Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    nand now three of their top four receivers are hurt .
    I'm gonna drink deeply of the Kool-aid and say the Packers will be OK at WR - in fact they just added great speed with Janis & Davis. If Monty catches passes and Michaels gets carries I see success. Rodgers is seeing the whole field behind stellar pass blocking and throwing darts - that's the reason for the winning streak. We forget how talented all these WRs are, it's not like the steep drop off to backups at the big boys positions. I see a Cook-Davis show. Cookie & Rookie to the rescue.

ps. Cobb is no Julio Jones but he has often been money in clutch games.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'm gonna drink deeply of the Kool-aid and say the Packers will be OK at WR - in fact they just added great speed with Janis & Davis. If Monty catches passes and Michaels gets carries I see success. Rodgers is seeing the whole field behind stellar pass blocking and throwing darts - that's the reason for the winning streak. We forget how talented all these WRs are, it's not like the steep drop off to backups at the big boys positions. I see a Cook-Davis show. Cookie & Rookie to the rescue.
    Rodgers is a particular guy. Janis is retarded. Christine Michael may be too. It's a huge drop off to those backups. Interceptions happen when dummies run routes. Blown plays, fumbles and missed pass protections happen when dummies play rb. No thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Rodgers is a particular guy.
    Tomorrow he can't be so fussy. He makes best of tools available, and they are good enuff. Janis & Michaels me be retarded, but they have that retard strength and speed. Like Forrest Gump. Run, Chrissy, run!

Tomorrow he can't be so fussy. He makes best of tools available, and they are good enuff. Janis & Michaels me be retarded, but they have that retard strength and speed. Like Forrest Gump. Run, Chrissy, run!
    I hope Nelson and Adams play. Now is not the time to insert new pieces into a precision unit.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    I hope Nelson and Adams play. Now is not the time to insert new pieces into a precision unit.
    We saw Adams play on a gimpy ankle before - made it thru one play then reinjured for 6 weeks. Nelson playing with freshly broken ribs is another genius idea. Be satisfied if you get anything from Adams and Nelson in two weeks from Sunday.

ps. What precision do you get out of Jordy? He can't move like before.

ps. What precision do you get out of Jordy? He can't move like before.

James jones played with broke ribs. Jared cook did. It happens all the time. Adams said this is a different type of sprain. He might be ok. I've sprained an ankle and healed fast. I've sprained them where it took a while. Depends.

http://archive.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/239117051.html

James jones said he played through it. Spit up blood. Kept going. Nelson has had two weeks off. He's fine.

Blog Entries
    The Docs know their stuff Harlan. A quick google search of some sports medicine sites indicates that a flak jacket or other protection around the area can protect from re-injury, and anesthetic injections can allow full range of motion. If he can't have full range and be pain-free he won't be effective and would be a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    A quick google search of some sports medicine sites indicates that a flak jacket or other protection around the area can protect from re-injury
    uh huh.

I don't think Jordy will play. He has the flu, he has broken (not just cracked, but broken) ribs. Relying on him in the gameplan would be a mistake.

Blog Entries
    uh huh.
    OK. We should believe you over the experts. Got it.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Harlan, FYI...

One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    I don't claim to know if he'll play but there are protective devices available.

EVOSHIELD CUSTOMTECH EVOALPHA RIB SHIRT
    Help prevent and protect injuries without limiting mobility or getting too hot.
    • Custom-molding Gel-To-Shell rib shields for elite injury protection.
    • Redesigned rib shield allows for maximum mobility and targeted protection.
    • Removable Nanocell AC pads are designed to be hollow directly above the joint, offering protection surrounding the joint without placing pressure on the joint itself.
    • Sweat-wicking performance fabric to keep you comfortable and cool.
    • Includes 2 custom-molding protective rib shields and 1 fitted performance shirt with integrated memory foam AC pads.

now Michael is on questionable list...back. geesh.

me be retarded
    Now now, dont speak about yourself that way, you are just as smart as your brothers.

Blog Entries
    They even have a video for the "Gel-to-Shell" technology. I didn't know this stuff existed. It's pretty cool actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What relevance do those teams have today?
    I really liked the result....

....of the first playoff battle between these two QBs.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    I don't think Jordy will play. He has the flu, he has broken (not just cracked, but broken) ribs. Relying on him in the gameplan would be a mistake.
    the official announcement was fractured. Which would indicate they could indeed just be cracked.

Has there been other info?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rib protection through the years: the Byron Donzis era

O.K., try this for size. Remember the guy who snuck into a Houston hospital room last fall with a friend and a baseball bat. That guy was Byron Donzis. In bed in that room was Dan Pastorini, the quarterback of the Oilers, who had been maimed that particular Sabbath past. Pastorini was in the hospital with broken ribs. Donzis introduced himself, and then his friend hauled off and whomped Byron across his ribs. With the baseball bat. Pastorini flinched. Donzis did not. Then Donzis showed Pastorini how he had on this dandy little inflatable vest. Soon, Pastorini was back in action, wearing one of Donzis' so-called flak jackets, and the Oilers went to the playoffs. Now the National Football League has taken Donzis under its wing and agreed to underwrite much of his research that pertains to gridiron safety.
    Back when SI had THE best writers on the planet, it was a sheer joy to read the magazine. I recommend the entire article from September, 1979 by Frank DeFord

http://www.si.com/vault/1979/09/03/8...-assisted-arms

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    the official announcement was fractured. Which would indicate they could indeed just be cracked.

Has there been other info?
    A fracture is a break, there is no difference. Fracture is a clinical term. A small crack is a fracture, a bone shattered into 3 pieces is a fracture. Can't read anything into that term.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...