Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers/Cowboys Divisional Game Discussion Thread

I don't think Dak Prescott is anything special. If you can double Dez and still stop the run, you win this game. I honestly think the Cowboys are very overrated. They are a good team, but not a great team as their record implies. They have a very great OL and that is the straw that stirs the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    ^^^Whoever wrote that is on the same page as me.
    Whoever wrote that needs to watch Green Bay's anemic pass rush and blitzing packages.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

This is what I said before the Giant game.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    If we're going to win the SB I think it's going to be with Damarious Randall all of a sudden getting healthy and playing good football. Gunter is serviceable. Randall is good when he's healthy. He just hasn't been since the third quarter of week 1. If he gets his health all of a sudden, Hyde can play inside and Rollins plays well inside too. We could get healthy at just the right time to knock off dallas and Atlanta.

But right now it's the giants. I hope for a big game from the dl stopping the run, the outside guys and Daniels rushing the passer and then a newfound healthy showing from Randall. If that happens we win and look like a new dark horse to win the SB.

So, the Packers do look like a dark horse to win it all right now. We need to see another big game out of damarious Randall and we need Rollins to be healthy and ready for Atlanta to knock Brice out of the dime.

This game we're going to have to sell out harder on the run, score touchdowns instead of field goals, and the cbs are gonna have to win some one on ones.

Goal 1 is obviously to win. Hope 2 is to see a healthy, strong, fast damarious randall.

If randall and Gunter play well on the outside and We find a way to mess up a couple of their drives by stopping the run, I think we are likely to win!

Gotta win turn overs too.

At the end of the day, were about a 50/50 shot to move on and are looking like a legit contender of our cbs continue to get healthy at the right time! I know Gunter has been our best cb this year, but I think Randall is the better player if healthy, and he might finally be!

I am getting ready to curse Beasley for a long while.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    ^^^Whoever wrote that is on the same page as me.

I'll bet that page was a little sticky when you turned it.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'll bet that page was a little sticky when you turned it.
    You know it was. I borrowed that book from you.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Jane loved Dick. That much we know.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

M3 PC

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 11m11 minutes ago
    #Packers coach Mike McCarthy reiterates Jordy Nelson will be in the rehab group today.

IF THIS HAD BEEN WATER AEROBICS AT THE DOWNTOWN YMCA I WOULD STILL BE IMPRESSED

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 14m14 minutes ago
    McCarthy said this year's development of young players makes them better equipped to handle potential loss of Nelson. #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy: At the end of the day it's about getting Randall (Cobb) the football. Good things happen when you get him the football.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 6m6 minutes ago
    McCarthy credits the conditioning of the offensive line as a key factor in their ability to give Rodgers so much time in the pocket.

SWEATING TO THE OLDIES STILL GOING STRONG!

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy on the offensive line: "When your linemen can line up and play week in and week out, you're going to play well." #Packers

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 22s22 seconds ago
    McCarthy on CB Quinten Rollins (concussion): He's going to practice as part of his rehab. Still in the protocol.

McCarthy said Allison was really raw when he went through training camp but flashed some things in the exhibition games. #Packers

McCarthy said he was aware of Allison's arrest at the end of training camp. No additional comments on a "pending legal matter." #Packers

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 2m2 minutes ago
    McCarthy said James Starks (concussion) hasn't made progress. "He's at a point, and that's all I can say. He's in the protocol." #Packers
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell
    If we're going to win the SB I think it's going to be with Damarious Randall all of a sudden getting healthy and playing good football. Gunter is serviceable. Randall is good when he's healthy. He just hasn't been since the third quarter of week 1. If he gets his health all of a sudden, Hyde can play inside and Rollins plays well inside too. We could get healthy at just the right time to knock off dallas and Atlanta.
    “I feel great,” Randall said. “I mean, the greatest I’ve felt after a game this whole entire year. I just took slowly week by week for me to just get back in the form I’m used to being in. I’m just glad everything is picking up at this moment.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Football Focus
    Randall finished the weekend as the highest-graded cornerback. Sunday's game was Randall's second-highest graded game of his career and it was huge. Randall was thrown at eight times and gave up three catches for a completion percentage of 37.5. He added an interception, two passes defended, two stops and a ridiculous passer rating of 11.5. The passer rating was the lowest he has given up in his career.
    Last edited by vince; 01-11-2017 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    M3 PC

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy: At the end of the day it's about getting Randall (Cobb) the football. Good things happen when you get him the football.
    Look for Devante to be targeted early and often!

