we lose to the Seahags, then for the rest of the year I'll be rooting for a higher draft position rather than a playoff miracle.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 57s58 seconds ago
    Fackrell and Perry out for #Packers. Gunter Randall Lang Martinez Matthews and Tretter questionable. Ryan not listed.