Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers/Cowboys Divisional Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    It's really going to hurt if Janis can't go. He's become, again, a special teams ace. When he's on his game, he's the Aaron Rodgers of punt gunners.
    The word today is that Janis will be almost 100% come Sunday.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I do think the Packers can slow the Cowboys run game. Not stop, but get a couple stops.

The Packers defense is going to be able to do a lot of different things to disrupt the Cowboys offense. We have two very good safeties who can disguise coverages and allow Dom to pick moments to attack their run game. Now with Randall finally getting healthy, we have two corners who can hold it down when Dom takes those risks. That doesn't mean we're going to "stop" the cowboys, but we should be able to attack their run game in certain spots and get some stops and force a punt or field goal.

So our defense should be able to force a few stops. Our offense just rolled up a better Giants defense. Our STs is playing well.

Dallas hasn't played a snap of meaningful football on three weeks. We're a buzz saw right now. We're gonna punch them in the face so hard, they're not gonna know what hit them until the game's over and they catch their breaths.
    The Packers have to somehow prevent Dez Bryant from making long pass completions and off the score sheet. The big difference in this coming game and the regular season game is that they were missing Bryant and the Packer TE Jared Cook. Which of these two players plays the most vital role for his team is a key to his teams result.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

The loss of Jordy Nelson.

I am not getting this game the Packers are playing and 3 Day Protocol and Jordy Nelson.

Leroy Butler has it right and simply is saying Nelson will not play. Jordy Nelson has broken ribs and it make sense for the Packer position to be simply pissed that he was lost due to an illegal hit by Giants Safety Leon Hall and demanding the NFL fine Hall.

Today it is five days since the games Officials missed flagging that brutal violation and there has been a zero response from the NFL HO.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    The loss of Jordy Nelson.

I am not getting this game the Packers are playing and 3 Day Protocol and Jordy Nelson.

Leroy Butler has it right and simply is saying Nelson will not play. Jordy Nelson has broken ribs and it make sense for the Packer position to be simply pissed that he was lost due to an illegal hit by Giants Safety Leon Hall and demanding the NFL fine Hall.

Today it is five days since the games Officials missed flagging that brutal violation and there has been a zero response from the NFL HO.
    Today might be your lucky day since Friday is when fines are passed out to players.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Friday M3 PC

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 11m11 minutes ago
    MM on Rollins: Worked as part of protocol yesterday. STill in the protocol.

McCarthy says Nelson is OUT. Not cleared to practice by medical staff.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
    If #Packers win, his status will be re-evaluated. He's going through a workout now. Says he's feeling better.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 10m10 minutes ago
    McCarthy said he and the organization are aware of Sam Shields' legal situation — marijuana, paraphernalia charges filed today. #Packers

????

Dallas coming off off week so Packers expecting some unscouted looks. Healthiest teams they've seen all year.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 10m10 minutes ago
    Must-win games are good training for playoff football for the young players, MM says.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy: You tilt opportunities the other way. We anticipated potentially not having (Jordy Nelson) this week. We'll be prepared. #GBvsDAL

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 8m8 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I have a lot of confidence in Geronimo (Allison). The progression he's made throughout the season. #GBvsDAL

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Jordy will travel. He'll be at the game in Dallas. #GBvsDAL

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Adams having great year. Become a complete player. Will have a lot of opportunities/expects Dallas to plan accordingly.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I watched the GB/Dallas 2014 playoff game over again last night on NFL channel. The Dallas team on offense is essentially the same, except for Zeke, Dak, Beasely. On defense, big change in OLB's and DL.

Packers offense is basically the same, except for Lacy, Sitton (and now Jordy). Cook is a huge upgrade over Quarless. On defense we've changed considerably. No Tramon, no Shields, no AJ Hawk, No Brad Jones, no Sam Barrington, no Casey Hayward, no Devon House. Basically, new ILB's and new CB's.

In 2014 our pass rush got to Romo in the clutch and also in the clutch Arod, Adams and Cobb were HUGE. Our pass protection was great, same as now, in the clutch.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

The Pack had no business beating the Giants. There's absolutely no reason they should beat Dallas but they of course will anyway.

Having seen Dez Bryant play all season, I don't think he is all that significant a threat. Also, Ladarius Gunter would seem to be especially suited to single cover Dez. If we get hurt in the passing game, it will be Witten, Beasley, and their 4th or 5th WR - Butler or whoever. Prescott likes to get out of the pocket and throw - and occasionally run - a lot like Aaron Rodgers. He is also careful at avoiding interceptions like Rodgers. We need to rush him but to do so by collapsing the pocket and keeping him contained. That should be doable if we single cover Dez and Williams as well as Beasley and Witten with two deep Safeties.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Having seen Dez Bryant play all season, I don't think he is all that significant a threat. Also, Ladarius Gunter would seem to be especially suited to single cover Dez. If we get hurt in the passing game, it will be Witten, Beasley, and their 4th or 5th WR - Butler or whoever. Prescott likes to get out of the pocket and throw - and occasionally run - a lot like Aaron Rodgers. He is also careful at avoiding interceptions like Rodgers. We need to rush him but to do so by collapsing the pocket and keeping him contained. That should be doable if we single cover Dez and Williams as well as Beasley and Witten with two deep Safeties.
    yup...dez is a slow one-trick pony. as you said beasley and witten are the problems in the passing game. that butler guy is pretty good too. the biggest problem is zeke. we haven't stopped anyone since the first nyg game.

Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 30s30 seconds ago
    Jordy Nelson, James Starks and JC Tretter have been ruled out for #GBvsDAL. CB Quinten Rollins (neck/concussion) is questionable #Packers

Elliot (hand) and Janis (quad/brain) are also questionable.
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-13-2017 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Wes Hodkiewicz ‏@WesHod 30s30 seconds ago
    Jordy Nelson, James Starks and JC Tretter have been ruled out for #GBvsDAL. CB Quinten Rollins (neck/concussion) is questionable #Packers

Elliot (hand) and Janis (quad/brain) are also questionable.
    Would like to see Elliot playing, would give the rush a boost.

Have to think Starks is going to have to call it a career. He was not having a great season, and this is a long time to recover from a concussion, and RB is not a position you want to have to worry about that.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Something more must have happened to Tretter. The Green Milwaukee Bay Journal Press Sentinel Gazette had a story about him being healed, finally; although it did say initially they feared his injury might be season-ending.

Blog Entries
    I read somewhere (not in the GMBJPSG) that Tretter re-aggravated the knee injury in practice.

Blog Entries
    http://www.acmepackingcompany.com/20...s-questionable
    Joining them on the inactive list will be offensive lineman JC Tretter, whose knee injury flared up again. Tretter played last week, his first game since injuring his knee in week 8 against Atlanta. However, he did not play in the game, either on offense or on special teams.

Bought my tickets for the game today...first away game ever going to
    Go PACK

Calling it right now, Jeff Janis clears 75 receiving yards on Sunday and the Packers win 35-24

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Bought my tickets for the game today...first away game ever going to
    You near Texas or traveling to get there?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    You near Texas or traveling to get there?
    Austin
    Go PACK

Blog Entries
    I see everybody is Drunk on Homer Juice; here comes some reality tea.

Dallas front is going to control our DL....simply put there are just way better. Eliott tears is up and Dom is forced to use some extreme measure to try to stop him...includeing some rush blitzes that leave us vulnerable elsewhere. This hurts our pass rush and outside contain...as Dak Prescott uses a combo of his passing and rushing to have a very effective day.

AROD has a very nice day and having a TE gives our offense a great assist. But in the end Dallas is simply put a better team. Here are Ten Predictions for Game Day

1. Red is intoxicated throwing mass profanities during the game regarding our defense
    2. Wist shows up blaming Dom Capers and his lack of creativity for everything
    3. Dom has to play some serous chess matches to figure out how to contain Eliot which includes some run blitzes
    4. Clay Matthews sees quite a bit of time at ILB to try to stop Eliot
    5. Moving Matthews insides aids in Zak Prescott having a nice running day as we lose outside contain on some key third downs
    6. AROD has a nice day and puts up about300 yards and 30 points, but Dallas puts up more
    7. Jarred Cook impacts this game and we're pounding the table for an extension
    8. Davante Adams and another each drop at least one key pass
    9. Green Bay loses the turnover battle --1
    10. Bretsky offers a simple solution for next year; hire Eliot Wolf and bump TT permanently to the film room
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?