Tight End
Jared Cook **: Once Cook recovered from an ankle injury he demonstrated his ability to stretch the field as a tight end. The Packers went back in the playbook and used him out wide several times a game to take advantage of the mismatches his size and speed created. He averaged his career stats in Green Bay, so he didn't get any better or worse during his time in GB. He is a free agent in 2017 and although he was able to demonstrate his skill set late in the season it will be difficult decision to sign him to a long term deal or to let him walk. There will be interest around the league for him. It might be easier to sign him than to look in the draft for a player of his caliber.
Position on the 2017 roster: 50/50

Richard Rodgers **: Rodgers isn't anything special. He doesn't do anything better than average. He caught 30 balls this season for 2 touchdowns. The tight end position accounted for 3 touchdowns total. More production in the red zone is necessary for the tight end position. Rodgers did his best by losing some weight but it really didn't translate to the field. The Packers could keep him to keep the position solid or they could cut him, especially if Cook resigns.
Position on the 2017 roster: Solid

Linemen
David Bakhtiari ***: Bakhtiari is talented pass blocker and when healthy he has really good feet and slide into position really nice against aggressive pass rushers. He could improve in the area of run blocking but the Packers are not paying him 12 million per year to run block.
Position on the 2017 roster: Concrete

Lane Taylor **: I think his play was adequate throughout the year. It was a good move to insert him into the starting lineup and save money on the cap. He isn't going to be the best guard to ever play the game but he will continue to improve in 2017. He is a bit sluggish at times and struggles to get to the second level in the run game. He needs to improve on blitz pickup and communication in the passing game, otherwise he has a good set and keeps the pocket relatively clean.

Corey Linsley **: I prefer the Packers offense when JC Tretter is the starter at center. Tretter is more athletic and it shows in the run game. Linsley is more a muscle head than an athlete and although Tretter is better, Linsley is solid. Like Taylor he could improve on blitz recognition, especially late in the season.

JC Tretter **: Tretter was separating himself from Linsley in the beginning of the season until he injured his knee and was lost for the season. Tretter can move and has really good feet in the zone read running scheme the Packers rely on. Hopefully he comes back healthy and can compete for the Center position.

TJ Lange **: I thought his play dipped this season. He is constantly dealing with lower leg injuries and unfortunately it is bringing down his level of play. He is a total pro playing injured and has that old school mentality. He shows strong leadership on the field and in the locker room. He re-injured his foot against Atlanta and will have to rehab. This might cut into his interest in the free agent market. Sitton got 10 million guaranteed to play with the Bears. They were desperate but it sets the bar for Lang.

Don Barclay **: Barclay found a home as the backup at both guard positions and center. He is better in the interior than at tackle. He is not an ideal fit as a long term starter but he can manage for a game or two.

Jason Spriggs **: Like most young offensive linemen the Packers ask them to play or know almost all of the position along the offensive line. Spriggs is a prototypical tackle in the NFL
but the Packers had him play guard as well. At times he struggled with the speed in the pro game and struggled to transition from college to the NFL. He does show some promise and has some athletic ability that will eventually allow him to compete for the right tackle position. I don't think it will be in 2017, but the Packers could make Bulaga a salary cap sacrifice.
Position on the 2017 roster: Concrete

Kyle Murphy *: Not sure but I don't think the Packers added him to the active roster against Atlanta because Letroy Guion had to play offensive line at the end of the game. I am sure if he was available he would have played instead. I liked him as a late pick coming out of Stanford, he has some size and a little bit of athleticism but right now he is nothing special. He struggled at times in the preseason taking on edge rushers. He might need some time to develop. Whether the Packers provide him the time is another matter.

Bryan Bulaga ***: Bulaga turned in another solid season. One that saw him stay basically injury free. As long as he can stay on the field Bulaga can be considered one of the better right tackles in the league. He will be pushed by Spriggs in 2017 and if the Packers feel that Spriggs has made up enough ground on Bulaga the Packers could part ways with him and start the younger player and save roughly 6 million in cap space.

Defense

Outside Linebacker
Clay Matthews *: I get that he was injured. When hasn't he been injured? Matthews is simply a one trick pony, his pass rush can be effective against the lesser tackles in the league against average tackles he can be blocked one on one and usually nullified. He is a below average tackler, and misses far too many. He played in 12 games this season and had a total of 24 tackles and 5 sacks. With his 13.2 million dollar salary the Packers could look to spend that money some where else because they are losing money on Clay Matthews. If the Packers keep Matthews on this 2017 roster you can expect another similar season from Matthews, he is already past his prime and is turning into a liability on defense.

Nick Perry ***: Perry stepped up in a contract year and he will be payed because of it. He had a much better pass rush this year than in years past. He didn't seem as tentative and cut the edge very well. He is much better against the run than Matthews, even with one hand. I would think the Packers will pay him, but he could walk.

Julius Peppers **: Julius Peppers is a total pro. He played more plays than what he was expecting this year and it doesn't take a Ron Wolf to notice that Peppers has lost more than a step. Peppers was still capable of a game changing play every so often, and he was sturdy against the run, but his time in Green Bay should be officially over. I can't see how the Packers could continue to pay him for his product on the field. Let him sign his one day deal with Carolina and let him retire to the Hall of Fame.
Position on the 2017 roster: Gone

Datone Jones *: Two stars might be a little high for him. He is tweener and it shows. He plays the run about average to little above average. In 15 games he recorded 1 sack. The production just isn't there for him. He is depth as a dime rusher, and as an outside linebacker on 1st down, but to rely on him for the 2017 as a key contributor is asking too much.

Jayrone Elliot *: I just haven't seen it with him. When he is healthy and can stay on the field he is a contributor to special teams and a reserve on defense. He was signed as a project, but it hasn't developed and there is no time table for the project to be complete. He makes the team in 2017 if the Packers cut others and keep him for depth.

Kyle Frackrell **: in limited time this season he was able to grab two sacks, and 9 tackles. I admit I wasn't a big fan coming out of the draft but he showed a little bit and might be ready to step into a larger role in 2017. He has to get stronger and continue to slow the game down by watching film and getting his reps in camp.

Inside Linebackers
Jake Ryan **: He is going to be ok in the middle. he has average athleticism but he is relatively smart and takes decent angles to the ball carrier. He needs to read play action better, but when the Packers struggle to stop the run he has to commit to the run first. Several times over the past few weeks he left the middle open on passing plays because of his reaction to the play action. Ryan needs to add more muscle. He isn't going to ever gain that quick twitch to make him a threat shooting gaps or blitzing so he should add weight and fill gaps in the run game.

Blake Martinez **: Unfortunately injuries took a toll and took the wind out of this young players rookie season. Much like Ryan he is going to struggle a bit because he is not overly big, quick, or fast. He is smart and he does have some instincts. The Packers will need for him to put on some bulk for the 2017 season. He was undersized even as a nickle linebacker.

Joe Thomas **: What you see is what you get. He can contribute when he isn't expected to play every down. He eventually wore down when Martinez and Ryan suffered injury. He is decent in coverage but is not extraordinary, if he shoots the gaps he can be effective in the run game but can also get taken out of the play. He does not have the size to take on blocks. Morgan Burnett was more of a factor in the run game than Thomas.