Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    CutlerquitRat HOFer
    TT needs to sign an ILB that can start in the NFL, don't care if he is a backup but a guy that can play downs when our guys get nicked up. There needs to be a minimum of 2 CBs signed, no kidding we need to sign a legit #1 CB there is not one on the roster right now, I would be hard pressed to find a #2 CB but maybe we can salvage one if we have a top flight corner signed or drafted and by drafted trade up for an elite prospect. RB needs to be addressed either in the 2nd round or in FA. Not a huge fan of a UFA RB they seems to break more than contribute.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    TT needs to sign an ILB that can start in the NFL, don't care if he is a backup but a guy that can play downs when our guys get nicked up. There needs to be a minimum of 2 CBs signed, no kidding we need to sign a legit #1 CB there is not one on the roster right now, I would be hard pressed to find a #2 CB but maybe we can salvage one if we have a top flight corner signed or drafted and by drafted trade up for an elite prospect. RB needs to be addressed either in the 2nd round or in FA. Not a huge fan of a UFA RB they seems to break more than contribute.
    Unfortunately, as Red has posted, this is a poor year for free agent CBs. Getting a #1 will be a lot harder than the last time we had this problem and picked up Charles Woodson. The draft rarely gives #1 CBs in their rookie year due to the long development time. I hope one of the CBs on the present roster makes gigantic (Adams like) strides in the offseason.

Trading up for a CB who has can't miss potential would probably cost us a #2 and a #3 or more from our 29th position in the draft. Not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Trading up for a CB who has can't miss potential would probably cost us a #2 and a #3 or more from our 29th position in the draft. Not going to happen.
    maybe more, those big time fresh out of college stud CBs usually go in the top 10

and we could always keep our fingers crossed for a cap casualty