Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    I don't really think the Packers have a choice in 2017 with Clay's contract, but realize it is a situation where you are going on tilt with hoping that he will get healthy and return to double digit sack numbers.

If Thompson actually goes after free agents to repair this defense then I would say the cutting Matthews is a worth it, but if he is just doing it as a cost measure and continues plug holes only through the draft then the Packers should keep paying Matthews.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    I don't really think the Packers have a choice in 2017 with Clay's contract, but realize it is a situation where you are going on tilt with hoping that he will get healthy and return to double digit sack numbers.

If Thompson actually goes after free agents to repair this defense then I would say the cutting Matthews is a worth it, but if he is just doing it as a cost measure and continues plug holes only through the draft then the Packers should keep paying Matthews.
    That's really a judgement about the quality of the FA you could get vs the likelyhood Matthews makes an elite contribution. With dead cap you stand to gain 11M or so by cutting him? If its worth cutting him its not by much. If he were already a FA he'd be the type of guy I'd want, a guy you're buying low on.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.