Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers/Cowboys Divisional Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by scharpcheddar View Post
    the Packers had no business winning the Giants game. They have no business winning this game but they will because Rodgers is in all the commercials
    This one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite View Post
    pbmax,

always appreciate the relevant twitter consolidation. twitter is blocked at work so i'm still able to get some news through yourself
    I hope its worth every penny.

Wait a minute...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

OK, so Rollins concussion protocol involved more work than Jordy's rehab, probably wise to keep that in mind.

Tretter with a setback or day of rest?

And Janis, off his best game of the season, is hurt and not practicing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    I guess then they didn't blame Randall for the Giants touchdown? I wonder how they make those determinations.
    They have gotten stuff way wrong before.

It's really going to hurt if Janis can't go. He's become, again, a special teams ace. When he's on his game, he's the Aaron Rodgers of punt gunners.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

we're done if janis is a talking point at all.

To me the biggest question is can our D line contain the impact of their o line. I dont think we can, I do think we are sad Sunday night and talking coulda shoulda woulda.

I hope i'm wrong

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

With the college season over, GM Ted Thompson is back from his scouting trips and has been at practice regularly.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Packers CB Quinten Rollins was in pads and did more today, which could be a sign he's out of the concussion protocol.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jeff Janis (quad) and Julius Peppers (rest) both returned to practice on Thursday and were in full pads.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson (ribs) did not attend practice again on Thursday. Others out: James Starks, JC Tretter, Jayrone Elliott.

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2h2 hours ago
    Per #Packers injury report, OLB Jayrone Elliott's absence Thursday was not injury related.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Rob Demovsky
    With the college season over, GM Ted Thompson is back from his scouting trips and has been at practice regularly.

Rob Demovsky
    Packers CB Quinten Rollins was in pads and did more today, which could be a sign he's out of the concussion protocol.

Rob Demovsky
    Jeff Janis (quad) and Julius Peppers (rest) both returned to practice on Thursday and were in full pads.

Rob Demovsky
    Jordy Nelson (ribs) did not attend practice again on Thursday. Others out: James Starks, JC Tretter, Jayrone Elliott.

Same writer who pens "Why Your Team Sucks 2016: ..." has his Divisional Round previews up. http://deadspin.com/chris-berman-was...rst-1791083941

Packers (+4.5) 28, Cowboys 26

The first man to reach Aaron Rodgers NEVER brings him down and I’m getting tired of it. When playing Rodgers, you should be allowed to conceal a foreign object on your person and then cripple him when you come within sniffing distance. Like, you know those clubs that kind of extend out, like a car antennae? The ones that henchmen in action movies whip out from inside their boots? I want to be able to use one of those on the field against Rodgers, particularly if he’s about to throw another successful Hail Mary (God’s perfect little PACKERS just have to have every goddamn miracle throw end in a completion, don’t they?). I see no moral quandary with this.
    He's a Vikings fan remember.

Just listened to Capers. Randall is healthy and practicing for the first time in a while. He's a good player. I can see it in him. We're going to be able to commit to the run, mix things up and count on him to make big plays outside.

As bad as Rollins has been outside he's always played well inside. He should be ready for Atlanta.

The Packers are getting healthy at just the right time. This might be the year!!

Just like last week I feel surprisingly confident. We managed to win handedly last week with basically no pressure til late in the game. I don't expect that to change. But with the way Aaron is conducting the offense we have a good shot. Zeke will get his, but if we can keep him to a good not great game and come up with a key turnover or two we win.
    Pack 38- Cowboys 27

Gonna have to hold them to a couple field goals and run blitz at a couple key times to mess up a drive and force a few punts. AR and the offense need to get after it.

We sure do have a chance. And I hope we come out fucking red hot and knock them back on their (haven't played a real game in 3 weeks) heels.

We could get beat. But we could beat their asses too and handily. The Packers are good and can beat anyone!

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Pack 38- Cowboys 27
    from this post to the scoreboard!

As much as I will be cheering for a Packer victory, I just don't think our DL has a chance at creating the kind of impact necessary to get Dak and Zeke off their games. We are not going to slow down the Cowboys running game.

To me, the only way we can beat Dallas is to be very strong in the red zone and hold them to some FGs. I can't see us stopping them regularly between the 20s. It will be interesting to see how the Cowboys handle the lack of playing under pressure for awhile. That is the one area where the Packers have an enormous edge.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I do think the Packers can slow the Cowboys run game. Not stop, but get a couple stops.

The Packers defense is going to be able to do a lot of different things to disrupt the Cowboys offense. We have two very good safeties who can disguise coverages and allow Dom to pick moments to attack their run game. Now with Randall finally getting healthy, we have two corners who can hold it down when Dom takes those risks. That doesn't mean we're going to "stop" the cowboys, but we should be able to attack their run game in certain spots and get some stops and force a punt or field goal.

So our defense should be able to force a few stops. Our offense just rolled up a better Giants defense. Our STs is playing well.

Dallas hasn't played a snap of meaningful football on three weeks. We're a buzz saw right now. We're gonna punch them in the face so hard, they're not gonna know what hit them until the game's over and they catch their breaths.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    God, I am SOOOO ready for this game...