Thread: Gutekunst Stays In Green Bay

Gutekunst Stays In Green Bay

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 6m6 minutes ago

Packers gave Brian Gutekunst a new deal, just as they did with Eliot Wolf, per source. 49ers GM search wide open.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

no one wants that job

Winter Is Coming!

House Dorsey? House Wolf? House Gutekunst? House Highsmith?

You gotta bet on a Wolf (predator) or a Highsmith (fantastic iron weaponry) going by names alone. Does Ted wipe out some rivals if he gets a second SB or does he retire to the ancestral home in Atlanta, Texas?

Would pay for someone to edit this to those houses and setup some sigils.

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    no one wants that job
    Would seem that way. Seems like things are a mess down there, and they aren't doing any of the right things to fix it.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Murphy might also be opening up the pursestrings to keep his options open, the Exec Committee from panicking and keep Ted well stocked with foot soldiers.

I bet absolutely no one outside the building knows this, but I'm curious how they rank in scouting abilities. Obviously that's only a minor part of a GM's job, but I wonder how big of a win this was for GB to keep both.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Gutekunst was tabbed as the leading candidate for the 49ers job in Bob's article (no idea who the source was) and that source said that York thought he was close to McCloughan's level in scouting. They would mainly have college scouting in common. High praise though anonymous and without much background info.

I can say that Highsmith used to get a lot of pub as the gem finder for the Packers, especially in UDFA. When he was elevated, I think Gutekunst took his spot in the SE. And he received high praise for that work as well. I wonder if both benefited from being near the entire SEC pipeline though.