Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Offseason News 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Vikings are NOT picking up AP's 2017 contract option.

Robert Klemko‏ @RobertKlemko 57m57 minutes ago

Bovada set odds on AP's destination. Still giving Minny a good shot.

Bucs 3/1
    MN 5/1
    NYG 5/1
    KC 5/1
    CAR 7/1
    Pats 8/1
    GB 10/1
    Was 10/1
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Robert Klemko‏ @RobertKlemko 57m57 minutes ago

Bovada set odds on AP's destination. Still giving Minny a good shot.

Bucs 3/1
    MN 5/1
    NYG 5/1
    KC 5/1
    CAR 7/1
    Pats 8/1
    GB 10/1
    Was 10/1
    The Giants with AP would be a tough team. Even if he's only at 80% of what he use to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    The Giants with AP would be a tough team. Even if he's only at 80% of what he use to be.
    Couple of Giant writers thought Charles fit the system better. Wouldn't be surprised to see one of those guys head there.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

the league is looking at perhaps revising the 'celebration rule' after touchdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    the league is looking at perhaps revising the 'celebration rule' after touchdowns.
    Which direction? Less or more fun?

ProFootballTalk‏ @ProFootballTalk 26m26 minutes ago
    Salary cap set at $167 million

https://t.co/Vy92Qxg8RG

Which direction? Less or more fun?
    more lax.

they're also looking at centralization of replay. no more head ref going under the hood.

Sebastian Vollmer released by the Patriots. He is coming off injuries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...stian-vollmer/

Brandon Marshall being released by nyj.

It IS like June 1st of old.

Two for your consideration:

Seahawks don’t tender contracts to restricted free agents DeShawn Shead (CB), Brock Coyle (LB)

Shead was starting but torn his knee up in the playoffs. Seems like a long shot there. But Coyle was good special teamer and backup to Bobby Wagner in the middle.

Shead is a decent player, but with the knee he's going back to Seattle on the cheap.

49ers release a Center, Marcus Martin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...artin/related/

Jack Doyle contract details (Colts TE)

Total Value: $18,900,000 (avg. $6,300,000/year; $7,500,000 fully guaranteed)
    16th highest of 135 TE contracts
    3 year deal

Vernon Davis signs with Washington

Vernon Davis signed a three year, $15 million contract with the Redskins on March 7, 2017. Davis received $7.5 million guaranteed including a $4 million signing bonus. There are $250,000 in per game roster bonuses in 2018 and 2019.

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora 6m6 minutes ago
    Can confirm reports Kenny Stills staying w/Miami as expected. Reported this afternoon Fins put $8M-plus/yr on the table, made him priority

Garson getting $16 mil in first year, said to Doug Baldwin type contract overall.

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora 6m6 minutes ago
    Can confirm reports Kenny Stills staying w/Miami as expected. Reported this afternoon Fins put $8M-plus/yr on the table, made him priority

Garson getting $16 mil in first year, said to Doug Baldwin type contract overall.
    Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago
    Correction: Dolphins gave WR Kenny Stills a four-year, $32 million deal that includes $20 million guaranteed.

WEIRD, BECAUSE MINUTES BEFORE SCHEFTER TWEETED THIS:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter
    Dolphins gave WR Kenny Stills a 4-year, $32 million deal that includes $8 million guaranteed, per source.

SO RED, WATCH THIS ONE FOR A FUNNY MONEY REPORT

Some more details on how Scot McCloughan is losing the power struggle to Bruce Allen in Washington. SM and Danny are negotiating an end to his tenure.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.3d96983accbb

EVEN DALE JR. THINKS THIS IS DUMB

Dale Earnhardt Jr.‏ @DaleJr
    For my fellow @Redskins fans: Im frustrated with the rumored possibility of losing GM McCloughan. What's your take?

Mike‏ @JerzeyHitman26 Mar 7
    @DaleJr @Redskins Bruce Allen Record as GM wit Team 28-52 / Scot McCloughan 17-14-1 progress under Scot and they want him gone.

Jags expected to sign Calais Campbell. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...alais-campbell

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Jags expected to sign Calais Campbell. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...alais-campbell
    $14 mil per

charles mcdonald‏ @FourVerts 18m18 minutes ago
    bengals are letting whitworth and zeitler walk.

More O lineman have hit the market in last couple of days, a few on releases, some not re-signing with original team. Wonder if this affects Lang. Zeitler is a guard I believe.