Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Davante Adams

I wonder if rodgers is one of those guys who would take less if it means he can go after more titles. Maybe im wrong but I don't see him caring whether he is highest paid qb.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    heres the problem with paying everyone

in 2018 jordy and cobb will both count 12-12.5 each, davonte might/will be in the 10 range

bahk will be counting 11.2 bulaga will be counting over 8

and PFT just had a story up a couple hours ago how the team needs to make a-rod the highest paid player again by giving him 25+ a year, as it stands in 2018 he will count 20.9 million aganst the cap

so between just those guys on offense, they will be taking up around 75-80 million in cap space in 2018. not to mention cook will probably get around 7 million a year if he stays

so about half of the cap number in just those 6 to 7 guys

thats a lot
    They can structure Adams' contract so that there's a small cap hit in 2018. They did this with Bulaga. I'm sure they've done it with others. After 2018 season Jordy and Cobb become free agents. One would probably let go or both signed to less money.

and PFT just had a story up a couple hours ago how the team needs to make a-rod the highest paid player again by giving him 25+ a year, as it stands in 2018 he will count 20.9 million aganst the cap
    His contract runs through 2019. I wouldn't redo him until after the 2018 season.

Blog Entries
    heres the problem with paying everyone

in 2018 jordy and cobb will both count 12-12.5 each, davonte might/will be in the 10 range

bahk will be counting 11.2 bulaga will be counting over 8

so between just those guys on offense, they will be taking up around 75-80 million in cap space in 2018. not to mention cook will probably get around 7 million a year if he stays

so about half of the cap number in just those 6 to 7 guys

thats a lot
    I've been worrying about the same thing. Both TJ AND BB the Whale aren't too likely to make it two more seasons. Both of 'em leave all on the field and have a tough time walking to the locker room after ball games. I love those boys, they are both old-school enforcer types and don't allow the opponents to take too many liberties. Great guys to show young boys like Lane Taylor how the Packers do things at Lambeau Field

As far as allocating so much money to the offensive side of the ball, you'd have to admit that in terms of performance that makes sense - that defense, at times, should be refunding money.

It's ugly, like 2011.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

It was 2011 bad for a stretch. Worse, even, but they've been a little better over the whole year.
    Last edited by smuggler; 01-20-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    I wonder if rodgers is one of those guys who would take less if it means he can go after more titles. Maybe im wrong but I don't see him caring whether he is highest paid qb.
    My bet is he will want one year, probably the first or second, to be the highest number, then it comes down (or stays mostly level) for the balance.

He already got a couple years as the highest paid player in his last deal. I don't think the score will need to be huge this time.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.