Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Vic Ketchmab calls a spade a spade with fans who live in fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Who are 3 guys whose careers were cut short by injury Alex?
    Raji, injury?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Raji, injury?
    The year Raji was injured I believe he had some kind of epiphany about there being more to life than football.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    The year Raji was injured I believe he had some kind of epiphany about there being more to life than football.
    Weed and Doritos probably do equate to more.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Still not Harrell or Sherrod territory. Not even the same ballpark.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I completely disagree. TT has shown he knows how to draft a QB when needed. MM has shown to be able to coach up QBs.

We wouldn't be nearly as good at QB but we would be stable. The organization and team are so important in the NFL. Stability and continuity are so important. Look at the 3 best franchises in the last 20 years. PITT, NE and GB have stayed the course and have been rewarded with above average to excellent play for a long stretch. You can say look at their QBs. But we have seen PITT and NE be able to pop QBs in and out of the lineup with success. We had Wallace and Tolzien losing for us but TT was able to get Flynn to plug the hole long enough to get ARod back.

"...TT was able to get Flynn to plug the hole long enough to get ARod back "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_F...en_Bay_Packers

See the second time around with the Green Bay Packers ( November 12, 2013).

While Matt Flynn was 'plugging the hole' created by the loss of ARod; and just for the record:

the Green Bay Packers went 1W - 2L - 1T (OT).
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    "...TT was able to get Flynn to plug the hole long enough to get ARod back "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_F...en_Bay_Packers

See the second time around with the Green Bay Packers ( November 12, 2013).

While Matt Flynn was 'plugging the hole' created by the loss of ARod; and just for the record:

the Green Bay Packers went 1W - 2L - 1T (OT).
    And if you read the next post in the thread i said plugging the hole meant 2-2 or 3-1. So Flynn did half a game worse than what I said. Which was just enough to let us beat CHI in the last game of the year to make the playoffs on an amazing 4th quarter 4th down touchdown pass from ARod to Cobb.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    And if you read the next post in the thread i said plugging the hole meant 2-2 or 3-1. So Flynn did half a game worse than what I said. Which was just enough to let us beat CHI in the last game of the year to make the playoffs on an amazing 4th quarter 4th down touchdown pass from ARod to Cobb.

Ohh .... now I see !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

More numbers to break down later.

Any 3rd or 4th down, 2nd and 4th quarters, 2 yards or less to go (includes play calls largely affected by end of half or game):

http://pfref.com/tiny/o5ndh

Packers are 12/24 or 50%, 12 rush, 12 pass

Any 3rd or 4th, less than 2 yards, 1st and 3rd quarters (eliminates play calls affected by end of half or game):

http://pfref.com/tiny/mQRZB

Packers 17/27, 63%, 17 rush, 10 pass

To make the first number more meaningful, you would have to pull out plays with less than 4 minutes remaining. But 1st and 3rd Quarter numbers give a good idea of what should be possible.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.