Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by green_bowl_packer View Post
    First GB vs ATL game on NFL network right now.
    They should replay the 2010 playoff game.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I think jordy is gonna play.
    yeah...i mentioned that a few posts back. michael cohen of js said he though jordy would play in certain situations.

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Cool! I hope so. But is today Sunday? If not, damn!!!! I see most media folks picking Atlanta. That is certainly the most logical pick. My only comment is 'FOOTBALL IS NOT A LOGICAL GAME'. I too think atlanta wins, #1 offense, their house, and all that crap, but somewhere buried in my head, I have this FEELING, that the packers win this one going away....

Atlanta has an offense even more prolific than the Packers' offense.

You could discount that if maybe Atlanta weren't playing at home, and if the Packers' defense was significantly better than an average defense, or maybe if they were significantly better than Atlanta's defense. Or if Atlanta had a slew of injuries at a key position - say, wide receiver.

But none of those things are true. They're just going to be too much for the Packers.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by oldbutnotdeadyet View Post
    Cool! I hope so. But is today Sunday? If not, damn!!!! I see most media folks picking Atlanta. That is certainly the most logical pick. My only comment is 'FOOTBALL IS NOT A LOGICAL GAME'. I too think atlanta wins, #1 offense, their house, and all that crap, but somewhere buried in my head, I have this FEELING, that the packers win this one going away....
    Lotta people picked Dallas too.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    You're welcome anytime at my house for a drink. Hell, I'd take you to a game at Lambeau if my wife doesn't want to go.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

This is the cold hard statistical analysis:

https://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/teams/323/atlanta-falcons/#Points%20per%20Game$335$SeasonMax=9999&SeasonMin= 1990

The Green Bay Packers are 4-5 Point Road Dogs.

I cannot get this imaginary picture out of my head:

This guy LaDarius Gunter:

Trying to cover this guy Julio Jones:

and the result for LaDarius Gunter and the Green Bay Packers:

Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-21-2017 at 08:53 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    You would have posted the same thing last week also. You picked Dallas in the yahoo pick'em league.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

This week the wheels come off. It's going to be a blowout. You saw it start last week in the fourth quarter against Dallas - overcoming all the adversity the Packers have had to comes with a price, emotionally, and now three of their top four receivers are hurt, as is Morgan Burnett. It's just too much to overcome.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They should replay the 2010 playoff game.
    What relevance do those teams have today?

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    This week the wheels come off. It's going to be a blowout. You saw it start last week in the fourth quarter against Dallas - overcoming all the adversity the Packers have had to comes with a price, emotionally, and now three of their top four receivers are hurt, as is Morgan Burnett. It's just too much to overcome.
    I'n going with the Pack by more than a td

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    yeah...i mentioned that a few posts back. michael cohen of js said he though jordy would play in certain situations.
    I'll be surprised if he does. IMO getting Morgan Burnett out there is more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Atlanta has an offense even more prolific than the Packers' offense.

You could discount that if maybe Atlanta weren't playing at home, and if the Packers' defense was significantly better than an average defense, or maybe if they were significantly better than Atlanta's defense. Or if Atlanta had a slew of injuries at a key position - say, wide receiver.

But none of those things are true. They're just going to be too much for the Packers.
    I don't think it will be a blowout for either team. Atlanta's defense isn't as good as Dallas'. The Falcons looked good last week against Seattle mainly because the seachickens' O line is so dreadful. I have a feeling whoever has the ball last will win - just like the game last October. Let's hope we have it last.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    You would have posted the same thing last week also. You picked Dallas in the yahoo pick'em league.
    Actually I should have gone with my gut feeling that the Packers would win over Dallas.

That gut feeling was based in who had the best QB and the Vet QB over the Rookie QB and the Packers were coming to Dallas HOT ! and with nothing to lose in such a huge play off game and all the expectations for Dallas.

My gut was roaring Packers win and I ignored that.

Today my gut is roaring Julio Jones will have a huge game Vs ther Packers. I have little confidence that LaDarius Gunter has the skills necessary to cover arguably the finest WR in the NFL.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Lotta people picked Dallas too.
    Most of the media folks kept picking against Denver last year also.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

This report (the health of the Packer WR's) also bothers me:

http://fox6now.com/2017/01/19/nfl-ne...-sundays-game/

Coach McCarthy reflects on WR injuries; says if it were the regular season they’d likely not play

POSTED 11:03 AM, JANUARY 19, 2017, BY KATIE DELONG AND AP WIRE SERVICE, UPDATED AT 01:20PM, JANUARY 19, 2017

There seem to be conflicting reports on whether or not Jordy Nelson will play:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...d-play-sunday/

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4731/jordy-nelson
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-21-2017 at 09:42 AM.

I think it's fantastic that they are the underdogs. That only helps strengthen their bond.

There is a connectedness with this 2016 Packers team that we haven't seen for several years. You can hear it when they talk with any of the players. They say things about how they would lay down and die for each other, about how they knew they were a much better team than their 4-6 record.

It's them against the world. The Rodgers chip-on-the-shoulder mentality holds sway over the whole team: no one believes in us but us.

Is that enough? It was against a more talented Dallas roster.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I think it's fantastic that they are the underdogs. That only helps strengthen their bond.

There is a connectedness with this 2016 Packers team that we haven't seen for several years. You can hear it when they talk with any of the players. They say things about how they would lay down and die for each other, about how they knew they were a much better team than their 4-6 record.

It's them against the world. The Rodgers chip-on-the-shoulder mentality holds sway over the whole team: no one believes in us but us.

Is that enough? It was against a more talented Dallas roster.
    Whatever the result I believe it will be an exciting game and go right down to the final tick on the clock...a nail biter.

Anyone know what happened to APB and Wist43?

I have not seen Wist43 post here for quite some time.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Anyone know what happened to APB and Wist43?

I have not seen Wist43 post here for quite some time.
    The Packers are on an 8 game winning streak. They won't show until the Packers lose again or are trailing in the ATL game.

-Tim Harmston