Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    They have tiers.....

ABC
    DEFGHI
    JKLMNO
    PQRS
    TUVWXYZ

if only one person is left from tier one. Let's say player C and that's an OT, then by Tt's bpa philosophy, you should take him even if you don't need him. But usually there are a few guys to choose from and that's why they usually get a guy that fits a need. This year is deep at edge, cb and RB. Those happen to be needs. I'm guessing we'll get one of those with each pick in the first 3 rounds.
    If it were me, I'd include players from our roster in the tiers. It seems to me the object should be drafting players that are better than the ones you already have, especially at key positions and positions of need. For instance, no matter which draft QB is in which tier, I doubt TT selects a QB this year.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    For instance, no matter which draft QB is in which tier, I doubt TT selects a QB this year.
    That's an interesting scenario because tt did that to Favre. In extreme situations I agree, and rarely would a situation arise where it comes to that, but tt says that's what he will do. He'll draft the QB if it's he one best player available in the first round.