Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Eliot Wolf staying in Green Bay

Eliot Wolf staying in Green Bay

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Bretsky is super hot and bothered now....hot tub lesbian fantasy bothered.
    C.H.U.D.

So this should pretty much be it for old teddy then???? PLEASE TT step down and let the youngster take over.

I said in another thread that it would be funny if, after all our lathering about losing Wolf, if it was Gutekunst who got the job anyway.

And that may be what happens.

Does this speak to the 49ers' ineptitude or Wolf's lack of readiness?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I said in another thread that it would be funny if, after all our lathering about losing Wolf, if it was Gutekunst who got the job anyway.

And that may be what happens.

Does this speak to the 49ers' ineptitude or Wolf's lack of readiness?
    Or neither? I read a quote from an exec who said Gutekunst nailed the interview and that he's Scot McCloughlin without the drinking problem. That said, I do think there had to be something there with Wolf just not wanting to go into that situation.
    Sooooo... we keep hemorrhaging front office talent and not bringing anyone in.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Or neither? I read a quote from an exec who said Gutekunst nailed the interview and that he's Scot McCloughlin without the drinking problem. That said, I do think there had to be something there with Wolf just not wanting to go into that situation.
    I'm not sold that Wolf is boy wonder. He might not have gotten the job because he wasn't the best candidate, not because he chose to not pursue it.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    hot tub lesbian fantasy
    I'll drink to that!
    When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    I'm not sold that Wolf is boy wonder. He might not have gotten the job because he wasn't the best candidate, not because he chose to not pursue it.
    The timing of it all strongly suggests that's the case, although that says nothing about the boy wonder's prospects as a future GM...

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    Well we keep getting people "stolen" from our front office and we keep replacing them. And the people we replace them with get "stolen" also. So we must have an incredible amount of talent in our front office and the ability to retrain our new hires. To me that suggests a well run machine by TT.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

They like Highsmith a lot and he is connected back to Wolf, who hired him. Alonzo gets a thumbs up from me for finding Sam Shields and having the best Packers Twitter account (which has suffered as he climbed the org ladder).

Eliot is getting another job title and promotion (and more money) and Bobbo mentioned another guy they like* stepping up to replace Gutenkunst.

There is also a rumor that former Packer scout Trent Baalke is coming back. He's from Rosendale, the greatest speed trap in Wisconsin.

*Jon-Eric Sullivan, their director of college scouting, http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...-job/96779258/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Well we keep getting people "stolen" from our front office and we keep replacing them. And the people we replace them with get "stolen" also. So we must have an incredible amount of talent in our front office and the ability to retrain our new hires. To me that suggests a well run machine by TT.
    Who have we added lately? Not saying we haven't, I just haven't heard of anything really.
    Just assumed we started with: TT, Dorsey, Schneider, McKenzie, Wolf, Highsmith, etc and now we have a few of them left.

Honestly, my preference would be to get Dorsey back just because he's actually built a solid roster already.

I think young Wolf knows something about Ted's health. Or perhaps he's taking some proactive steps in that area.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I think young Wolf knows something about Ted's health. Or perhaps he's taking some proactive steps in that area.
    lol. He'll get away with it too. Ted already talks like he has to eat soup through a straw.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    This year we have:
    Russ Ball, Rob Davis, Eliot Wolf, Brian Gutenkunst, and Alonzo Highsmith

In 2012:
    Russ Ball, John Dorsey, Brian Gutenkunst, Eliot Wolf, Tim Terry and Alonzo Highsmith

We have had Schneider, Dorsey and McKenzie taken from our front office to run other teams and yet more teams are looking at our front office personnel. That is a pretty strong statement to me about how the front office is run.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    This year we have:

In 2012:
    Russ Ball, John Dorsey, Brian Gutenkunst, Eliot Wolf, Tim Terry and Alonzo Highsmith

We have had Schneider, Dorsey and McKenzie taken from our front office to run other teams and yet more teams are looking at our front office personnel. That is a pretty strong statement to me about how the front office is run.
    +1. I think Eliot's been bred to be a GM someday, but he's not the only fish in the lake by any stretch. I'm with PB in being bullish on Highsmith in-house. He and Ball could make a strong tandem if it came to that.

Walk towards the light, Teddy.

Blog Entries
    Hang on Ted. Nobody does it better!

Nobody does it better
    Makes me feel sad for the rest
    Nobody does it half as good as you
    Baby, you're the best

And nobody does it better
    Though sometimes I wish someone could
    Nobody does it quite the way you do
    Why'd you have to be so good?

There's some kind of magic inside you
    That keeps me from runnin'
    But just keep it comin'
    How'd you learn to do the things you do?
    Last edited by vince; 01-20-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Hang on Ted. Nobody does it better!
    Bring lunch with you from home! Have Woodman's deliver the groceries, don't have Eliot pick them up!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    This year we have:

In 2012:

TT's draft and develop philosophy works everywhere!
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Walk towards the light, Teddy.
    Ok...this made me laugh a bit.
    C.H.U.D.