Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Falcons NFC Title Game Discussion Thread

Ground Rat
    Should be an interesting game. I keep hearing how great Atlanta's offense is and the defense should be quicker than dallas yadda yadda.

Well. Jones isn't going to be 100% but he could still torch this secondary.
    their line isn't anywhere as good as Dallas. Hopefully we will be able to get to Ryan more and maybe force a couple TO's off fumbles or rushed throws.
    We did just find vs a NYG defense but will we have any playmakers left?

Jordy is gonna play and play well

Burnett too. They're gonna make it a game.

Ground Rat
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Burnett too. They're gonna make it a game.
    this is probably the most important injury question. The defense pretty much fell apart once he left. Our corners are suspect but at least we were damn good in the back end. We need Burnett, especially on passing downs. The rook can handle running downs I think. He brings a nice hammer but in passing situations we need MB in the worst way.

Hardwood Offense Comes to Field Turf: How Football is like Basketball

https://theringer.com/nfl-playoffs-p...c0f#.wrl0h9say

Features Packers, Patriots, Falcons and Steelers. Not sure there is much new here.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Freeman Discovered Geronimo!

OK, he just met him at the combine. Story covers all the rest of the irregular fill-ins this season and compares them to 1996. Ty Dunne at helm.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ook-like-stars

Free gets a little fast and loose with the extent of his career:

"You have to be detailed," Freeman says. "You have to exact. You can't get a B on Sunday. You have to get an A. Because those two or three questions you may get wrong could be the difference in the game."

He's played with Brett Favre. He's played with Aaron Rodgers.

This run by Rodgers, he admits, is different.

"I've seen Brett Favre come back from that broken thumb [in 2003] and go on a hot streak," Freeman says. "But I've never seen a streak, in all my years, like I'm witnessing right now with Aaron Rodgers. Just the way he's backing up his talk. With 'R-E-L-A-X,' he took care of things a couple years ago. Then he told everybody this year, 'Hey, we just have to run the table.' Then, he backs that up.

"To overcome all these injuries and all those last-minute throws? It's amazing."

Still, Freeman won't say whether '96 Favre or '16 Rodgers is better, because this Packers team isn't in the Super Bowl yet. This Packers team is still two wins away from glory, and it'll take a Freeman streaking down the right sideline for an 81-yard score or a Rison down the middle for a 54-yard score to finish the job.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Jason Wilde @jasonjwilde

#Packers S Morgan Burnett (quad): "The season's on the line. I have to trust the plan. I'm doing everything to try to get out there."

That doesn't sound promising.

Julio Jones is saying he'll be out there. Morgan Burnett is saying "we'll see."
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Anyone hear anything about a bunch of the team including Rodgers being ill?

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Anyone hear anything about a bunch of the team including Rodgers being ill?
    yup

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...r-the-weather/

Blog Entries
    Yeah Jordy and Crosby are listed on the injury report with illness. I read that Rodgers had/has the flu too but I'd guess that'll pass.

In other NFCC week news, Kyle Shanahan has unofficially been offered the Niners head coaching position, though it can't be official until the Falcons are eliminated from the playoffs. That distraction can only help the Packers I'd say.

Yes. But some of them were last week (Crosby).

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 31m31 minutes ago
    Aaron Rodgers is sick. "Rest, fluids, all that stuff. We'll be OK. Jordy had it. Mason had it. I got it. We'll deal with it."

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 36m36 minutes ago
    Rodgers says he's a bit under the weather.

HE IS IN FULL BUTTE MODE, WHICH MEANS HIS IS STILL PISSED AT CAL FOR TEDFORD OR SOMETHING. PACKERS MIGHT SCORE 60

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 37m37 minutes ago
    Rodgers on WR injuries: Obviously we're hopeful that all three will get to play. If not we'll adjust. #GBvsATL

3 TE! JUST LIKE DOLPHINS BEAT THE BROWNS IN 1985 WC GAME

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 36m36 minutes ago
    Rodgers: You make your own opportunities. Nothing's been given to us this year, scratched & clawed for everything. Been a rewarding season.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 37m37 minutes ago
    Got to start fast and push through their response, Rodgers says of challenges on the road and in a dome.

Greg Bishop ‏@GregBishopSI 36m36 minutes ago
    Rodgers on Falcons stadium: it's really loud in there. Whether that's all natural or not remains to be seen.

Aaron Schatz �� �� ‏@FO_ASchatz 35m35 minutes ago
    Only twice in DVOA history has a conf champ game had 2 teams with top 5 Off and below-average Def. The other: 1993 DAL 38, SF 21.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 35m35 minutes ago
    More
    Rodgers on #GBvsATL: It's exciting. A lot of people wrote us off at 4-6. It's fun to prove those doubters wrong & be here with these guys.

Packer Report ‏@PackerReport 35m35 minutes ago
    More
    "There's no place for mental errors and missed assignments," Rodgers says if the young guys have to play.

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 34m34 minutes ago
    More
    Rodgers on adversity: I like the challenge. I like when the odds are stacked against you. Always enjoyed that role. #GBvsATL

Last edited by pbmax; 01-20-2017 at 03:42 PM.

some reporter, from the urinal scented, named michael cohen just said, on the doug gottlieb show, that he thinks Jordy is going to give it a try. that he'll go out there in certain situations.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

And now they're all getting the flu.

Damn.

That may be the one thing that slows Rodgers down.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Jordy is gonna play and play well
    Real men stretch out for passes with broken ribs.

Rodgers is going to have Janis, Cobb, Davis, Montgomery, Rodgers and Cook as targets. That will have to be enough. Those guys aren't chopped liver, and ARod is the difference anyway.

edit: Arod plus pass blocking are making this engine go

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Rodgers is going to have Janis, Cobb, Davis, Montgomery, Rodgers and Cook as targets. That will have to be enough. Those guys aren't chopped liver, and ARod is the difference anyway.

edit: Arod plus pass blocking are making this engine go
    I think jordy is gonna play.

On the "them" side, of course Julio Jones is gonna play, but based on last week, one quick move and the week of rest goes out the window and he's limping again. Julio Jones limping, though, is better than a lot of other receivers completely healthy.

On the "us" side, Jordy as a decoy is something; Jordy as a part time receiver is excellent given all the others the Packers have. Don't count out Allison. This flu thing is a non-issue, I think - 24 hour flu 2-3 days before the game.

I say again, we beat Dallas, a better team playing better last week than they played most of the season. The Packers lost by 1 point to Atlanta in Atlanta when we were playing like crap. We're gonna win this game, and it isn't gonna be all that close.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?