Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Davante Adams

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Since it takes around 3 years to develop a WR, we need to take one in the 2nd or 3rd round. They would be ready when Cobb or Nelson's contract is done.
    it only takes 3yrs to develop someone drafted in the later rounds. a 1st rounder better be ready to hit the ground running. this team doesn't need any more projects. Jordy and Cobb may not last to 2019. adams will require an extension before they're done. cap going up 8-10m next year i read. money shouldn't be an issue. this team needs a talent infusion.

Maybe Trevor Davis figures it out and gets some playing time? Anyone else notice Geronimo Allison is playing at #4 WR over Davis and Janis?
    I wonder if Cobb is wearing down? His 2015 and 2016 numbers are a considerable drop off from his 2012-2014 seasons.

I think they will need some fresh talent -- they need to find their next Greg Jennings type player. Jordy will move to slot for mismatches there, and Davante seems more like a solid #2WR.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    it only takes 3yrs to develop someone drafted in the later rounds. a 1st rounder better be ready to hit the ground running. this team doesn't need any more projects. Jordy and Cobb may not last to 2019. adams will require an extension before they're done. cap going up 8-10m next year i read. money shouldn't be an issue. this team needs a talent infusion.
    I think it takes around 3 years to develop an early round WR. They can contribute earlier, but only slot receivers are fully developed in less than 3 years.

won't practice until sat...ankle.

http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/121...until-saturday

didn't last year prove he isn't a #1

but he is damn good this year at whatever # wr he's at

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Bretsky, you ready for some mea culpa after lambasting the "Fresno Fraud" for so long?
    I am waiting til after the season to give my Dear Mad thread; I will then rename him.....lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Blog Entries
    Way to take it like a man, B.

I felt the kid needed another season to get his shit together.

Didn't really think he make this big a jump, but man, I'll take it.

he's been better than good this year. hope he keeps it going.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I thought we already renamed this guy the "Fresno Freak" or the "Fresno Flash."
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

if adams plays next season like he has this season, then we are looking at another 10 million plus WR. that means we'll have 2 guys counting over 12.5 million each to the cap in 2018 plus whatever adams cap number is in 2018

that might not be doable

How long is Nelson's deal? Is 2018 the last year of his? We could maybe handle 3 guys at 10M for a year.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    if adams plays next season like he has this season, then we are looking at another 10 million plus WR. that means we'll have 2 guys counting over 12.5 million each to the cap in 2018 plus whatever adams cap number is in 2018

that might not be doable
    don't see why not if the they're worth it. cap keeps going up every year. seems easy enough to me.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    How long is Nelson's deal? Is 2018 the last year of his? We could maybe handle 3 guys at 10M for a year.
    Jordy and Cobb have 2 more years, Jordy at 11.55M and 12.55M. Cobb is at 12.75M each year.

Davante has one more year, and I think they may wait on him to make sure other guys get paid first.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

that might not be doable
    Christ. Now you're bitching because there may be too much talent? Ferfuxsake.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Christ. Now you're bitching because there may be too much talent? Ferfuxsake.
    that's the furthest thing from the truth. without Rodgers we ALL know where this team would sit.

But AR needs talent around him. As good as he is he can't do it alone.

Adams is a solid #2 WR. When it's time they'll pay him like one. Cobb was hurt this year and until recently not playing up to his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they renegotiated his contract.
    Allison and Davis intrigue me. Davis for his speed, and Allison for being a taller receiver that can present mismatches outside or even in the slot.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    that's the furthest thing from the truth. without Rodgers we ALL know where this team would sit.
    With Hundley at QB and Montgomery at RB? Somewhere between 3 and 6 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    Adams is a solid #2 WR. When it's time they'll pay him like one. Cobb was hurt this year and until recently not playing up to his contract. I wouldn't be surprised if they renegotiated his contract.
    Allison and Davis intrigue me. Davis for his speed, and Allison for being a taller receiver that can present mismatches outside or even in the slot.
    I would. That's not how GB rolls (lately). With inflated contracts, they usually cut the player outright or let them play the contract out. Who was the last one they renegotiated? AJ Hawk (who was technically a cut)?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

heres the problem with paying everyone

in 2018 jordy and cobb will both count 12-12.5 each, davonte might/will be in the 10 range

bahk will be counting 11.2 bulaga will be counting over 8

and PFT just had a story up a couple hours ago how the team needs to make a-rod the highest paid player again by giving him 25+ a year, as it stands in 2018 he will count 20.9 million aganst the cap

so between just those guys on offense, they will be taking up around 75-80 million in cap space in 2018. not to mention cook will probably get around 7 million a year if he stays

so about half of the cap number in just those 6 to 7 guys

thats a lot