Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Free agent wish list

Lawrence Timmons ILB from Pittsburgh
    He is 30 years old but I imagine he has 2/3 good years left

Calias Campell DE from Arizona
    30 years old could be an upgrade in the pass rush

Glenn Dorsey DT from San Fran
    31 years old, could offer another body in run defense, and he will be relatively cheap

Trumain Johnson CB from the Rams
    27 years old, big cornerback that will cost between 10 and 13 million a season

Stephon Gilmore from Buffalo
    26 years old ball hawking cornerback. He is over 6 feet tall and he will not be hit with the franchise tag. He will cost about the same as Johnson

Jermaine Gresham TE from Arizona

Martellus Bennett TE from the Pats
    Good blocker and receiver, he would be an upgrade over Rodgers, and even a better option than Cooks.

Chris Baker DE from Washington
    6-2 320 pounds 29 years old, would beef up the middle of the packers defense. He has the size and ability to play either position on the defensive line. He would be a mid to high priced free agent some where between 5 to 8 million a year.

Jabaal Sheard DE from Pats
    Smaller frame at only 265 pounds, played about half the snaps on defense for the Patriots. He is probably going to command 8 million on the free agent market which might be more than what the Packers are looking to pay for part time player.

The more I look at the available free agents the Packers need to keep Nick Perry, and if the price is right 1-3 million resign Julius Peppers. I still say the Packers are better off cutting or restructuring Clay Matthews and spending his money else where, but he still has that burst off the line that everyone was so enamored with Atlanta's defense.
    Last edited by Deputy Nutz; 02-07-2017 at 11:45 AM.