Thread: James Campen: OK, He's Got One Thing Right

James Campen: OK, He's Got One Thing Right

And that thing is pass protection: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...aise/96847704/

Two head coaches already have told their offensive line coaches to study how the Packers pass protect and be prepared to implement those techniques next season.

“Our guy told our O-line coach you better teach it or we’re going to find someone who will,” a personnel director for an NFL team said last week. “Green Bay does a hell of a job with it.”

One offensive line coach already took the hint from his club’s head coach and has commenced a study of Green Bay’s pass blocking.
    In 5 years they will name a rule after him, just like Mel Blount and Dave Casper.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

The technique is outside hands, hands on shoulder pads rather than a punch inside and a grab of jersey. Bob undersells this a bit, but the Packers are not the only team using it. Best part is this:

“The whole game they were on top of our shoulders,” said [Michael] Bennett, a two-time Pro Bowl selection [for Seattle]. “You can’t do anything. You can’t get off. How could I possibly get off when he (left tackle David Bakhtiari) is holding the back of my pads? Try to spin when he’s doing that.
    Which makes me so happy I am dizzy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This one is for KYPack and Bobble, Larry Beightol is still alive and kicking and being cranky:

The Packers have allowed nine sacks in the last three games but most of those were charged to Rodgers. After yielding 13 sacks in the first eight games, the offensive line has been charged with just seven in the last 10 games.

Last year, the unit was responsible for 34 sacks after allowing merely 16½ in 2014. From 2008-’13, the offensive line’s average yield was 27.6 sacks. The high-water mark for a line under McCarthy was 12 sacks in ’07.

Those great offensive lines under Beightol gave up merely five sacks in 2003 and nine in ’04.

“I think they’ve done a hell of a job,” said Beightol, who watches every Packers game from his home in Arkansas. “Would I like to see them be more forceful and have more sustain in the run game? Yes. But they’ve been terrific in pass pro.”

KY might be Larry Beightol. Is Larry from Kentucky, by any chance?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The technique is outside hands, hands on shoulder pads rather than a punch inside and a grab of jersey. Bob undersells this a bit, but the Packers are not the only team using it. Best part is this:

Which makes me so happy I am dizzy.
    trying to picture just what you mean - any chance of a photo or vid of the technique?
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    trying to picture just what you mean - any chance of a photo or vid of the technique?
    If you see any slow motion video of the Packers pocket during a pass, watch Bulaga, Bach on the outside pass blocking. Taylor if you can see the guards. You'll see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post

Bach gets on hand on the Giants end in the outside position the article was talking about. Its his left hand, right side on your screen.

https://videopress.com/v/yH0dJqkl

At 38 seconds, the Oregon Guard has his outside/left hand in the position we are talking about. But he's only got one hand up there. Its a moving frame but a still shot of that Guard.