Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    That list is missing Stephon Gilmore who in my opinion is right there with Bouye but has superior natural ability and is more physical.

Both are strong press-man corners, Gilmore is 26 and Bouye 25 so both figure to be right in the wheelhouse of their prime years. Gilmore posted a strong 4.40 40 at the combine vs. Bouye's 4.55 pro-day and Gilmore had a stellar 6.6 3-cone vs. Bouye's 7.06.

Thanks for that write-up Nutz. Good stuff. I think you're underrating Cobb, Cook, and just about the entire o-line, and overrating the young corners and safeties to some extent, but again thanks for that really thorough assessment. There's a lot to comment on there.
    The top 2 guys are going to cost 10-12M/yr. That's a lot of $$. I'd be happy with 2 guys who are 6m/yr and won't mess up their coverage.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    The top 2 guys are going to cost 10-12M/yr. That's a lot of $$. I'd be happy with 2 guys who are 6m/yr and won't mess up their coverage.
    I'd be for swapping out Shields' salary for one of those guys. It's a huge need. Then hit on a corner early in the draft and the position could be a big strength.

With the depth of the draft at the position and the depth of promising but thoroughly unproven guys already in place, I don't see a spot for a mid-tier FA. And when you look at the list of available corners, I'm not seeing many who fit that bill that aren't already on the downside, though I freely admit I'm no expert on them.

EDIT: Prince Amukamara maybe. A lot of these guys hitting the market lack top-end speed and/or agility, which I'd be concerned about. Perhaps the depth in the draft will push some of the free agent demand down a bit.
    Last edited by vince; 01-24-2017 at 08:38 AM.

Also his name is Geronimo Allison, not Allen, you twat.
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinBasket View Post
    Also his name is Geronimo Allison, not Allen, you twat.
    Next time I should send it to you for editing, my mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'd be for swapping out Shields' salary for one of those guys. It's a huge need. Then hit on a corner early in the draft and the position could be a big strength.

With the depth of the draft at the position and the depth of promising but thoroughly unproven guys already in place, I don't see a spot for a mid-tier FA. And when you look at the list of available corners, I'm not seeing many who fit that bill that aren't already on the downside, though I freely admit I'm no expert on them.

EDIT: Prince Amukamara maybe. A lot of these guys hitting the market lack top-end speed and/or agility, which I'd be concerned about. Perhaps the depth in the draft will push some of the free agent demand down a bit.
    Absolutely we should go after one of these proven cover corners. High draft picks at that position - especially for the Packers but a lot of other teams also - don't seem to correlate with getting star quality players.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?