Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    After reading the articles about the injury report, I can't see how this team can possibly win this game. You can only do it with smoke and mirrors for so long.

Doesn't Jordy being out and Adams having a serious ankle sprain conjour up visions of last year's anemic receiving corps? Adams ineffective at getting open, Cobb unable to shake free of increased coverage? Sure, Jared Cook will help, but now Allison's got some kind of thigh injury, too?

And on defense, no Morgan Burnett practicing - so even if he plays, he's playing very hurt against the NFL's top-rated offense. And we're tossing an injured Burnett and Randall out there, with LaDarious "Thigh Bruise" Gunther, as the defensive backfield?

At a certain point, there is a tipping point, and this team has reached it.

If you're the Atlanta defensive coordinator, wouldn't you copy what Marinelli started doing in the second half, and run blitzes off the edge while playing rough with the receivers at the line of scrimmage? Montgomery's not a natural at blitz pickup - you could see that on a sack or two.
    We're set up for a Reggie White-type healing for the game. Just watch.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Cobb will not wear a mic pack this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Corey Linsley got driven into the backfield a few times in the Dallas game. Anyone know why? Is their NT dominant or an up and comer?

Or is Linsley hurt in any way?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Corey Linsley got driven into the backfield a few times in the Dallas game. Anyone know why? Is their NT dominant or an up and comer?

Or is Linsley hurt in any way?
    Which DL was it? David Irving had apparently been playing well for them ...#95.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Which DL was it? David Irving had apparently been playing well for them ...#95.
    Think it was 97 on the late game Monty run that was thrown for the loss. He wasn't the tackler, but he was nearly after getting through Linsley. Also saw him get pushed back versus the Giants.

Think it was 97 on the late game Monty run that was thrown for the loss. He wasn't the tackler, but he was nearly after getting through Linsley. Also saw him get pushed back versus the Giants.
    He drove Taylor, not Linsley, into the backfield. Looked like NT had been in the huddle and Taylor didn't know snap count.

You guys do know that the Packers are going to win this Sunday, right?

They will win or lose based on how well the DLine, OLB's bring consistent pressure.

Matthews, Peppers, Clark and Perry are the key.

So it's possible Nelson, Allison and Adams won't be ready for the game? Talk about a Holy Fuck thread.
    C.H.U.D.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    So it's possible Nelson, Allison and Adams won't be ready for the game? Talk about a Holy Fuck thread.
    It's a Fuckdoggle moment.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Packers not practicing in any fashion: Davante Adams Geronimo Allison Morgan Burnett James Starks JC Tretter Of that group, Allison was actually in pads but never did anything during the open portion.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Davante Adams (ankle) did not practice. Geronimo Allison (hamstring) was in pads but didn't do anything during the open portion of the workout.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson went through some drills but not in pads like the rest of the team, which likely means he's not cleared for contact.

Thanks Joe....I feel a bit better.
    C.H.U.D.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 35s35 seconds ago
    On #Packers’ injury report only changes were Jeff Janis (thigh), Julius Peppers (rest) and Mason Crosby (illness) went limited to full.

Time to bring in James Jones

First GB vs ATL game on NFL network right now.
    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time" Max McGee

Quote Originally Posted by green_bowl_packer View Post
    First GB vs ATL game on NFL network right now.
    They should replay the 2010 playoff game.

They should replay the 2010 playoff game.
    What relevance do those teams have today?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What relevance do those teams have today?
    I really liked the result....

....of the first playoff battle between these two QBs.

Man, just compare those injury lists. Atlanta's looks like they're all fresh as daisies - a defensive tackle not practicing because he's got a hangnail today.

Packer trainers trying to glue Jordy's ribs back together. Sheesh.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack