Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordy out for rest of playoffs

sounds cautiously optimistic.

Crazy that he *could* practice on Saturday. I'm not betting on that, but a far cry from initial reports.

initial reports were complete and utter bull shit

i even heard at one point on the radio that he had broken rids, a punctured lung AND a lacerated spleen

all of it comes from one guy, who didn't exam jordy, saying it could be anything including those things

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Or they could be playing coy, making Dallas spend time planning on the possibility of Jordy playing. On the bright side, if he did have a lacerated spleen or collapsed lung I doubt he would have been released from the hospital. I'm no MD, but common sense.

Steve Young played in a couple of games with broken ribs, taking the needle and wearing a flak jacket, but he didn't have to run routes and take hits.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Actually sounds better than that. I mean, if they are saying he intends to try to practice Saturday, then this just has to be a bruised something, cracked, or broken or lacerated would require a much longer treatment time. Signed, Dr Oldguy

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post

Steve Young played in a couple of games with broken ribs, taking the needle and wearing a flak jacket, but he didn't have to run routes and take hits.
    You're talking about Steve Young? Seems to me he took a fair number of hits!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I'm air-mailing a bottle of this to Green Bay ASAP.

I was going to ask if it was for horses but the logo gave my joke away!

#old school!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    initial reports were complete and utter bull shit

i even heard at one point on the radio that he had broken rids, a punctured lung AND a lacerated spleen

all of it comes from one guy, who didn't exam jordy, saying it could be anything including those things
    they were concerned that he may have had those injuries. they were all possibilities.

i kinda doubt we see him...unless he's just sore. if ribs aren't broken or separated from cartilage (both very painful) than we may see him. fingers crossed!!

i hope the fucker who hit him gets a hefty fine.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    Or they could be playing coy, making Dallas spend time planning on the possibility of Jordy playing. On the bright side, if he did have a lacerated spleen or collapsed lung I doubt he would have been released from the hospital.
    Exactly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

they were concerned that he may have had those injuries. they were all possibilities.

i kinda doubt we see him...unless he's just sore. if ribs aren't broken or separated from cartilage (both very painful) than we may see him. fingers crossed!!

i hope the fucker who hit him gets a hefty fine.
    no, during one of the updates during the talk show they said he had ALL those

it might have been on maddog sports
    Last edited by red; 01-09-2017 at 05:00 PM.

it might have been on maddog spots
    I don't know who to trust now.

no, during one of the updates during the talk show they said he had ALL those

it might have been on maddog spots
    ah...my bad. what is a maddog sports?

It probably is a cracked rib, maybe some cartilage damage. Will take months to fully heal, and hurt like hell for weeks. I sure wouldn't want to play wide receiver of all positions with that injury. But to Jordy I say: get back out there, son.

I think the thread originator should have spent more time sourcing this information and less time hassling Troy Aikman

Leon Hall has some 'spleenin' to do.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

How in the blazes did the Officials miss seeing an obvious ... Leading With The Helmut ... Penalty? It was over the top too obvious. Referree Ed Hochuli is a five day a week lawyer yet the NFL insists on such as their choice of game day Officials. He has been an NFL Official for 26 years but he was blind yesterday. He is by reputation about as competent as it gets among NFL Officials but he was not sharp yesterday. Why was that?

Ohh dear poor Ed may get a letter on missing the Jordy Nelson cheap shot from the League Office. What a tragedy for Ole Ed. Meanwhile The Green Bay Packers are possibly (to be determined) without a great WR and a solid person for the remainder of the playoffs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Hochuli

I want to continue this rant. If I could have gone through the HD screen to get to Joe Buck I would have clawed the scruff beard off his dumb ass face. I would have gone all Kamikatze on him. I despise that broadcast team. They cannot even do close to a decent job covering up their bias. F'uckers .... both of them and why do we seem to draw that pair so often !? I cannot stomach the fact we may see them back this Sunday Vs Dallas.

That as well as a lot more made me sick watching that game. It sure appeared to me like it was all about the Giants winning that game. Joe Buck is outrageously prejudiced for the New York Giants. He had little commentary on Jordy Nelson's serious injury after a violation and went on and on RE: the early loss of Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie. His remark RE: Aaron Rodgers being delighted that the Giants lost two key members of their Secondary was out of line. He's a complete ass idiot.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-09-2017 at 04:38 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    How in the blazes did the Officials miss seeing an obvious ... Leading With The Helmut ... Penalty? It was over the top too obvious. Referree Ed Hochuli is a five day a week lawyer yet the NFL insists on such as their choice of game day Officials. He has been an NFL Official for 26 years but he was blind yesterday. He is by reputation about as competent as it gets among NFL Officials but he was not sharp yesterday. Why was that?

Ohh dear poor Ed may get a letter on missing the Jordy Nelson cheap shot from the League Office. What a tragedy for Ole Ed. Meanwhile The Green Bay Packers are possibly (to be determined) without a great WR and a solid person for the remainder of the playoffs.
    On a passing play, the referee is focused primarily on the QB. It's either the side judge of the field judge who should have made the call. Doubt Hochuli was in a position to see if the hit was legal.

ah...my bad. what is a maddog sports?
    its a 24/7 sports talk channel on sirius xm radio

like espn radio but with different people

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    On a passing play, the referee is focused primarily on the QB. It's either the side judge of the field judge who should have made the call. Doubt Hochuli was in a position to see if the hit was legal.

No excuse. He's a lawyer. I'm sure it didn't take but a couple seconds for him to get right on top of Jordy with a business card. That hit was criminal.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Nfl mobile just sent a news flash saying jordy has at least two fractured ribs.