Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    A fracture is a break, there is no difference. Fracture is a clinical term. A small crack is a fracture, a bone shattered into 3 pieces is a fracture. Can't read anything into that term.
    I did not read anything into the term. The question I asked still stands, "how does smuggler know they are broken, not just cracked ribs"?

The team called it a fracture and it does allow for it to be anything from a stress fracture to a closed displaced fracture. Until we hear otherwise. And I want to know from smuggler if he has indeed read otherwise.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Regardless, 70% Jordy is 500% Janis.
    No way.

Somebody earlier compared QB playing with bad ribs to a WR. No. A WR receiver with broken ribs is like a kicker with a bad hamstring.

Blog Entries
    Harlan I've been around long enough to know that you regularly speak out against the evil overlords who take advantage of labor in the name of profit. Your argument here, as reinforced by how JJ Watt was somehow pressured by doctors, who by association were pressured by team management, into playing when injured, is wholly consistent with that. If you deny that's the basis of your opinion then I apologize for that reference.

I was referreing entirely to your question about whether I had broken ribs before and the presumptive link to my ignorance of what that entails as you are suggesting. I am not the one making claims about knowing anything about Jordy's injury situation. YOU ARE, and you don't know what you're talking about here.

The point about sport today that makes it better than sport and entertainment in the Colosseum is three fold and has nothing to do with science, technology or engineering:

1. Access to courts of law to enforce rights
    2. They get paid
    3. Voluntary
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Uh oh.

Green Bay Packers @packers
    #Packers sign WR Max McCaffrey to active roster before NFC title game.
    Roster moves http://pckrs.com/sd7m

EDIT: Tretter put on I/R.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Harlan I've been around long enough to know that you regularly speak out against the evil overlords who take advantage of labor in the name of profit. Your argument here, as reinforced by how JJ Watt was somehow pressured by doctors,
    My opinion has zero to do with power over lessers in either case (Jordy or JJ.) That is a an argument you are having in your own head. My argument is over what I think is sensible and what I find entertaining. Players hindered and vulnerable because of serious injury do not float my boat.

I care not a whit whether Jordy or JJ want to play.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Uh oh.

Roster moves ��: http://pckrs.com/sd7m

The Doogie Howser of football!

I am not the one making claims about knowing anything about Jordy's injury situation. YOU ARE, and you don't know what you're talking about here.
    Nobody has any particular knowledge about the injury, yet we have strong opinions, including yourself. Of course new details about the injury might change opinions, but we are all arguing based on the reported details. You are no better in this regard than anyone. We have different opinions, that is all.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I'm responding to your words. You claimed the argument is about "protecting the exploited." Now you claim you misquoted yourself.

edit: as to other points, you didn't specifically claim, but they are counterfacts to your notion that playing Jordy is reasonable. Those are good examples of ignorance.
    I did not make the claim that playing Jordy is reasonable. I don't have any earthly idea if it's reasonable. Jordy and his doc's are perfectly capable of making that assessment for themselves. I'm simply asserting that you don't have any idea either by contradicting your claims and stated opinions.

The point about sport today that makes it better than sport and entertainment in the Colosseum is three fold and has nothing to do with science, technology or engineering:

1. Access to courts of law to enforce rights
    2. They get paid
    3. Voluntary
    Right, but nobody is seriously arguing that football is really the same as gladiators; and nobody has brought up the point of athlete exploitation other than a voice in Vince's head.

Blog Entries
    Nobody has any particular knowledge about the injury, yet we have strong opinions, including yourself. Of course new details about the injury might change opinions, but we are all arguing based on the reported details. You are no better in this regard than anyone. We have different opinions, that is all.
    My opinions relate only to your claims which are based on fundamental ignorance of the actual situation. I have no opinion on the injury because I don't know enough to have anything relevant to say about it.

Right, but nobody is seriously arguing that football is really the same as gladiators; and nobody has brought up the point of athlete exploitation other than a voice in Vince's head.
    Sorry, but if I see a picture online, I am compelled to respond. Its why I cannot go to You Tube anymore. Lotsa moving pictures ....

I did not make the claim that playing Jordy is reasonable.
    Shall we review all your posts about the reasonableness of playing football with broken ribs? The wonders of science and technology?

If you want to play this game, then I agree. I don't know Jordy's exact state either. But my bias is against playing based on what we know.

Blog Entries
    Shall we review all your posts about the reasonableness of playing football with broken ribs? The wonders of science and technology?

If you want to play this game, then I agree. I don't know Jordy's exact state either. But my bias is against playing based on what we know.
    Go ahead. I made no statement about whether Jordy playing is reasonable. In fact I explicitly said repeatedly that I do not know that. You said you think it is not and I merely provided contradictory information that demonstrates that you don't know whether it is or not.

Go ahead. I made no statement about whether Jordy playing is reasonable. You said you think it is not and I merely provided contradictory information that demonstrates that you don't know whether it is or not.
    Well you've convinced me then.

I join you in the valid opinion "we don't know if he should play."

All other opinions reflect only ignorant bias.

(Above is baloney, of course, you were revealing your bias as much as anyone. You want to see Jordy play based on the avail. details. You weren't presenting any arguments why he should sit.)

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I think you're both full of shit.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Blog Entries
    Well you've convinced me then.

I join you in the valid opinion "we don't know if he should play."

All other opinions reflect only ignorant bias.

(Above is baloney, of course, you were revealing your bias as much as anyone. You want to see Jordy play based on the avail. details. You weren't presenting any arguments why he should sit.)
    I did state that it seems like the decision will be based on protection from more serious injury and pain threshold related to achieving full range of motion.

I have no idea whether he should sit or play.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I think you're both full of shit.
    I bet you never played a down of football in your life. You strike me as a doughy pussy.

I just started thinking about my brother. He was a GREAT athlete, could have been a good QB. But he just didn't play. He did wrestling and tennis. In my hometown, this was a crazy thing to do. Even the stoners with athletic abilities played football. My brother didn't want to get yelled at by coaches in August and get into violent collisions. He loved everything about playing football in the backyard for fun. He was way better than anybody else in high school.

I think my brother was 30 years ahead of the time. Me, I'm still getting into violent collisions, only online now.

Uh oh.

Roster moves http://pckrs.com/sd7m

Some WR named Max McSomething or another going into a Super Bowl? Get him drunk the night before and I am all in on this one.
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    I bet you never played a down of football in your life.
    In fact, I played multiple downs. Here's a photo from my HS yearbook. I played scatback and survived many violent collisions sustaining only nominal brain damage.

One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers