Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    US Weekly has weighed in on the Rodgers family with an anonymous source blaming the girlfriend.

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...a-munn-w461689

Holy crap, Rodgers is gonna score 50 on the Falcons.
    Without even reading this I'm just going to say Rodgers is a pussy whipped loser! You hear me Rodgers!? You are a loser! Oh wait....I should tweet this right?
    C.H.U.D.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
    "We're used to it," he said of injury concerns. Focus on WR is Cobb, Janis and Davis.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy on WRs: We’re going to give Adams and Allison the whole week. We’re not sure who’s lining up. I don’t think they’ll go till Sat.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
    MM on concern about WR corps: Doesn't have enough info. "We're going to give them the whole week" he says of Adams and Allison.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Morgan Burnett will work with rehab group. Jordy Nelson will work with on-field rehab group today like he did yesterday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
    If this were a regular-season game, Nelson, Adams and Allison probably would not play, MM says.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 12m12 minutes ago
    McCarthy said the #Packers are comfortable with the players they have here. He shot down the idea of getting outside help.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
    McCarthy on outside options: We’re going to go with the guys we have.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I think our offensive line has had an exceptional year. This group is the best one I've had the privilege of coaching.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
    "Trevor's ready. He's been ready," McCarthy said of Davis if he is forced into action.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 7m7 minutes ago
    "We're used to it," he said of injury concerns. Focus on WR is Cobb, Janis and Davis.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 7m7 minutes ago
    McCarthy on WRs: We’re going to give Adams and Allison the whole week. We’re not sure who’s lining up. I don’t think they’ll go till Sat.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 9m9 minutes ago
    MM on concern about WR corps: Doesn't have enough info. "We're going to give them the whole week" he says of Adams and Allison.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago
    McCarthy: Morgan Burnett will work with rehab group. Jordy Nelson will work with on-field rehab group today like he did yesterday.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 12m12 minutes ago
    If this were a regular-season game, Nelson, Adams and Allison probably would not play, MM says.

Michael Cohen ‏@Michael_Cohen13 12m12 minutes ago
    McCarthy said the #Packers are comfortable with the players they have here. He shot down the idea of getting outside help.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 12m12 minutes ago
    McCarthy on outside options: We’re going to go with the guys we have.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 5m5 minutes ago
    McCarthy: I think our offensive line has had an exceptional year. This group is the best one I've had the privilege of coaching.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 5m5 minutes ago
    "Trevor's ready. He's been ready," McCarthy said of Davis if he is forced into action.
    This is encouraging.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    http://m.packers.com/news/video/the-...d-edb53cb7bec9

21 years old. Doing that to the best blockers in the world. We might have ourselves a player, especially as he grows into that massive frame.
    Good find JH. Sure would be nice to have a difference maker on the DL. Makes the entire defense that much better.
    Go PACK

After reading the articles about the injury report, I can't see how this team can possibly win this game. You can only do it with smoke and mirrors for so long.

Doesn't Jordy being out and Adams having a serious ankle sprain conjour up visions of last year's anemic receiving corps? Adams ineffective at getting open, Cobb unable to shake free of increased coverage? Sure, Jared Cook will help, but now Allison's got some kind of thigh injury, too?

And on defense, no Morgan Burnett practicing - so even if he plays, he's playing very hurt against the NFL's top-rated offense. And we're tossing an injured Burnett and Randall out there, with LaDarious "Thigh Bruise" Gunther, as the defensive backfield?

At a certain point, there is a tipping point, and this team has reached it.

If you're the Atlanta defensive coordinator, wouldn't you copy what Marinelli started doing in the second half, and run blitzes off the edge while playing rough with the receivers at the line of scrimmage? Montgomery's not a natural at blitz pickup - you could see that on a sack or two.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Cobb will not wear a mic pack this year.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Good find JH. Sure would be nice to have a difference maker on the DL. Makes the entire defense that much better.
    He's a completely different style of player than Daniels. But we need that. If he becomes that big powerhouse we hope, look out. Our defense would really notch up if a couple of these young guys pan out! But damn, I want to win this SB and then another!

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    http://m.packers.com/news/video/the-...d-edb53cb7bec9

21 years old. Doing that to the best blockers in the world. We might have ourselves a player, especially as he grows into that massive frame.

Very nice piece of film on Clark. He played well.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    After reading the articles about the injury report, I can't see how this team can possibly win this game. You can only do it with smoke and mirrors for so long.

Doesn't Jordy being out and Adams having a serious ankle sprain conjour up visions of last year's anemic receiving corps? Adams ineffective at getting open, Cobb unable to shake free of increased coverage? Sure, Jared Cook will help, but now Allison's got some kind of thigh injury, too?

And on defense, no Morgan Burnett practicing - so even if he plays, he's playing very hurt against the NFL's top-rated offense. And we're tossing an injured Burnett and Randall out there, with LaDarious "Thigh Bruise" Gunther, as the defensive backfield?

At a certain point, there is a tipping point, and this team has reached it.

If you're the Atlanta defensive coordinator, wouldn't you copy what Marinelli started doing in the second half, and run blitzes off the edge while playing rough with the receivers at the line of scrimmage? Montgomery's not a natural at blitz pickup - you could see that on a sack or two.
    We're set up for a Reggie White-type healing for the game. Just watch.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Corey Linsley got driven into the backfield a few times in the Dallas game. Anyone know why? Is their NT dominant or an up and comer?

Or is Linsley hurt in any way?

You guys do know that the Packers are going to win this Sunday, right?

Corey Linsley got driven into the backfield a few times in the Dallas game. Anyone know why? Is their NT dominant or an up and comer?

Or is Linsley hurt in any way?
    Which DL was it? David Irving had apparently been playing well for them ...#95.
    Go PACK

Which DL was it? David Irving had apparently been playing well for them ...#95.
    Think it was 97 on the late game Monty run that was thrown for the loss. He wasn't the tackler, but he was nearly after getting through Linsley. Also saw him get pushed back versus the Giants.

They will win or lose based on how well the DLine, OLB's bring consistent pressure.

Matthews, Peppers, Clark and Perry are the key.

So it's possible Nelson, Allison and Adams won't be ready for the game? Talk about a Holy Fuck thread.
    C.H.U.D.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    So it's possible Nelson, Allison and Adams won't be ready for the game? Talk about a Holy Fuck thread.
    It's a Fuckdoggle moment.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Packers not practicing in any fashion: Davante Adams Geronimo Allison Morgan Burnett James Starks JC Tretter Of that group, Allison was actually in pads but never did anything during the open portion.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Davante Adams (ankle) did not practice. Geronimo Allison (hamstring) was in pads but didn't do anything during the open portion of the workout.

Rob Demovsky
    ESPN Staff Writer

Jordy Nelson went through some drills but not in pads like the rest of the team, which likely means he's not cleared for contact.

Thanks Joe....I feel a bit better.
    C.H.U.D.

Tom Silverstein ‏@TomSilverstein 35s35 seconds ago
    On #Packers’ injury report only changes were Jeff Janis (thigh), Julius Peppers (rest) and Mason Crosby (illness) went limited to full.

Time to bring in James Jones