Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Defensive needs, in order.....

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    And like I said, in WEEK 2 he had a terrible game where he showed all the shitty hallmarks that he displayed after the injury
    and someone that agrees with me about randall being horrible before the injury

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...hews/97447592/

The same can not be said of Randall. He played poorly from the first game on, got injured, came back, and then played even worse.

How good would any of these guys look in Green and Gold?? Bernardrick McKinney (2nd rd), or Lorenzo Mauldin (3rd rd), or Ronald Darby (2nd rd), or Deion Jones (2nd rd), or Telvin Smith (5th rd), etc, etc...

All of these were players that many of us identified as good players to target - and all were available when Ted had the chance to grab them; and, all of them have proven to be better players than those that Ted picked. Instead Ted spits on these players and we end up with a defensive roster of slugs that languishes near the bottom of the league in perpetuity.

Ted, Dom, and the Packers as an organization care next to nothing about the ILB position - they've outright stated as much. Their attraction to "soft" DB's who can't tackle and generally suck at playing zone is endemic. As for the DL - who can say what they're ever trying to accomplish... there's no identity, and the primary prereq for all DL positions is that the player be as pedestrian as possible.

Add to that Dunderdummy's insistence on playing a 2-4 base, and you have a recipe for disaster - and yes Max, 2-4 is our base defense.

For you apologists and eternal optimists - nothing is going to change. We have over a decade of this regime doing the same thing over and over and over... Dom will run that idiotic 2-4 for the rest of his life - all of which will be spent as the Packers DC; and Ted will never, ever bring in impact FA's or adequately address the ILB position.

It is what it is.

We will be 9-7 to 11-5 again next year, and promptly be bounced from the playoffs again as another offense stomps our weak-ass defense into the ground.
    wist

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
    How good would any of these guys look in Green and Gold?? Bernardrick McKinney (2nd rd), or Lorenzo Mauldin (3rd rd), or Ronald Darby (2nd rd), or Deion Jones (2nd rd), or Telvin Smith (5th rd), etc, etc...

All of these were players that many of us identified as good players to target - and all were available when Ted had the chance to grab them; and, all of them have proven to be better players than those that Ted picked. Instead Ted spits on these players and we end up with a defensive roster of slugs that languishes near the bottom of the league in perpetuity.

Ted, Dom, and the Packers as an organization care next to nothing about the ILB position - they've outright stated as much. Their attraction to "soft" DB's who can't tackle and generally suck at playing zone is endemic. As for the DL - who can say what they're ever trying to accomplish... there's no identity, and the primary prereq for all DL positions is that the player be as pedestrian as possible.

Add to that Dunderdummy's insistence on playing a 2-4 base, and you have a recipe for disaster - and yes Max, 2-4 is our base defense.

For you apologists and eternal optimists - nothing is going to change. We have over a decade of this regime doing the same thing over and over and over... Dom will run that idiotic 2-4 for the rest of his life - all of which will be spent as the Packers DC; and Ted will never, ever bring in impact FA's or adequately address the ILB position.

It is what it is.

We will be 9-7 to 11-5 again next year, and promptly be bounced from the playoffs again as another offense stomps our weak-ass defense into the ground.

WELCOME BACK WIST !!! Yes, your comments about the above names ring fairly true
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    WELCOME BACK WIST !!! Yes, your comments about the above names ring fairly true
    Haven't abandoned you guys... just so busy I can't find a moment to catch my breath.

I changed jobs, and now travel a lot - combined with 3 young kids... I pretty much have no life outside of family/work. It's all good though... kids and wife are awesome, we're a happy clan.

I lurk on here when I can, and try to post once in a while - but usually find myself falling asleep as I'm trying to form a thought to get my 2 cents worth in, lol...

I'm trying to get up to speed a little bit for the draft... so hopefully I can chime in a bit on prospects and what I'd like to see Ted do - not holding my breath though. If I had my way, most of those guys I listed in the above post would be Green Bay Packers today.
    wist