Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Falcons -4 Over/Under 60.5

What a shootout this should be. The 2 QB's combined for about 9400 yards and 78 TD passes and 14 INT's in regular season. Rodgers had perhaps his best game ever in the playoff game at Atlanta in 2011 when he went 31-36, 366 yards and 3 TD's.

Jordy Watch:

After the game, receiver Jordy Nelson, who sat out because of broken ribs, said he was doing much better, but could not say for sure he would be ready to play in the championship game at Atlanta Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Over/Under 60.5
    I wonder what the highest over/under has been in the playoffs...this one has to be up there close.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    I wonder what the highest over/under has been in the playoffs...this one has to be up there close.
    Covers ✔ @Covers
    Packers/Falcons total currently 60.5 or 61 at most books.
    Highest O/U in our database:
    61.5 - STL@SF 2000-01
    Playoffs:
    59.5 - DET@NO 2011-12

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Gunter vs Julio...we lose in a laugher.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Packers will gut Atlanta like a fish.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Packers will gut Atlanta like a fish.
    Packers will squash Atlanta like a peach.

Packers will gut Atlanta like a...falcon with a fish inside its stomach.

Everything Atlanta's gonna get gutted...and squashed.
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2019,
    PackerRats Thompson D. Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2018,
    PackerRats Pick'Em 2016-17 Champ + Packers year Survival Football Champ 2017,
    Rats Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2013,
    Ratz Survival Football Champ 2012,
    PackerRats1 Yahoo Fantasy Football Champ 2006.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Matty Melt

9270 tickets available. Fill up the dome with green and gold! http://www.espn.com/nfl/schedule/_/week/3

Blog Entries
    DOM should get huge credit for a clutch play call at the end and his first half performance. He did a good job with this scat unit holding Dallas to what they got

Atlanta offense is going to tear this unit apart
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

It's been a good run, but the table isn't set up for us to win next week.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    It's been a good run, but the table isn't set up for us to win next week.
    Win the turnover battle and we could come out of there with a two week rest followed by a Super Bowl birth in dallas. But yeah, this is the hardest game on the docket. Davonte isn't going to be right. So we're down our top wr and our #2 dinged bad with a qb who relies a lot on trust.

Whoever we get in the SB is going to be easier than this one. But we have a chance.

I could see Montgomery having a big rushing day in Atlanta too. Run the ball well, play good special teams, win the turnover battle. It's just one game. We could do it and the next one will be a break in the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    DOM should get huge credit for a clutch play call at the end and his first half performance. He did a good job with this scat unit holding Dallas to what they got

Atlanta offense is going to tear this unit apart
    Ease up on the Packers defense. Lot of good young players there. Had some tough injury luck, but they're getting experience and healthier at CB. Burnett will be back. I think it was a deep quad bruise. He'll be fine. They're not that bad. Good pass rush. Good DL. Excellent safeties and the corners are just getting healthy. I think you underestimate our talent.

Dom is doing a good job winning with young guys too. It's a whole team effort.

Not to nitpick, but when we were up 28-13 midway in the 3rd quarter, and McCarthy started running the ball to kill clock or whatever, losing momentum, wasting a couple of possessions, etc., I was beginning to get pissed off. I'll give him credit for a great game plan and good play calling early, but that reversion to taking his foot off the gas nearly lost the game.

Agreed, Dom did a damn good job, and a lot of our D players held their own individually against maybe more talented O Linemen, WRs, TE, etc. Even though Elliot gashed us for a lot of yardage, he didn't break any big ones and didn't sway the game.

Maybe some dumbasses who were all doom and gloom before this game will be the same against the Falcons - in what should be a slightly less tough game hahahahaha.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Anyone know Burnett's status?

Statistically, Atlanta will be the worst defensive team the Packers have faced in a while. 25th in YPG and 27th in PPG. Opposing QB's threw for 31 TD's and had 12 INT. Their run defense is just average.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I think Burnett's availability will be big. Also, it's time for Damrious Randall to show up. How many times was he the defender in the replay when the Dallas guy was making the catch? He looks lost too much of the time. You figure athletic ability would serve a first rounder until instincts take over, especially at the end of year two.
    I thought this going into training camp. TT and Co. is taking their chances with more youth than experience in the defensive back field. Would things be different with Sam Shields? Perhaps, but he had already had a number of concussions, so not keeping more experience may still prove to be a mistake. That said, they are one game away from the Super Bowl because of A-Rod, and the offense, and you just hope the defense can do enough. There appeared to be some close calls getting to Dak yesterday. Our pressure game needs to get home and move around the less athletic Ryan.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Anyone coming to Atlanta for the game? I think I'll be down there...

I would like to hear what Fritz's feelings about this game are.