Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason News 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He might be a little rusty since he hasn't played since 2007.
    What don't you understand about how bad Ted screwed the pooch with Randall and Rollins?

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Bears are trying to trade cutler

Is anyone that stupid or desperate?

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    Bears are trying to trade cutler

Is anyone that stupid or desperate?
    Probably not. His base salary in 2017 is 12.5 million, and goes up from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Probably not. His base salary in 2017 is 12.5 million, and goes up from that.
    I'm not as bearish on Cutler as a lot of NFL people are. Don't know why, can't put a finger on it. But 12.5 is cheap for an NFL QB.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    What exactly are teams going to give up for him that the Bears would want? Given his past performance, not much. Here's a take I found that's fantastic:

"Everything you need to know about trades you learned at the lunch tables in elementary school.

When you were slanging your juice box in attempts to upgrade at dessert, you had a bargaining chip. The juice quenched thirst way better than the skim milk the school was peddling, so you could justifiably demand a Nutter Butter in return.

Did your parents pack a Fruit Roll-Up? Congratulations on that bag of chips you're about to land.

But if you've got yourself a half-eaten banana, your behind ain't getting nothing.

Jay Cutler is that half-eaten banana. And the Chicago Bears are looking to make a deal."
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    What exactly are teams going to give up for him that the Bears would want?
    water, blankets, sod, etc.

As stated in December:

Romo to Denver.
    Garrapolo to Chicago.
    Cutler to Cleveland (only team dumb enough to make the move).

I think they ar fishing for anything they can get. They are pretty much forced to cut him at this point so why not throw out a couple lines and see if someone bites with a 7th rounder? Something is better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by QBME View Post
    As stated in December:

Romo to Denver.
    Garrapolo to Chicago.
    Cutler to Cleveland (only team dumb enough to make the move).
    What do you fellas think about Garrapolo? Will he be a good starter or will he end up as yet another backup who flamed out ala Matt Flynn and Brock Osweiler?

I have a feeling he'll be more Matt Cassell. Decent but not as good as he looked in NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I have a feeling he'll be more Matt Cassell. Decent but not as good as he looked in NE.
    That's fair. Some writers who I trust think JG will be the one to actually succeed post NE. It won't be as easy as it was in NE though.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...und-draft-pick
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...dge-rookie-qbs

More Jimmy Garoppolo, this time what a Bayesian approach to his 63 passes in 2016 tells you about him

Don't want to spend the day learning about Bayes' Theorem?

As little as we know about how good Garoppolo really is, we know even less about a generic first-rounder, plus our best guess at Garoppolo's underlying talent is slightly higher. With this method, we can even estimate the probability that Garoppolo would be better than the generic first-round QB, given certain assumptions. With what we've seen so far, there's a 59 percent chance Garoppolo would turn out better. If we repeat the same analysis but instead use a more advanced metric of performance -- expected points added -- we get very similar results: a 64 percent chance that Garoppolo is better than a generic-first rounder.
    Last edited by pbmax; 02-23-2017 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    What exactly are teams going to give up for him that the Bears would want? Given his past performance, not much. Here's a take I found that's fantastic:

"Everything you need to know about trades you learned at the lunch tables in elementary school.

When you were slanging your juice box in attempts to upgrade at dessert, you had a bargaining chip. The juice quenched thirst way better than the skim milk the school was peddling, so you could justifiably demand a Nutter Butter in return.

Did your parents pack a Fruit Roll-Up? Congratulations on that bag of chips you're about to land.

But if you've got yourself a half-eaten banana, your behind ain't getting nothing.

Jay Cutler is that half-eaten banana. And the Chicago Bears are looking to make a deal."
    More like a soggy bag of pretzels.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    What do you fellas think about Garrapolo? Will he be a good starter or will he end up as yet another backup who flamed out ala Matt Flynn and Brock Osweiler?
    He'll be better if he stays with Hoody Genius.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 2m2 minutes ago

Antonio Brown deal: 4-year extension worth $68 million - 17M per year over 4 years, and $18.5M over 3 years. Tied to Steelers through 2021.

makes jordy look like more of a bargain

although brown is awesome

steelers also slapped the tag on bell today

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora 27s27 seconds ago

Would be stunned if Chiefs don't have Eric Berry locked up by franchise deadline. Sides very close on a 6yr deal worth massive $13M/year

Vikings are NOT picking up AP's 2017 contract option.

Jamaal Charles is also now available. Chiefs will release him.

Interesting. Start of League Year in March has sort of turned into a new June 1st date for vets to come available. Lotta agents load bonuses up for these dates to force a decision before FA.

ProFootballTalk‏Verified account @ProFootballTalk 21m21 minutes ago
    Chiefs to cut Jamaal Charles

https://t.co/3SdoYFBnUS