Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

The Falcons have a lot of offensive weapons. On top of Julio, the Falcon's two tailbacks, Freeman and Coleman, are dangerous. They are both averaging over 4 YPC and can catch the ball well.

I thought the front 7 did a good job getting after Dak yesterday even with the Cowboy's vaunted OL. Atlanta isn't nearly as good there, and they should be able to harry Ryan pretty well.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Not to nitpick, but when we were up 28-13 midway in the 3rd quarter, and McCarthy started running the ball to kill clock or whatever, losing momentum, wasting a couple of possessions, etc., I was beginning to get pissed off. I'll give him credit for a great game plan and good play calling early, but that reversion to taking his foot off the gas nearly lost the game.

Agreed, Dom did a damn good job, and a lot of our D players held their own individually against maybe more talented O Linemen, WRs, TE, etc. Even though Elliot gashed us for a lot of yardage, he didn't break any big ones and didn't sway the game.

Maybe some dumbasses who were all doom and gloom before this game will be the same against the Falcons - in what should be a slightly less tough game hahahahaha.
    Wasn't just running. Running game was going well except for short yardage when they telegraph it and never play action out of it.

Marinelli altered the Boys defense, sending more pressure and at other times keeping both safeties deep. Passing game wasn't the same in the 2nd half as it was in the first. They missed two big pays, had an INT and that is how you go from 21 in a half to 7 prior to FG drives.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Two things: That INT by Dallas #38 seemed to me about a foot or two from being a home run to Adams.

Plus, I thought it was kind of SOP to run the ball right at a fast defense. I don't get the running wide stuff.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Lance Allan @lanceallan
    The #Packers inactive list when they lost 33-32 to the #Falcons week 8? Cobb, Randall, Rollins, Starks, Matthews, Montgomery & Cook
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Not to nitpick, but when we were up 28-13 midway in the 3rd quarter, and McCarthy started running the ball to kill clock or whatever, losing momentum, wasting a couple of possessions, etc., I was beginning to get pissed off. I'll give him credit for a great game plan and good play calling early, but that reversion to taking his foot off the gas nearly lost the game.
    Except that didn't happen.

The first drive was 5 called pass plays and 3 runs. The INT killed that drive. Then Dal scored a TD to be down by 8

Next drive was 3 passes and 1 run. Then Dal scored another TD to tie it.

MM didn't take his foot off the gas, Rodgers made a bad throw and the Dallas D played well. Throw in some bad defense on our part and boom, the game is tied. Rodgers doesn't miss Adams, that was a TD and the game is likely over at that point.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post

The first drive was 5 called pass plays and 3 runs. The INT killed that drive. Then Dal scored a TD to be down by 8

MM didn't take his foot off the gas, Rodgers made a bad throw and the Dallas D played well. Throw in some bad defense on our part and boom, the game is tied. Rodgers doesn't miss Adams, that was a TD and the game is likely over at that point.
    Yup, Packers struggled to adjust to pressure and man press coverage in second half. Maybe they should have tried running more when it became clear that Marinelli was going with pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post

Yes.

Falcons DE Adrian Clayborn out rest of playoffs with torn bicep.

Advice for Sunday:

A more plausible way for them to shift gears is to be more aggressive in the red zone and on fourth down. Just about every model which uses historical data to gauge win expectancy suggests teams are far too conservative in those situations. Coaches who are underdogs against great offenses, as was the case in both games on Saturday, can't settle for field goals or pass up fourth-and-short opportunities, and as a result, miss out on chances to match points with offenses that are too good to keep down for 60 minutes.
    And don't just run from heavy packages on 4th down or short yardage.

Barnwell: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...dogs-cost-them

A comparison of this weekends games betweeen the presumptive MVP and Rodgers.

Ryan didn't complete a pass past 20 yards. Rodgers had five. I don't remember the Falcons, but I'd assume a lot of slant and goes based on this. And Rodgers does not attack the middle of the field when playing against Sean Lee.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Where do you find that, smudge? Very interesting to see ar doesn't throw over the middle. I mean, it seems that way, but this proves it.

We're in the NFL version of the Final 4 again!

Atlanta has a lot of weapons indeed, but:
    1.) Dallas had a lot of weapons too and it was hard to see how we could possibly even slow it down
    2.) We've played this team before (at their place) when we were in our worst slump of the year and still almost won
    3.) I'm still sticking with the opinion I've expressed the past few weeks. I think it is very hard to beat a good team twice in a season and the Packers are a good team with a great QB.
    This is why I actually feel better about playing Atlanta again instead of Seattle. We just beat Seattle a couple a weeks ago so it would really be a tall order to do it again at their place right away. It's not like having to beat the Bears twice or some crap team like that.

Assuming that we're actually competitive, if Atlanta manages to beat us again then I'll feel like they earned it just like I would have felt that way if we lost to Dallas.
    Even with our erratic D, I'll be surprised if we're not competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Netmag View Post
    We're in the NFL version of the Final 4 again!

Atlanta has a lot of weapons indeed, but:
    1.) Dallas had a lot of weapons too and it was hard to see how we could possibly even slow it down
    2.) We've played this team before (at their place) when we were in our worst slump of the year and still almost won
    3.) I'm still sticking with the opinion I've expressed the past few weeks. I think it is very hard to beat a good team twice in a season and the Packers are a good team with a great QB.
    This is why I actually feel better about playing Atlanta again instead of Seattle. We just beat Seattle a couple a weeks ago so it would really be a tall order to do it again at their place right away. It's not like having to beat the Bears twice or some crap team like that.

Assuming that we're actually competitive, if Atlanta manages to beat us again then I'll feel like they earned it just like I would have felt that way if we lost to Dallas.
    Even with our erratic D, I'll be surprised if we're not competitive.

Being realistic, we were the underdog against Dallas and one more time on the road against Atlanta. I think all teams are equal but we're on the road, so underdogs. Anyway, win this one and stay relatively healthy and we won't be underdogs again. We'll be a fortified by fire Super Bowl favorite.

Gosh this is a big game. I just can't believe we're a win away from Super Bowl.

I hate to say it, but I kind of envisioned that game against Dallas. Hard for me to envision beating Atlanta with Davante dinged up and Jordy out. We gonna go Cobb, Allison, Cook, Ripkowski and Monty as our main 5?

Beating Atlanta will come down to pass rush, turnovers and finding a way without our top two WRs healthy. Adams is fucked up.

Get through this one though and we'll have a healthy, fresh jordy and Adams in decent shape and everyone else along with it. The defense will be so much stronger with a rest week.

Man, I hope we win it this year. We have so many good young players who will be better next year and we shouldn't lose much. We have a chance to make a special run!

Any update on Rawlins? Still concussion protocol, but nothing else? Also anything more than a sprain on adams?

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Any update on Rawlins? Still concussion protocol, but nothing else? Also anything more than a sprain on adams?
    Rollins as of end of week was still in protocol but practicing close to full. He is on last step or two.