Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

MM's PC today said they felt positive about all the injuries from yesterday, but would have a better idea Wednesday. Even Jordy "worked out" today whatever that means.

MM PC:

Practice schedule won't change much. Some players with more media responsibility because of high profile game.

Jordy was able to do everything they wanted him to do in weight room today. Don't know if he'll practice on Wed.

Not major concerns about Burnett. Will know more Wed.

Gave Rodgers credit for orchestrating play and protections on last drive. Said Rodgers has menu of plays and protections to choose from.

Where the hell is Fritz? I need to know why I shouldn't even bother watching on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Where the hell is Fritz? I need to know why I shouldn't even bother watching on Sunday.
    He is trying to rein in his disappointment and gather the strength to post.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

This game is a complete crapshoot in my mind. Neither team has any defense...both teams have crazy good offenses. If you want to know how this game is likely to play out, stick a tape of this year's Rose Bowl in your VCR and hit the button with that looks like a sideways triangle.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

This is our worst matchup possible. Atlanta has a great passing qb and a truly great wr as well as a solid ol and two really good RBs. They're going to have their way. Their STs is good and their defense looked good against Seattle, but Seattle couldn't block worth shit so that might be completely null and void. Plus, Packers are warn out and beat up. A crippled Davante Adams and no Jordy spells trouble.

I'm picking Atlanta in this one, unfortunately, but I'm going to be jumping up and down in awe and happiness if I'm wrong. I want to be wrong!

I'm gonna hope we win the ST and turnover battle, and somehow pull this out! If MM, DC, AR and company find a way to win, we're SB favorites in my mind (health withstanding)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    This is our worst matchup possible. Atlanta has a great passing qb and a truly great wr as well as a solid ol and two really good RBs. They're going to have their way. Their STs is good and their defense looked good against Seattle, but Seattle couldn't block worth shit so that might be completely null and void. Plus, Packers are warn out and beat up. A crippled Davante Adams and no Jordy spells trouble.

I'm picking Atlanta in this one, unfortunately, but I'm going to be jumping up and down in awe and happiness if I'm wrong. I want to be wrong!

I'm gonna hope we win the ST and turnover battle, and somehow pull this out! If MM, DC, AR and company find a way to win, we're SB favorites in my mind (health withstanding)
    hahahahaha Seriously? We just beat the Cowboys who have a better O Line, a better RB, arguably a better QB - mobility and caution factored in, at least an equally bad defense, and about the same quality receivers. Before that, we beat the Giants who might actually have had a D to be concerned with and receivers, etc. that matched up to our disadvantage.

The most significant post I've seen was where somebody posted who we had out injured when we lost 33-32 at their place: Cook, Matthews, Randall, Rollins, Montgomery, Starks, and somebody else of significance I can't recall. In addition, the Falcons lost starting DE Adrian Clayborn; Their star pass rusher, Beasley is less than 100% as is Julio Jones.

I'm not saying it's gonna be an easy win, but the Packers are capable of playing better than they played against the Cowboys, and the Falcons are not as good a team as the Cowboys.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahahaha Seriously? We just beat the Cowboys who have a better O Line, a better RB, arguably a better QB - mobility and caution factored in, at least an equally bad defense, and about the same quality receivers. Before that, we beat the Giants who might actually have had a D to be concerned with and receivers, etc. that matched up to our disadvantage.
    Packers just faced #5 offense in Dallas. Falcons are #1 on Offense.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Statistically maybe, but I doubt the Falcons O Line is near as good as the Cowboys. The way Dak played last week, he's better than Ryan. Neither of the two Falcon RBs is close to as good as Ezekial Elliot. I can't even think of the Falcons TE, but he ain't Witten-quality. Dez ain't quite Julio, but the rest of the Cowboy wideouts are probably better than the rest of the Falcons - and Julio is slightly injured.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

I feel more confident about this game than I did the Dallas game. I think this game will come down to a 4th quarter battle between Ryan and Rodgers. Who's gonna blink? I don't think it will be Rodgers.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Statistically maybe, but I doubt the Falcons O Line is near as good as the Cowboys. The way Dak played last week, he's better than Ryan. Neither of the two Falcon RBs is close to as good as Ezekial Elliot. I can't even think of the Falcons TE, but he ain't Witten-quality. Dez ain't quite Julio, but the rest of the Cowboy wideouts are probably better than the rest of the Falcons - and Julio is slightly injured.
    Anyone reading this would think you're from Dallas. hahahaha

I think we must give the Falcons their due respect. Dak is NOT better than Ryan. Did you watch Ryan against Seattle?

And both ATL running backs = Zeke. And Dez can't hold Julio's cleats.

Just saying.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

This is house money. No shame in losing. A puncher's chance to win. I'll be happy with a good showing, provided we do not shit the bed at the end as we did against Seattle.

Following the ST penalty on Seattle, the Atlanta offense looked completely unstoppable against what used to be the best defense in the league. Granted, it has slipped a little of late and especially so on the road. But still Sea > Dall on defense and Atl > Dall on offense. I would not be surprised to see Atlanta putting up 40 or more against Packers.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Following the ST penalty on Seattle, the Atlanta offense looked completely unstoppable against what used to be the best defense in the league. Granted, it has slipped a little of late and especially so on the road. But still Sea > Dall on defense and Atl > Dall on offense. I would not be surprised to see Atlanta putting up 40 or more against Packers.
    Seattle was absent Earl Thomas, who is the glue in their secondary, much as Morgan Burnett is in ours. Let's hope Burnett is back 100%. Plus, being a Georgia native and having played at Georgia Tech, Burnett might just have some extra incentive to do well.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

What are you smoking/drinking to think Dak is a better QB than Ryan? I'm not saying the Packers for sure lose this, but you are wrong about Dak being better. I take that back, I am saying GB loses. I just don't think they can luck out again, their defense is just too depleted. Then again Atlanta probably CAN'T win, they have free agents and a high draft pick player that they gave up a lot to get.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    What are you smoking/drinking to think Dak is a better QB than Ryan? I'm not saying the Packers for sure lose this, but you are wrong about Dak being better. I take that back, I am saying GB loses. I just don't think they can luck out again, their defense is just too depleted. Then again Atlanta probably CAN'T win, they have free agents and a high draft pick player that they gave up a lot to get.
    I am sure you would have said the same thing the last 3 years when ATL went 4-12, 6-10 and 8-8 with Julio and Matty Ice both there.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Nelson Update: There is a chance he plays, but a small one.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...im-chance-play

Following the ST penalty on Seattle, the Atlanta offense looked completely unstoppable against what used to be the best defense in the league. Granted, it has slipped a little of late and especially so on the road. But still Sea > Dall on defense and Atl > Dall on offense.
    The Seattle defense on the road late in the year has not been better than the Dallas defense at home. The Seattle defense gave up 30+ points in 3 out of their last 6 games.

I would not be surprised to see Atlanta putting up 40 or more against Packers.
    If Burnett and Rollins are out, that's possible. However, the Packers defense has been respectable late in the year when they're not having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to find guys to play in the defensive secondary.

Over the last 6 weeks the Packers have scored 38, 30, 38, 31, 38 and 34 points. All against respectable defenses. Falcons have averaged 34 PPG. If the Packers hold them to that, they have a chance.

Atlanta was a bad matchup for them. They don't have the offense anymore to take advantage of the Falcons weakness.

arguably a better QB
    Nope