Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Demovsky - Shields Done in Green Bay

How much do we save by cutting the other two scapegoats Burnett and Hyde?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

hyde is a free agent and we would save 5.35 million by cutting burnett, something i think i said we should have done 2 or 3 years ago. he only ever looked good next to nick collins

Blog Entries
    Are you guys Nutso ? At times Burnett has been a better ILB than guys we've started. Dude has talent and is versatile and has a brain. Gotta keep him
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

or we can just continue to try and find a real ILB through the draft instead of sign one or keep an undersized one

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Are you guys Nutso ? At times Burnett has been a better ILB than guys we've started. Dude has talent and is versatile and has a brain. Gotta keep him
    Agreed. Defense deteriorated when he went out Sunday. He's one of the best players on this defense.

Blog Entries
    Red, Burnett is a class act Sty. Capers deployed him perfectly, some of his duties included him being playing ILB or cover 3 Lurk. That was a great call by DC the DC. With Earl Thomas out, Dix and Burnett are one of the top 3 S tandems in the NFL. We need to keep him, wouldn't take that much money to put together an effective package to retain his services.

Blog Entries
    There are teams in a total state of flux with Franchise movement and new regimes coming in. San Diego is all fucked up, Jacksonville is all turned out. Even Denver is a stew right now good. This is a premier year up good to pick up an effective player who has been squeezed, a guy who could help our ball club. The odds are pretty good that we can scoop up a guy like CWood, Pep, or Cook. The goofy organization's will make mistakes and we'll be in positions to gather some solid players that can give us a boost.

I don't see much difference between the play of Burnett and Ha-Ha. I think they are pretty equal. Ha-Ha is a big name player and got into the Pro Bowl on name recognition. He's good, but he still has holes in his game.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't see much difference between the play of Burnett and Ha-Ha. I think they are pretty equal. Ha-Ha is a big name player and got into the Pro Bowl on name recognition. He's good, but he still has holes in his game.
    Mostly true. I feel like haha hits a little harder. Very similar players though. Neither is a true stud like Nick Collins or Earl Thomas who can cover the backend all by himself. Both together adds up to a real strength for us though.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    How much do we save by cutting the other two scapegoats Burnett and Hyde?
    I can't believe you are stating this pb, Burnett is incredibly important to our defence, and hyde has flexibility. I could only support a move on hyde if we could some how get our cb's situatuion solved, but with shields done, it won't be this year I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    I can't believe you are stating this pb, Burnett is incredibly important to our defence, and hyde has flexibility. I could only support a move on hyde if we could some how get our cb's situatuion solved, but with shields done, it won't be this year I think.
    He was being sarcastic or "trolling" in the modern vernacular. Everyone knows how important Hyde was in this game, and by omission, we know how important Burnett was too.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

I wanted red to start ranting about two of his favorite scapegoats.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

i have never been a fan of burnett, i always remember him being about 2 or 3 steps too slow on help all the time

hyde, i don't mind so much

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i have never been a fan of burnett, i always remember him being about 2 or 3 steps too slow on help all the time

I've never been a burnett fan either, mainly cuz I think he hits like a pussy and early on I thought he made mental mistakes. That being said he is an adequate tackler and to be honest without an overhead view and knowing the coverage calls I couldn't say for sure if he is out of position. The way MM loves his smart guys and loves burnett, I have to believe he isn't out of position very often.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

whoops, i missed the meaning. mea culpa

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post

That is fair, red for Burnett. Skin for Hyde, and he has covered that elsewhere already

whoops, i missed the meaning. mea culpa
    Just stirring the pot I am !

and not helping at all

Shields's career, in some ways, reminds me of Jermichael Finley's - some moments of brilliance, but injuries and then an injury causing a sudden end.

Sam, we hardly knew ye. But that may be because we were smoking ye's pot and can't remember shit.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Nab Zach Cunningham in the 1st of he is there when they pick unless Sydney Jones is available.

I'm sorry to hear this but it's not unexpected. I'm mostly sorry cause I don't want the guy to suffer too much in the future.

But what a career. Iirc, he was a UDFA or drafted very low, was a WR in college and was turned into a CB. He got a Super Bowl Ring and played in a ton of meaningful games.

And what a testament to the Packs scouting, coaching and front office.

Sorry to see him go and I hope he's ok.