Tough Loss yesterday, and for all of you that believe I hold hate in my heart for your beloved Packers I have let all of that go, so see it as perspective of someone with a level head this morning and take it for what it's worth, and as always lets discuss.

Overview: More than a few of the Packer faithful are quite upset this morning based on the morning drive into work listening to good old sports talk radio. The Packers set out to win a Super Bowl in the beginning of week 1 in the NFL, and that goal was not met, but considering this team was at 4-6 at week 11 in the season and left for dead by many, making it to the NFC Championship game was no small feat. The Packers have to find some way of staying healthy during the season and having their roster healthy at the end of the season. That might mean some huge personnel decisions in the next few months. The Packer really have to make some hard decisions on key players. I don't think a whole lot of coaches will be fired, Dom Capers might decide to hang up his whistle and that's not a good thing or a bad thing, it is what it is.

Player rankings are based off of the 2016 season. 1 - 5 stars

Offensive Roster

QBs
Aaron Rodgers *****: Rodgers demonstrated once again that he is one of the great QBs of the 21st century. Rodgers cannot be replaced as a QB. I don't know what more there is to say about him. He sort of struggled during the first half of the season and then had an amazing stretch of football through the eight game winning streak. I think I could nit pick Rodgers on holding the ball too long, but I am not going to do that.
Position on the 2017 roster: Concrete

Brett Hundley **: There isn't enough film on him, even the preseason when he was hurt for the majority of it. He is athletic and has a decent arm, but there are a lot of questions whether or not he could run an offense if Rodgers would be lost due to injury.
Position on the 2017 roster: Solid

RBs
Ty Montgomery ****: I am not sure you could ask a young player to do more in a season. He came into the season as an injury concern missing most of 2015 with a severe lower leg injury. He was the 4th receiver in camp and to start the season. He played a bit out of the backfield as package to put 5 receivers on the field. When Lacy and Starks both went down to injury Montgomery stepped into the role as an every down back and performed better than expected for the rest of the season. For the 2017 season I will be surprised if he is the every down back heading into camp. He offers a lot of flexibility but I would like to see him part of a combination package in the backfield. If the Packers head into the 2017 season with Montgomery and a bunch of street free agents in the backfield they will continue to struggle running the football.

Eddie Lacy *: :Lacy was off to his best season as a Packer. Much was made about his increase weight and in 2016 he seemed to manage it better and come into camp in better shape. A Healthy and in shape Eddie Lacy looked to carry the rushing load for the Packers especially in the first 3 games of the season. He injured in ankle in week 4 of the season and then came back against Dallas. The Ankle was tightly taped and even though Lacy was injured he broke several runs against Dallas in the first half before the ankle gave way and Lacy was lost for the entire season. The Packers need a healthy Eddie Lacy. Unfortunately Lacy comes with a lot of concerns especially going into free agency. I think his interest will be luke warm by some teams but running backs do not hold a ton of value in the NFL. The Packers could reinvest in Lacy, but that comes with a lot of hope and luck that he will be healthy and manage his waist line.
Position on the 2017 roster: 50/50

James Starks .5*: James Starks never got going in 2016. Starks is a favorite of McCarthy but his running style fell apart as he struggled through significant injuries. Coming into the season he was supposed to be the one two punch with Lacy and he never managed to solidify his position on the field due to injury.
Position on the 2017 roster: Gone

Christine Micheal *: This guy is a super talented athlete but a pretty mediocre football player. He lacks football intelligence and field awarness. He struggled to learn the offense and show patients carrying the football. He was a liability during passing downs and had to be told just about on every play where to line up. It was a good move at the time for Thompson to pick him up but he didn't make much of his opportunity in Green Bay.

Aaron Ripkowski **: Ripkowski had a solid season in 2016 replacing fan favorite and Packer legend John Kuhn. He fielded a very similar role to Kuhn as a fill in back on short yardage and a shield for Rodgers in the backfield on passing downs. He had a very forgettable NFC Championship game, but he has some skills and talent to hold onto his roster spot and playing time in 2017.

Joe Kerrige *: I guess I would have to look at the film from the 2016 season to see if he played any offensive snaps but whatever he did was not memorable. He held a roster spot for his contributions to the special teams. He did not compete with Ripkowski for playing time in the backfield.

Wide Receivers
Jordy Nelson *****: He was the NFL Comeback Player of the Year. He led the NFL in receiving touchdowns with 14. He did start off slow but as he built confidence in his rebuilt knee he started to show the burst to find the holes in the defense and work the sideline. He is Rodgers safety blanket and when he is playing full speed he has an incredible connection with Rodgers.

Devante Adams ****: Adams took a lot of the blame for the lack of production by the offense in 2015. Some even thought that he would be passed on the depth chart by the like of Jeff Janis. Adams showed up in a big way in 2016. He was second on the team in catches, yards, and touchdowns. He has sealed his spot on the depth chart as the second receiver in GB and will look to improve on his 2016 season.

Randall Cobb **: There was a significant lack of production from Randall Cobb this season. Considering that the Packers had Nelson back which allowed Cobb to work in the slot and attack the middle of the field his 10.1 yard per catch and 4 touchdowns were hardly the production the Packers were counting on for the 2016 season from Cobb. He did come up clutch against the Giants and Cowboys when Nelson was out with injury in the playoffs and Cobb did show is value, but he is due TEN MILLION in 2017 and that is a heft sum to pay a slot receiver with his 2016 production.
Position on the 2017 roster: [B]50/50/B]

Geronimo Allen **: He was quite the find by Thompson. As an undrafted rookie whose forty time was that of tree sap in January he was able to contribute to the Packers late in the season by grabbing 12 passes in the regular season. Allen has size and good hands and he should solidify the 4th receiver spot heading into camp. Allen is better than Janis and Trevor Davis but his late season contributions could just be the product of the offense and Aaron Rodgers. For the Packers to be completely sold on him might be a mistake and if a receiver is available in the draft it would be silly to pass him up based on the small glimpse they have seen on Allen.

Trevor Davis *: He played a bit against the Falcons in the regular season and in the playoffs. He simply wasn't ready yet to contribute in 2016 and kept his roster spot due to his 5th round selection in the 2016 draft. I would not say that his roster spot is guaranteed by any means in 2017.

Jeff Janis *: Janis broke a finger early in camp and missed some valuable reps in practice. He secured his spot on the roster because of his play on special teams. He provided next to nothing as a wide receiver, and will have to fight for a roster spot due to his inconsistencies in route running and securing the knowledge of the offense.