Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Conference @ Atlanta

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I am OK with Burnett. But need better coverage and pass rush. Also could still use ILB upgrade. Though when healthy, I think the 3 they have could get them by.
    I like Burnett. Our ILB's as they kind of suck; if getting by is what we're looking for we "might" be alright but it would be grand to have one we can say is above average.
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I'M THE BEST.....

Ummm, at this point, nooooooooo.......
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

That seemed like a 90 minute game.

I understand that some Packer fans ran out of barf bags.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike View Post
    I'M THE BEST.....

Ummm, at this point, nooooooooo.......
    and .... highly over paid !
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Thanks for the reminder.
    We have procedures in place we must follow here at Banjo Inc.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I'm not surprised Atlanta ran wild. With our slow defense and corners who are young kids who should be on the practice squad our only hope was Rodgers playing lights out. We had to match them score for score and hope we had the lead when time ran out. I'd wager our offense finally ran out of gas. It is hard to win 4/5 games in a row, let alone 10. Rip's fumble took whatever fight we had left out for good. It didn't help having players dropping like flies once again. Why in the hell do we have a MASH unit every damn season?

Something has to be done with this defense and we need a running game to take some of the heat off Rodgers. McCoach even admitted recently we are spoiled with AR. He wouldn't say we lean on him too much but we do. He is the best QB I've ever seen but even Superman can't do it alone.

I've said it before (a while ago) and I'll say it again. This team misses Nick Collins so much. The defense hasn't been close to what it was with him in the secondary.

What could have been.....

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I've said it before (a while ago) and I'll say it again. This team misses Nick Collins so much. The defense hasn't been close to what it was with him in the secondary.

What could have been.....
    That's not the difference. The Packers safety play is good enough. The difference is when Nick was playing the Packers had Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams and Sam Shields at CB.

When was the banjo smashing moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I'm not surprised Atlanta ran wild. With our slow defense and corners who are young kids who should be on the practice squad our only hope was Rodgers playing lights out. We had to match them score for score and hope we had the lead when time ran out. I'd wager our offense finally ran out of gas. It is hard to win 4/5 games in a row, let alone 10. Rip's fumble took whatever fight we had left out for good. It didn't help having players dropping like flies once again. Why in the hell do we have a MASH unit every damn season?

Something has to be done with this defense and we need a running game to take some of the heat off Rodgers. McCoach even admitted recently we are spoiled with AR. He wouldn't say we lean on him too much but we do. He is the best QB I've ever seen but even Superman can't do it alone.
    It wouldn't matter who they have at RB, stubby refuses to run the ball.

That's not the difference. The Packers safety play is good enough. The difference is when Nick was playing the Packers had Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams and Sam Shields at CB.
    And Matthews was actually making plays.
    It's such a GOOD feeling...13 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!!

I am OK with Burnett. But need better coverage and pass rush. Also could still use ILB upgrade. Though when healthy, I think the 3 they have could get them by.
    Either every DB on the field is wrong about looking for burnett to help or he is late to help way to often. Not sure which it is.

Also, Vince, I would not let go of Guion. He is solid for what we pay and ask of him. I would like to see the Peppers/shields money go to paying a good shutdown corner if one is available. Then every other guy can take a step down the rung and be more effective.
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

And a pass rush.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    Either every DB on the field is wrong about looking for burnett to help or he is late to help way to often. Not sure which it is.

Also, Vince, I would not let go of Guion. He is solid for what we pay and ask of him. I would like to see the Peppers/shields money go to paying a good shutdown corner if one is available. Then every other guy can take a step down the rung and be more effective.
    Yeah I don't disagree with Guion. And now that I look it up he's under contract for the next two years though he would cost less than $1 mil in dead cap to cut. I assumed he was playing under a 1-year deal and just speculating that Clark and Lowrey can step up so they can save some cap for the shutdown corner they desperately need. Cutting him would save $3 mil and they need that big body inside after letting Pennel go. I probably jumped the gun on him.

If they can come up with a defensive scheme that keeps Burnett in the box and/or singled up on the big pass-catching TE's, he's excellent there. I'm with you as well in saying he's not great as a 2-deep safety.

I'd like to see his $7 mil and Clay's $15.2 mil re-worked along with Shields' $9 mil ($12.125 cap less $3.125 dead money) taken off the books. Peppers' $10.5 comes off.

They'll need to find some more money, as they have over $13 mil in built-in increases for Cobb, Nelson, Bulaga, Daniels and Bakh. Those are likely to eat up the cap increase by themselves.

Lang's $6.2 comes off but Cook probably eats most of that right up.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay...rs/yearly/cap/
    Last edited by vince; 01-23-2017 at 08:21 AM.

lang was crying on the sideline because he thinks he might have played his last game as a packer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-packers/

what ever happened to TT letting sitton go so he could focus on signing all the other guys? has he done anything yet?

oh, and lang re broke a bone in his foot, he didn

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    lang was crying on the sideline because he thinks he might have played his last game as a packer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-with-packers/

what ever happened to TT letting sitton go so he could focus on signing all the other guys? has he done anything yet?

oh, and lang re broke a bone in his foot, he didn
    He signed Bakh to a long-term deal shortly after...

Green Bay Packers ‏@packers 9m9 minutes ago

Rodgers: I'm so proud of Jordy (Nelson). It's incredible that he was out there. #GBvsATL

Rodgers: We played a hot team. You've got to give them credit. Matt (Ryan) is playing incredible right now. #GBvsATL

Rodgers: Really proud of these guys. We battled. Had our backs against the wall for 8 weeks straight. Just came up a little short. #GBvsATL

EDIT to add:

Jason Wilde ‏@jasonjwilde 2m2 minutes ago
    Rodgers on window closing: "I still feel pretty young, I think I have a number of years left in me (where) I can play at a high level."
    If he can play as long as Manning, Favre and Brady he still has 5/6 years left.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    I like Burnett. Our ILB's as they kind of suck; if getting by is what we're looking for we "might" be alright but it would be grand to have one we can say is above average.
    Ryan and Martinez are kinda young. They are pretty good at stuffing the run. We can win with them. We need help with edge rushers and at corner.

Quote Originally Posted by King Friday View Post
    And Matthews was actually making plays.
    And Clay hasn't been healthy in weeks. I heard he is going to need surgery this offseason.

I was kinda pissed that M3 decided to kickoff to start the game this time around. I thought the Packers could have come out and scored early and set the tone.
    C.H.U.D.