We've been fortunate to see the development of Adams from a marginal #3 receiver to what I believe is a #1 receiver.

If we call a #1 receiver someone who is able to get separation on short passes, have the strength to gain yardage after a catch, and to be able to stretch the field for a quick strike, Adams is beginning to do this on a fairly consistent basis.

I think sometimes we get carried away with the need for a receiver to have incredible straight line speed and think that is the main criteria for a #1 receiver. I would point out that before his injury, Nelson was only thought of as sneaky fast, and no one argued that he was not our go-to receiver.

With Nelson's injury taking away some of his 4th gear, he has become a top notch possession receiver. With his height advantage, he is a scoring threat from the red zone, but in the past 8 games, Adams has become our biggest threat.

I'm of the opinion, if his development continues, that we do not need a first round WR in the next draft, but can continue to draft WRs in the 2nd or 3rd round to look for replacements for Nelson and Cobb when their next contract is due. This would allow an OLB or CB to be picked in the 1st round to replace Peppers or Shields.