Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Demovsky - Shields Done in Green Bay

we don't need to be cutting ANYONE (except janis lol) without having someone better already in the fold. you don't cut burnett and hyde is just getting better every year. besides we're not remotely close to having to cut someone for monetary reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Shields's career, in some ways, reminds me of Jermichael Finley's - some moments of brilliance, but injuries and then an injury causing a sudden end.

Sam, we hardly knew ye. But that may be because we were smoking ye's pot and can't remember shit.
    i think sam had a much better run than fin.

Sam had a better run than Fin. Too bad about the concussions, but I'm not surprised. Hell of a player.
    Burnett is a keeper.
    Hyde is ok...he's not a starter, but he's a swiss army knife type player.
    Randall will get better. He's had multiple injuries this year and it's affected both his confidence and performance. I certainly wouldn't write him off as bust...h's made a few good plays this year: the stop vs. JAX and the pick against SEA come to mind. I don't think he's a #1 shutdown CB, but he's worth keeping.

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    I don't see much difference between the play of Burnett and Ha-Ha. I think they are pretty equal. Ha-Ha is a big name player and got into the Pro Bowl on name recognition. He's good, but he still has holes in his game.
    The defense needs both guys out there. We saw how Dallas started to have success once Burnett left the game.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I've never been a burnett fan either, mainly cuz I think he hits like a pussy and early on I thought he made mental mistakes. That being said he is an adequate tackler and to be honest without an overhead view and knowing the coverage calls I couldn't say for sure if he is out of position. The way MM loves his smart guys and loves burnett, I have to believe he isn't out of position very often.
    Some very savvy Pack fans are posting some things that amaze re: Dix and Burnett. Bobble says Burnett "hits like a pussy" We'd have to get a 12 pack and argue over some all 22 film bc I disagree with you all down the line. Does MB get beat from time to time? Shit yeah, so does Earl Thomas. Burnett takes the back line call (Cover 2, Cover 3, or a rotation) gets the boys lined up and then gets himself in his pre-snap tech. he does a great job of it and does all he can to be the deepest of the deep and be in position. "Hits like a pussy"? Bullshit, he makes a studied effort to be in position to deliver a blow. He usually does that, a form tackle, low hard and clean, not the ESPN highlight licks in the helmet to get on sports center. Ouotes from the lunatic fringies are just fine. Nobody pays any attention to those goofs anyhow

These two boys are good solid hands that get their mates lined up and aggressively make plays. Their pass cover is done well. I'd like to have an Ed Reed (best I've ever seen) back there, too. Shit Nick Collins was on his way to that level of greatness when he went down with a freaky career-ender. Those cats are once in a career type guys. We've got these two guys solid hands back there and need to stay together for a few years. I like 'em and we need to keep them together, working in concert settling shit down in the back 7.

Red? Wait til he gets full of war juice and gets on a rant. He's usually pretty vulnerable then.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    i have never been a fan of burnett, i always remember him being about 2 or 3 steps too slow on help all the time

hyde, i don't mind so much
    He hits like Sharper on TO in the playoffs. He does seem to come up with a pick in big situations though. You could do a lot worse than Burnet

Burnett's not flashy, but he's a professional. Of course teams are always looking to upgrade when possible - it's the nature of the NFL - but I have to think Green Bay is seriously looking at extending Burnett for another few years. I'm not sure why we're even arguing over this. Wouldn't it seem obvious that Green Bay has lots of issues to address without adding finding a new safety to that list? I like Brice very much, but that kid needs more seasoning.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack