Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Blog Entries
    NFL Network is reporting that Jordy will suit up today and wear some kind of cutom-made kevlar vest, which is what bullet-proof body armor is made of.
    Last edited by vince; 01-22-2017 at 08:19 AM.

The plane just adds to the overcoming-adversity fire. Pack take it 37-34.
    Go PACK

I'll be shocked if it's not competitive. It's possible to find a couple of reasons why the Pack might get overwhelmed, but this is the game to determine who's going to the Superbowl. The players should all be focused and leave nothing on the field regardless of any outside motivation. I don't expect to see any uninspired play, so that means it should at least be competitive. We've got nicked up guys and they've got nicked up guys, but still this is for the Superbowl so if they can run on the field then I consider them just as good as 100%. If they're on the field, then they'll be so pumped up that should play like they're 100% for a couple of hours.

It'll come down to the same thing as Dallas. Whose D slows the opponents offense down better. And just like Dallas, if that is pretty much even on both ends then it'll come down to who has the ball last.
    I hope our D can control them enough so that it doesn't have to be a track meet or come down to last minute heroics, but they could only do it for barely a half last week so we might have to endure some excitement to get this one.

Blog Entries
    Time to find some other hobbies for Sunday's rats; our season ends today.

Dom had been on borrowed time trying to keep this defense above water for weeks and he's done a great job finding a way. Today the ship sinks.

Atlanta averages a lot of pts a home an we don't have a drafted player at CB today.

Everything needs to be perfect for our win today; it's time to cherish what we had but reality kicks us in the nuts today.

Atlanta 44
    GB 38

The solutions lies within our organization to push us over the top.

Melvanize Ted Thompson; hire Eliot Wolf !
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    I heard one pundit quoted as saying, whichever team has to settle for field goals will lose.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

What Bretsky said.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    I heard one pundit quoted as saying, whichever team has to settle for field goals will lose.
    This might be the game that actually makes coaches go for it on 4th down anywhere from midfield in.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Just don't call a deep handoff to Montgomery, Mike. Or a short handoff to Rip.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Plane touching down in Atlanta was 3.5 hours late. Couldn't leave GB or Appleton because of fog. Had to bus to Milwaukee. Plane met them there, which, given the first sentence, is an interesting development.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-due-heavy-fog
    Apparently the plane couldn't land in Green Bay to pick them up, so it met them in Milwaukee instead.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Apparently the plane couldn't land in Green Bay to pick them up, so it met them in Milwaukee instead.
    That's kinda what I thought, but, where was the plane prior to Saturday arrival in GB?

Do charters really arrive same day?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    That's kinda what I thought, but, where was the plane prior to Saturday arrival in GB?

Do charters really arrive same day?
    They do, except when they don't.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...