Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Darren Perry Goes Old School Crime: DUI

Darren Perry Goes Old School Crime: DUI

Ryan Rodig ‏@ryanrodigwfrv 1h1 hour ago
    #Packers rule out Nelson, Shields charged w/ drug possession, & safeties coach Darren Perry charged w/ drunk driving. Rough news day in GB

I am getting a sense of why the Packers hit a mid-season lull.

They were all drunk and doped up

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ce=twitter.com

#fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-13-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The Packers should be embarrassed by the past few season. Obviously, their "contributions" to the local police and sheriff benevolent funds have been much too small!

Seriously, though, individually each incident is not unusual; collectively the drug ones make you wonder a little. This, as you wrote, is old school, but not a good example from someone in a leader/management type position.

Not a good look at all. I'd lose a lot of credibility around my office if I got a DUI... hard to preach when your guys know you aren't a saint.
    My employees don't even know some of the stuff you guys know about me!

It's a teaching opportunity. I don't want to say I'm a saint because I got most of my wisdom the hard way. I haven't drank or used a drug in almost 4 years. I don't participate in irresponsible sex. Life has some rules. Religious or not, we all pay karmas bill when she comes calling. I prefer positive, trusting relationships where I can be counted on and where I can also count on the other person. I have those with with my gf and my kids. I prefer less work and an easier life. I get that when I'm not blowing money on alcohol, drugs, gambling (4 years no gambling) or impulse spending.

I've lived 35 years of just doing whatever I wanted and it didn't work out. So now I'm committed to goodness and love and responsibility. I must say, it's not boring at all and full of happiness. Sad to see people drawn to the traps. They look like fun and for parts are, but yet so much more expensive than it's worth. It's a trap!

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    We have a bears fan mole in the police or what? I know it may not be a popular opinion but I'm fully willing to compromise the law and order of the city of Green Bay if it means more favorable football outcomes. These cantankerous stickler cops need to be reprimanded until they remember their "boys will be boys" attitude. Let players and coaches snort coke off your gun if they want, then help them hide the bodies and drive them home safely. Its football in January for chrisakes.

Green and Gold lives matter damnit.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    We have a bears fan mole in the police or what? I know it may not be a popular opinion but I'm fully willing to compromise the law and order of the city of Green Bay if it means more favorable football outcomes. These cantankerous stickler cops need to be reprimanded until they remember their "boys will be boys" attitude. Let players and coaches snort coke off your gun if they want, then help them hide the bodies and drive them home safely. Its football in January for chrisakes.

Green and Gold lives matter damnit.
    Its not even like Paul Hornung needing a ride home from the Supper Club from the local constabulary.

Shields was already home.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Its not even like Paul Hornung needing a ride home from the Supper Club from the local constabulary.

Shields was already home.
    Exactly. How hard is it to ID the smell as "none of our business" ask for an autograph and leave? Maybe send him a "get well soon" pizza. These cops need to get their priorities straight. Serve and protect in this instance is talking about our pass defense.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Exactly. How hard is it to ID the smell as "none of our business" ask for an autograph and leave? Maybe send him a "get well soon" pizza. These cops need to get their priorities straight. Serve and protect in this instance is talking about our pass defense.
    ...Those were the good ole days. hehe
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

If Antonio Freeman were still a Packer he would be in jail right now.

Of the "big three" stories from the other day, this one's the worst. We were all pretty sure Nelson wasn't going to play anyway, and Shields's career is over anyway and he hasn't been with the team for some time. But to have one of your assistant coaches get a DUI - dumb, dumb, dumb.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Well, holy cow. Someone should get Darren to an AA meeting.

In Wisconsin, first-offense drunken driving is a traffic violation, not a crime. Previously, Perry was convicted of drunken driving twice in Pennsylvania. He also was arrested in Louisiana on suspicion of drunken driving. That charge was dropped.

~snip~

Perry was completing his fourth and final season as the Steelers’ secondary coach when he was arrested in October 2006.

He was charged with DUI, fleeing or attempting to elude an officer, careless driving, failure to stop at a red light, driving while operating with a suspended or revoked license, reckless driving and accidental damage to a vehicle or property.

He entered a guilty plea to DUI, careless driving and failure to stop at a red light. The other charges were withdrawn.
    I think we know one reason he was let go when Tomlin came onboard.

This is an updated and expanded version of McGinn's article from yesterday about Wolf staying: http://www.jsonline.com/story/sports...nged/96795820/

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    It's a teaching opportunity. I don't want to say I'm a saint because I got most of my wisdom the hard way. I haven't drank or used a drug in almost 4 years. I don't participate in irresponsible sex. Life has some rules. Religious or not, we all pay karmas bill when she comes calling. I prefer positive, trusting relationships where I can be counted on and where I can also count on the other person. I have those with with my gf and my kids. I prefer less work and an easier life. I get that when I'm not blowing money on alcohol, drugs, gambling (4 years no gambling) or impulse spending.

I've lived 35 years of just doing whatever I wanted and it didn't work out. So now I'm committed to goodness and love and responsibility. I must say, it's not boring at all and full of happiness. Sad to see people drawn to the traps. They look like fun and for parts are, but yet so much more expensive than it's worth. It's a trap!
    A nice testimony. Congratulations !!
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Well he got off with paying less than $1000, for blowing a .21

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-deal-dui-case

Would have been better off spending $1000 for a 21 to blow him.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Isn't that about his fourth one?

And they say the days of preferential treatment for Green Bay Packer players and coaches is gone.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    If Antonio Freeman were still a Packer he would be in jail right now.
    Even if he got out he would probably still be suspended by Press Release Goodell.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Isn't that about his fourth one?

And they say the days of preferential treatment for Green Bay Packer players and coaches is gone.
    But since the others were in different states, they apparently don't count. Given Wisconsin's history with lax DUI sentencing, this may well be standard results and not preferential Packers treatment.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    But since the others were in different states, they apparently don't count. Given Wisconsin's history with lax DUI sentencing, this may well be standard results and not preferential Packers treatment.

I did not know this. Maybe Perry plans his heavy-drinking bouts according to the away schedule. "Hmmm...going to Dallas in October? I haven't been popped in Texas yet. Let me look up their DUI penalties..."

KYPack

Give him a break, his fourth offense was no different from his first. Defensive backs are programmed to have short memories.