Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

That the video features multiple instances of Cowherd being wrong is just the cherry on top of the sundae.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I am sure you would have said the same thing the last 3 years when ATL went 4-12, 6-10 and 8-8 with Julio and Matty Ice both there.
    Um this is Dak' s only season, so you are comparing where they both are at this juncture...not hypotheticals about past seasons. Matt Ryan will likely win the MvP, and the Falcons have basically been the best offense in football since week 1. Dallas has an efficient and good offense....but Atlanta's is explosive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Nope
    Yeah I'm waiting to hear how "arguably" fits here. There's no argument that Dak is as good or better than Ryan this season. Ryan threw for 1400 more yards and 15 more tds

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Um this is Dak' s only season, so you are comparing where they both are at this juncture...not hypotheticals about past seasons. Matt Ryan will likely win the MvP, and the Falcons have basically been the best offense in football since week 1. Dallas has an efficient and good offense....but Atlanta's is explosive.
    No, I agree that Matt Ryan is a much better QB than Dak this year.

My issue is that Rut is saying look at what ATL has done in player acquisition but didn't make the same point when the same players were going 4-12, 6-10 or 8-8.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Burnett may be the biggest injury right now. The pass defense (HHCD included) performs much better with him on the field.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 22m22 minutes ago
    Rodgers: 1-17 as an underdog when GB allows 26+ points (first win: Sunday in Dallas)

ATL has scored 28+ in all but one home game this year

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Rodgers: 1-17 as an underdog when GB allows 26+ points (first win: Sunday in Dallas)

It's a hard row to hoe when you put up 45 points and lose.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

to me the dal game was 50/50 depending on when you asked me. it rode on who's d would play best. it turned out to be the last team with the ball wins.

this game doesn't quite feel the same to me. it might come down to last team with the ball but...i've got a feeling the playoff run might come to an end...60/40.

either way...after last week, living HERE, my season is pretty much made. i won't be too disappointed...unless we get totally screwed by the refs.
    Last edited by gbgary; 01-17-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Another valuable Free Agent

Green Bay Packers @packers
    #Packers sign CB Bené Benwikere to the practice squad.

Roster moves: http://pckrs.com/m4l4

Another valuable Free Agent

Green Bay Packers @packers
    #Packers sign CB Bené Benwikere to the practice squad.

Roster moves: http://pckrs.com/m4l4
    Thanks to Julio Jones, the Panthers' Bene Benwikere was the NFL's worst player in Week 4

Ryan's record in similar games:

Scott Kacsmar ‏@FO_ScottKacsmar 2h2 hours ago
    Scott Kacsmar Retweeted Beau
    6-22

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    No, I agree that Matt Ryan is a much better QB than Dak this year.

My issue is that Rut is saying look at what ATL has done in player acquisition but didn't make the same point when the same players were going 4-12, 6-10 or 8-8.
    I'll stop short of saying Dak has been better this season, but I will say 4 things: 1. As was said or implied, Ryan hasn't been that great until this year, 2. Dak is still on the way up - the way he played last week against the Packers even was better than the already high level he played all season, 3. Dak has a little bit of Aaron Rodgers in him in that he doesn't take many chances/throw a lot of interceptions, whereas Ryan kinda leans the other way, in the games I've seen him anyway, and 4. Mobility means a lot these days; Prescott has it, Ryan doesn't.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

You're saying the Packers have been underdogs 18 times since Rodgers was the starting QB? That's hard to believe.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    I'll stop short of saying Dak has been better this season, but I will say 4 things: 1. As was said or implied, Ryan hasn't been that great until this year, 2. Dak is still on the way up - the way he played last week against the Packers even was better than the already high level he played all season, 3. Dak has a little bit of Aaron Rodgers in him in that he doesn't take many chances/throw a lot of interceptions, whereas Ryan kinda leans the other way, in the games I've seen him anyway, and 4. Mobility means a lot these days; Prescott has it, Ryan doesn't.
    Ryan has been a top QB in the league for years. Both Ryan and Arod have thrown 7 INT's this year.

I'll ask again. Did you watch Ryan play against Seattle? Granted he's not as mobile as Arod, but he ran for several 1st downs vs Seattle. Plus, he doesn't necessarily need mobility if he gets rid of the ball as quickly as he did against Seattle. And most throws right on target.

Dom apparently wanted to contain Zeke and make Dak beat them with his arm. I guaran-damn-tee you Dom doesn't go into Atlanta employing the same strategy.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Here are some numbers behind the Rodgers Ryan thing Kacsmar is tweeting about.

Packers had 2 OT in those underdog games. Falcons 3.

Average Score in Packers games: 23.7 to 34.9

Average Score in Falcons games: 23.5 to 32.1

Rodgers outscores Ryan in these games (barely), but his defense surrenders more points. Nearly 3 points is a lot in NFL averages.

Rodgers has made 15 playoff starts, 135 reg season starts for total of 150. With 2 more games, he has been an underdog with a defense allowing 26+ points 10 less times than Ryan. When it happens, his defense allows 35 points.

Ryan has made 6 playoff starts, 142 reg season starts for total of 148. With 2 fewer games, Ryan has been an underdog with a D allowing 26+ points 10 more times and has 5 more wins to show for it (3 of them this year). When it happens, his D allows 32 points.

As time goes on, I like our chances more and more. AR is going to have unlimited time against a limited pass rush. We're going to run up the score. I keep hoping for a solid day from our CBs and I do think we have the players on roster to win. We have a shot. Man, i want a SB run this year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Ryan's mobility has improved dramatically since entering the league. He was an absolute statue coming out of college. Now he isn't and elusive and he won't beat you with his legs per as but he has learned how to be much more agile and shift in the pocket to avoid rushers, and throw after shifting his feet. Pay closer attention to his highlights from this season, it's been a key to his success this year.

Do you believe in The Jinx?

Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
    Ryan's mobility has improved dramatically since entering the league. He was an absolute statue coming out of college. Now he isn't and elusive and he won't beat you with his legs per as but he has learned how to be much more agile and shift in the pocket to avoid rushers, and throw after shifting his feet. Pay closer attention to his highlights from this season, it's been a key to his success this year.
    He's still a lot closer to Eli than to Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers or Dak Prescott.