Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason News 2017

NFL Offseason News 2017

Not a story about an opening, but a story about another ex-Packer front office type refusing to do what fans are screaming for. Spend money on FA for Seattle's O line. Pete is speaking here:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ive-line-help/

“That’s not how we — ‘OK, let’s take money and put it here and all of a sudden you’re going to get better,'” Carroll said, via the Seattle Times. “You’ve got to get guys that can play worthy of it, and when they demonstrate that then they get paid. We’ve shown that we understand that and are committed to that mentality. I don’t think you can just buy your way to it. We’re not going to do that. We’re not going to go out and spend a ton of money in free agency on one guy to try to save the day. That’s now how we function at all.”
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I completely fell for a promoted Tweet. Took me to this site, where it took me WAY too long to realize I'd been had.

http://espnspecialreports.com/trendi...boys27691.html
    Last edited by pbmax; 01-17-2017 at 01:00 PM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Offseason news from 1973:

This seems like the subject of a lawsuit, not a measure of success:

Brad Biggs ‏@BradBiggs 12m12 minutes ago
    Howie Long says #Bears RG Kyle Long vomited 30 times the night of his ankle surgery but son doing "really good" now. (after shoulder surgery)

https://t.co/9ndOocWbkh

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 31s31 seconds ago
    The #Steelers have released former 1st round CB Justin Gilbert, who they traded for last year from the #Browns.

You know what? Its almost as if "all available avenues" for talent acquisition are not equal.

They each represent roughly a 50% failure rate. But one costs you a draft pick and a rookie contract, the second costs you future draft picks and/or players and the third costs you future draft picks and some significant cash.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The #Steelers have released former 1st round CB Justin Gilbert, who they traded for last year from the #Browns.

You know what? Its almost as if "all available avenues" for talent acquisition are not equal.

They each represent roughly a 50% failure rate. But one costs you a draft pick and a rookie contract, the second costs you future draft picks and/or players and the third costs you future draft picks and some significant cash.
    Yup, much better to play it safe and fail as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Yup, much better to play it safe and fail as well.
    Nope. You use them when your leverage is good. Guion, Peppers, Cook.

Joe Thomas @joethomas73
    If you don't like football, it doesn't matter how talented you are, your star will burn out quick.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Joe Thomas @joethomas73
    If you don't like football, it doesn't matter how talented you are, your star will burn out quick.
    Playing for the Browns likely has that affect on some players, save for Joe.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

yeah, unless you're just playing the game for the money, i don't know how anyone could put up with playing for the browns

Giants have released Victor Cruz and Rashad Jennings. Gives them about 12 million in salary cap space. Cruz just hasn't been the same since that terrible knee injury.

Dolphins sign Cameron Wake to 2 year extension. 18 million, 11 million guaranteed.

Edit: His contract was due to expire after 2017 season. This contract will cover 2017-2018.
    Last edited by Joemailman; 02-19-2017 at 10:02 AM.

The Miami Dolphins and Jacksonville Jaguars are working on a trade involving offensive tackle Branden Albert and tight end Julius Thomas, but hurdles remain.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Albert is visiting the Jaguars on Monday to help facilitate a swap. An Albert-Thomas trade would likely happen if both players agreed to new deals, Rapoport reported.

A trade cannot be officially finalized until the new league year opens on March 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Its happening, but its Albert for picks now to Jags.

Its happening, but its Albert for picks now to Jags.
    Or maybe still with Thomas?

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 46m46 minutes ago
    My understanding is the Julius Thomas part of #Dolphins-#Jags deal broke down (for now) over what his new MIA contract would be. Lot of time

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Branden Albert to Jacksonville in the works -- but not for Julius Thomas http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...133827814.html

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago
    My understanding is the Julius Thomas part of #Dolphins-#Jags deal broke down (for now) over what his new MIA contract would be. Lot of time

Also, Jaguars cutting defensive lineman Jared Odrick

Remaking the rosters in 2017, possibly including Davon House, who apparently was the #5 CB by the end of the season.

Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran 7m7 minutes ago
    '15 FA frenzy
    Thomas: Trying to give away
    Odrick: Cut today
    House: No. 5 CB late in year
    Skuta: two-down LB
    Parnell: Still the RT
    Sergio: HA

Stanley Wilson might be available at CB after he clears up a small detail.

Detroit Lions Cornerback Stanley Wilson Arrested Naked For The Third Time In A Year

Stanley Wilson might be available at CB after he clears up a small detail.

Detroit Lions Cornerback Stanley Wilson Arrested Naked For The Third Time In A Year
    He might be a little rusty since he hasn't played since 2007.

Armando Salguero @ArmandoSalguero
    Branden Albert to Jacksonville in the works -- but not for Julius Thomas http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/sp...133827814.html

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1h1 hour ago

Also, Jaguars cutting defensive lineman Jared Odrick
    Looks like Thomas going to Miami after all. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...as-to-dolphins