Maybe heathy Randall and Rollins this week. Could be nice.

Could be a nice pairing with the new Packer Shut Down Corner™ LaDarius Gunter.

the dallas media are sickening. they're so down-playing this game it isn't funny. heard some talking seattle/atl already.

pbmax,

always appreciate the relevant twitter consolidation. twitter is blocked at work so i'm still able to get some news through yourself
    I am better looking than you.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the dallas media are sickening. they're so down-playing this game it isn't funny. heard some talking seattle/atl already.
    Is it much different here? Some 'Rats already talkin' about facing Atlanta next week.

Listen, people, I been thinking about this game a lot, and how to approach this thread, particularly. On the one hand, I would like to point out to all you who are dismissing Dak Prescott as a rookie and a game manager that I watched him play in Pittsburgh this season, in person, and I'm telling you the guy did not get rattled at Ketchup Field, despite the pukey yellow towels and the screaming and the cold and the fact his team was down. I watched him niftily duck some pressures, and at one point drop a perfect pass into Dez Bryant's hands about thirty yards down the field. I'm telling you, this guy is not going to get flustered, so don't get your hopes up.

And then there's Ezekiel Elliot and that offensive line. Don't you people remember Elliot getting the ball, getting hit about three yards past the line of scrimmage, and somehow ending up with an eight yard gain every time? Oh, and that offensive line: after watching Nick Perry and Clay Matthews and company flail against the Giants' supposedly crummy offensive line (remember us toasting "Marshmallow" Newhouse???), how does anyone on this board think that any Green Bay pass rusher is going to even get close enough to get a sniff of Dak Prescott's jockstrap? They'll double (Dr.) Peppers, and everyone else will lose their one-on-one battles.

And do I have to cup my hand behind my ear to hear you tell me what position the Packer defense struggles most against? What? Oh, right - the tight end. Who's Dallas's tight end again? What's his name? Something Witten? Oh, yeah, he's old as dirt - but as smart as Einstein. Good luck with defending him. He's the safety valve for Prescott, so when it's third and eight and the Packers flail at the Dallas offensive line until finally someone gets a hand within a yard of Prescott, he'll just casually toss a ten-yard pass to Witten, since our defenders will be twenty yards down the field and Micah Hyde will be three yards behind Witten when he catches it.

Their defense is not so good, you say? Hmmm. Maybe not the all-star defensive backfield, but way more depth than the Giants had, so without Jordy, watch yourselves screaming at the TV like you did last year, asking God and all mankind why no Packer receiver can create separation. Then watch Ty Montgomery have another stellar day of 2.8 yds/carry.

Sure, it's been fun, but nobody wins a game based on their "momentum." Dallas is the #1 seed for good reasons, which you will see revealed on Sunday.

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Keep the mojo goin' Motown.

You are in touch with my inner paranoid.

The offense is going to have to go full nuclear for the Packers to have a chance to win. Basically score more TDs than FGs and score every time they have the ball.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Originally Posted by Pro Football Focus
    Randall finished the weekend as the highest-graded cornerback. Sunday's game was Randall's second-highest graded game of his career and it was huge. Randall was thrown at eight times and gave up three catches for a completion percentage of 37.5. He added an interception, two passes defended, two stops and a ridiculous passer rating of 11.5. The passer rating was the lowest he has given up in his career.
    I guess then they didn't blame Randall for the Giants touchdown? I wonder how they make those determinations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Is it much different here? Some 'Rats already talkin' about facing Atlanta next week....
    odds are in dallas' favor for sure but we are so much different than when we faced them early on. Rodgers missed so many open guys that game it wasn't funny. he's not like that now. i don't expect a Packers win but i don't think the Pack can be dismissed so easily either.

the Packers had no business winning the Giants game. They have no business winning this game but they will because Rodgers is in all the commercials