Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordy out for rest of playoffs

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    MM has a press conference at 2:30. I'm sure there will be an update then with some more certainty.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Did the doctor actually say Nelson has a lacerated spleen? Or just that they were evaluating him for that? It seems like the reporter jumped to the conclusion that he had that.

Jason Witten had that a couple of years ago, and the headline said "out at least two weeks". I recall he got back quicker than expected. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordy back for the Super Bowl. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the next man up perform just fine and the Packers to do well even without him. Nelson had been playing Cobb's slot position a lot; Cobb is back now; Allison seems better suited for the outside where Nelson would normally play. In addition, Janis and Davis could still be factors.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Did the doctor actually say Nelson has a lacerated spleen? Or just that they were evaluating him for that? It seems like the reporter jumped to the conclusion that he had that.

Jason Witten had that a couple of years ago, and the headline said "out at least two weeks". I recall he got back quicker than expected. I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordy back for the Super Bowl. I also wouldn't be surprised to see the next man up perform just fine and the Packers to do well even without him. Nelson had been playing Cobb's slot position a lot; Cobb is back now; Allison seems better suited for the outside where Nelson would normally play. In addition, Janis and Davis could still be factors.
    ++++1

Keep it up, Tex. You're on fire!!

Go Pack Go.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I had a nasty fall a few years ago trying to load a boat, landed on the tongue of the trailer. I thought I was gonna die, couldn't breathe at first. But in a week or two I was fine

Bruised ribs can hurt like hell, yet he could still play next week

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    I had a nasty fall a few years ago trying to land a boat while I was loaded standing on the tongue of the trailer. I thought I was gonna die, couldn't breathe at first. But in a week or two I was fine

Bruised ribs can hurt like hell, yet he could still play next week
    FIFY lol
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Davis must have tried to bang McCarthy's wife. He hasn't sniffed the field in weeks.
    He also punched a coach.

JSO without a quote or obvious source said they basically benched the players who could not make it work with Rodgers (Davis and Janis) and promoted Geronimo to the starting lineup once he made the active roster.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    You may not believe this, but the night before the game, I dreamt that Nelson spontaneously retired. I woke up and thought " That was weird."

But more to the point, a dirty hit to Jordy, the way twisting Ty was dirty. As soon as he was hit, you knew it was bad, his reaction was immediate.

Bummer deal, I hope he heals up ok.
    OK no more sleeping for you until the off week before the Super Bowl.

We are all counting on you. Good luck.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

When a heavy lid of low sky
    covers a soul moaning with ennui and fright,
    and the whole horizon is rounded by
    a black day pouring down, sadder than any night;

When the earth is turned to a muggy dungeon
    where Hope is the shadow of a bat, feeling
    with feeble, flapping wings along the grunge on
    walls and bumping its head against a putrid ceiling;

When the crawling spiders of scattershot rains
    drop cold bars that imprison us,
    water trickles along the channels in our brains,
    and the people around us feel poisonous—

the bells speak out suddenly with fury
    and lance the sky with dreadful howls,
    and frightened strays and exiles, sorry
    and homeless, rage from deep within their bowels.

Long hearses roll, slow, silent, hypnotic,
    through my soul. Hope, defeated, cries
    out its atrocious anguish—despotic.
    A black hood slides over my ferocious eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Mike and Mike are reporting it apparently. I have mixed feelings on the hit. It didn't seem particularly dirty but it did seem unnecessary. Dang, that is a serious injury.
    He lead with the crown of his helmet into the back. Doesn't get any dirtier. As for unnecessary I disagree again. Jordy bobbled the ball, its on the DB to knock it loose....just not that way.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    Well that sucks. Somehow hearing that the guy will get fined won't help anyone feel better.

Here's hoping the rest of the gang steps up even more.
    The offender should be forced to donate his spleen for an organ transplant.

That's a tough loss. I'll weakly say losing Cook would have been worse. As would a plane crash killing the entire team.

MM's PC about to start. Maybe we'll here something oficial.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 31s32 seconds ago
    Sounds like good news with Ty Montgomery, who had to miss some time Sun for the Pack, but not as optimistic on Jordy Nelson

Not official, prior to press conference.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Mike and Mike are reporting it apparently. I have mixed feelings on the hit. It didn't seem particularly dirty but it did seem unnecessary. Dang, that is a serious injury.
    Weren't you going on and on weeks back about how dirty it was when Barbre put Clay on his ass?
    A shoulder to chest block is certainly cleaner than spearing a guy in the ribs with the crown of your helmet.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson spent last night in the hospital after his rib injury but has been released. Coach Mike McCarthy said Nelson won't practice between now and Friday but will try to practice Saturday. "If he can practice on Saturday, then he has a chance," McCarthy said. "If he doesn't practice, he won't play."

I'm air-mailing a bottle of this to Green Bay ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson spent last night in the hospital after his rib injury but has been released. Coach Mike McCarthy said Nelson won't practice between now and Friday but will try to practice Saturday. "If he can practice on Saturday, then he has a chance," McCarthy said. "If he doesn't practice, he won't play."
    Well that's great news. If he can't go this week - seems like he's not out for rest of playoffs. Maybe they were being cautious? Bruised rips or spleen kinda deal?
    The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.
    Vince Lombardi

"Not really interested in being a spoiler or an underdog. We're the Green Bay Packers." McCarthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Great news. Sounds like cracked ribs or something that could heal before SB. Better than "lacerated spleen"

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Weren't you going on and on weeks back about how dirty it was when Barbre put Clay on his ass?
    A shoulder to chest block is certainly cleaner than spearing a guy in the ribs with the crown of your helmet.
    Going on and on? I don't think so. Barbre hit on Clay was dirty since he was blindsided. This is just football. I am not so sure that he led with the crown of his helmet. It is an unfortunate play - just shoving the guy hard would have had the same result.

Might need some protective armor.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    When a heavy lid of low sky
    covers a soul moaning with ennui and fright,
    and the whole horizon is rounded by
    a black day pouring down, sadder than any night;

When the earth is turned to a muggy dungeon
    where Hope is the shadow of a bat, feeling
    with feeble, flapping wings along the grunge on
    walls and bumping its head against a putrid ceiling;

When the crawling spiders of scattershot rains
    drop cold bars that imprison us,
    water trickles along the channels in our brains,
    and the people around us feel poisonous—

the bells speak out suddenly with fury
    and lance the sky with dreadful howls,
    and frightened strays and exiles, sorry
    and homeless, rage from deep within their bowels.

Long hearses roll, slow, silent, hypnotic,
    through my soul. Hope, defeated, cries
    out its atrocious anguish—despotic.
    A black hood slides over my ferocious eyes.
    Tank??? (JK)