Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers/Cowboys Divisional Game Discussion Thread

Official Packers/Cowboys Divisional Game Discussion Thread

Cowboys -4.

Packers 3-4 lifetime vs. Cowboys in the playoffs.

Jordy: Will he or won't he?

Thoughts:

Packers better find a way to get the offense in gear faster than they did yesterday. If they don't, they might find themselves down 21-0 instead of 6-0.

Packers can't play as much 2-deep Safety against the Cowboys as they did against the Giants. If they do, Elliott will have a field day.

Dom is going to work some magic baby! lol
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Dom is going to work some magic baby! lol
    He'll be trying to confuse Dak. Might need to blitz to force the rookie into some quick decisions.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2h2 hours ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Jordy Nelson has a rib injury. He'll be in the rehab group through Friday, try to practice Saturday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 2h2 hours ago
    So did Nelson suffer internal damage? MM won't say. that's up to Nelson to discuss, he said. Will have better handle Friday.

Nelson spent evening in hospital, MM says.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 2h2 hours ago
    McCarthy: Thought the energy was outstanding on special teams. Winning the field position battle was a big part of our success.

McCarthy said the knee injury to Blake Martinez was a little different than his previous issue. He's hopeful Martinez can practice.

McCarthy: We got good news on Blake (Martinez). Hopeful he may practice this week.

McCarthy on Aaron Rodgers: I think it's clearly one of the better stretches. He's spoiled us with his play around here for a long time.

McCarthy on another meeting with Cowboys: We're definitely battle-tested. We're a better football team today than we were (in first game).

"It takes the whole group" to eliminate giveaways, like they've done, MM says. Packers were minus-3 in first matchup vs. Dallas.

McCarthy said OLB Julius Peppers is playing great football right now. He can't recall someone of that age (36) with that much production.

McCarthy on Peppers: He's a special player & playing great football. He's a huge asset to our team. Can't say enough about Julius Peppers.

McCarthy on #GBvsDAL: They're an outstanding football team, but this is about the playoffs. We're fully focused on winning the game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I think the key is winning the turnover battle. Everything even, I think Dallas wins. But we have experience and a team that protects the ball as well as a splash defense. We win if we win the turnover battle by 2 or more and have a good shot with 1 better. Everything even, I see Dallas beating us.

But it's two good teams. One great QB. Anything can happen. This one is up in the air.

I'm hoping M3 doesn't wait until the 3rd quarter to go for it on 4th down well on his side of the 50. Instill confidence early.

listening to the radio today, no ones fans want to play a rod

is was getting comparisons to jordan in that he always seems to find a way. he "wills" it

Scenario is Dak has had a week off with nothing notable to accomplish, while beginning to listen to the chatter and starting to over think things. The volume is going to increase exponentially this week.

Best case is he has the rookie jitters expounded by being off two weeks, and the game gets away from him.

My biggest fear is Ezekiel Elliot. Nervous energy makes him dangerous. He is the real deal.

both offenses are potent.
    whichever team can keep the other team's offense off the field the most, and collect points along the way, will win. ball control. clock control. move the chains. score.

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    135 yards 2 TD for Double E and Dak throws 2 TDs and AR has a chance down by 14 in the 4th but throws two ints.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2h2 hours ago
    #Packers WR Jordy Nelson suffered at least two fractured ribs in the win over #Giants, sources say. Will take an incredible effort to play.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Is it possible to use him as a decoy if he can just suit up? I don't think its necessary, just curious if its a possibility.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly. -Morticia Addams

No Packer fan should be allowed to eat ribs this Sunday.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    135 yards 2 TD for Double E and Dak throws 2 TDs and AR has a chance down by 14 in the 4th but throws two ints.
    Is that two interceptions on the same pass, or are we talking two separate passes?
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

I think they will sell out to stop Elliot - the way they did successfully a couple times against Adrian Peterson in his prime (yeah, I know there were some not so successful times too). I think we can get by with single coverage on their wide outs and Witten. Put a spy on Dak. He can run obviously; He is excellent on short and medium throws; But he is average at best on deep throws.

I was there when they beat the Packers at Lambeau. Our offense was shitty then against a not great Cowboy D - it won't be now. Our D was fairly adequate that day though. The Cowboys faded a little late in the season, and the Packers are hot. I think we beat 'em by a pretty decent margin.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I think they will sell out to stop Elliot - the way they did successfully a couple times against Adrian Peterson in his prime (yeah, I know there were some not so successful times too). I think we can get by with single coverage on their wide outs and Witten. Put a spy on Dak. He can run obviously; He is excellent on short and medium throws; But he is average at best on deep throws.

I was there when they beat the Packers at Lambeau. Our offense was shitty then against a not great Cowboy D - it won't be now. Our D was fairly adequate that day though. The Cowboys faded a little late in the season, and the Packers are hot. I think we beat 'em by a pretty decent margin.
    Keep predictin', Tex. You're on a hell of a roll!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    3 things to win:

Have to create turnovers and overall win the turnover battle
    Keep Elliot in check, make Dak beat us with his arm
    Have to have a good start and keep throwing.

Really is going to be a good game, Dallas is the 1 seed for a reason, they are good.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzin View Post
    Is it possible to use him as a decoy if he can just suit up? I don't think its necessary, just curious if its a possibility.
    I have a strong feeling he'll suit up.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blog Entries
    LaDarius Gunter must carry momentum into Dallas

Flooding the secondary won’t be an option against Dallas’ run-heavy offense, but assuming Dom Capers beefs up his front seven to slow down Ezekiel Elliott, the Cowboys could look to exploit favorable one-on-one matchups outside, particularly with top receiver Dez Bryant.

LaDarius Gunter’s role Sunday is as important as any. It was his duty to follow Odell Beckham Jr. for much of the Packers’ wild-card win, just as he matched up with Julio Jones in Week 8 versus Atlanta. And the results have been impressive.
    Beating Bryant with man-to-man coverage is key to slowing Dallas’ powerful offense. The Giants achieved this in Week 14, Janoris Jenkins following the star receiver across the formation and restricting him to a single catch for 10 yards. It’s unlikely Gunter can mirror this performance by himself, and Dom Capers will need to rely on his talented safeties to help out. But if Gunter can win with physicality at the line of scrimmage, the Packers will be able to commit more bodies to stopping the run.
    The Giants were aggressive, blitzing often in attempt to confuse Dak Prescott pre-snap. They were able to get home quickly and force the rookie quarterback into hurried decisions, and it paid off beautifully for defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo. Capers’ attempts to go blitz-heavy haven’t returned great results this season, but this high-risk approach can succeed versus Dallas.
    one of Prescott’s biggest flaws is that he locks in on his primary read. This is what made New York’s blitz-heavy approach effective.

^^^Whoever wrote that is on the same page as me.