Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Think it was 97 on the late game Monty run that was thrown for the loss. He wasn't the tackler, but he was nearly after getting through Linsley. Also saw him get pushed back versus the Giants.
    He drove Taylor, not Linsley, into the backfield. Looked like NT had been in the huddle and Taylor didn't know snap count.

First GB vs ATL game on NFL network right now.
    "When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time" Max McGee

Man, just compare those injury lists. Atlanta's looks like they're all fresh as daisies - a defensive tackle not practicing because he's got a hangnail today.

Packer trainers trying to glue Jordy's ribs back together. Sheesh.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat All-Pro oldbutnotdeadyet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Man, just compare those injury lists. Atlanta's looks like they're all fresh as daisies - a defensive tackle not practicing because he's got a hangnail today.

Yeah, on the surface, we are screwed, which is why I like our chances!

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post

Seriously? Adrian Clayborne, a very decent DE, isn't even mentioned because he's out for the season. Julio Jones was limping around after his first decent catch/run last week. Vic Beasley, their best pass rusher, isn't listed either - they rested him intermittently last week with some kind of injury.

I'm starting to read the same kind of silly crap that appeared in here before the Cowboy game and I think the Giants game too. - Woe is us; We just can't keep up; Doom and gloom is inevitable, etc. - that kind of shit.

I say again, Atlanta isn't as good as the Cowboys; They are not much better if any than the Giants; We will win this game! 38-20 Packers sounds good to me.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Tex vs. Fritz: the yin and the yang of Packer prognosticating.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Tex vs. Fritz: the yin and the yang of Packer prognosticating.
    That's right.

But I'm telling you, this team is emotionally exhausted after being in a pressure cooker for so damn long. Nobody can keep that up. This is the week it all ends.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Yesterday's practice...

That's encouraging.

Specimen.

Magician.

Weapon.

Whatever it takes Don.

Ponch isn't too exhausted.

Unspecimen. Who the fuck is this guy?
    Last edited by vince; 01-20-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    That would be Max McCaffrey practice squad wiz kid.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Is he Steady Eddie's son?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Two things to keep on eye on:

Jordy wearing no pads, Martinez not wearing padding pants, unless he has sweats over the top.

EDIT: though the QB, the RB and the PS WR don't have game pants on either. Maybe no leg pads at practice.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Perfect. Let's hope he's the Doogie friggin' Howser of football.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Yesterday's practice...

That's encouraging.
    I wouldn't encourage Jordy to play with broken ribs. He would be vulnerable and at best less effective. It's just a game played for our entertainment.

Story on Bob McGinn: http://www.si.com/nfl/2017/01/20/gre...ers-bob-mcginn

His basement has a lot of old clips. I admire the work Bob puts into this, his game day schedule (especially on the road) is pretty grueling. But otherwise, his work speaks better of him than this article. Bedard is a terrible columnist and insider/gossip, but he is a legitimately good writer. Kinda disappointed.

Packers --- 38

Falcons --- 34

If your not the lead dog , then the view never changes !

Blog Entries
    I'm struggling with this game because I don't know who's gonna be available and how effective they'll be even if they suit up - for both teams.

Clutch Coaching Rankings:

McCarthy at #4. Of those left in playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-2016-playoffs

The kicker:

Crosby was left with a 56-yard field goal, having gone just 28-of-54 from 50-plus yards during his career. Was the kick in Crosby's range? Yes, in the way that a 30-footer might still be considered to be in Klay Thompson's range, even if he's far less likely to make that shot than he would a 23-footer. Coaches often treat "field goal range" like a binary proposition, feeling safe once they get to a certain yard line, even though all kickers improve dramatically as you get closer to the end zone. The Packers did burn two Dallas timeouts, but they lost 3 yards while leaving 1:38 and one timeout on the clock for the Cowboys. They were in worse shape than they had been on first down.
    That is something I have failed to mention. If you run twice at the 35 and are OK with a 58 yard field goal, why throw on 3rd down?

I think being aggressive on all three downs is better (even if its, run-play action pass-run), but if you are going to be conservative, be conservative and burn that 3rd TO of the Cowboys.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Clutch Coaching Rankings:

McCarthy at #4. Of those left in playoffs.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...-2016-playoffs

The kicker:

That is something I have failed to mention. If you run twice at the 35 and are OK with a 58 yard field goal, why throw on 3rd down?

I think being aggressive on all three downs is better (even if its, run-play action pass-run), but if you are going to be conservative, be conservative and burn that 3rd TO of the Cowboys.
    I thought that article was pretty garbage because it failed to take into account historic body of work and instead focused on second guessing play calls, the things you can only guess at regarding intent.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I thought that article was pretty garbage because it failed to take into account historic body of work and instead focused on second guessing play calls, the things you can only guess at regarding intent.
    Its one article and covers four coach's history, you aren't going to get details on all decisions. But they do explicitly cover what did work for McCarthy in Dallas as well as what failed in Seattle and Arizona.

However, I think that 3rd down throw is critical to understanding his thought process and goal. He wanted a first down, he wanted to burn clock and he did not want a 58 yard FG rather than a 50-55 yarder.

If that is the case, then run from run formation, run from heavy and 3rd and long pass is not ideal. He has done this before too, including this season. It telegraphs each play.

If you are willing to pass (and I think its a better idea NOT to), then run-run-pass telegraphed by formation is harmful to your chances.