Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosier View Post
    Poor Tretter. I wish him well, but damn, he could not have picked a worse landing spot.
    hahahaha Yeah, he'll be crying all the way to the bank. Congrats to him for really grabbing a nice chunk of Browns money. Ditto that for former Badger Zeitler. And how about that Hyde? I was hoping the Packers would keep him, but sheeeesh, for that kind of money, kiss him good bye. If Lang can skin somebody for the same type of deal, more power to him also. I won't blame Ted for not matching it. And Lacy? Him in Seattle as the new Marshawn is a little bit scary, but honestly, I'd rather risk that and have the Packers go smaller/faster with Montgomery etc. than to pay Lacy what he will probably get elsewhere.

I really hope Ted gets us a top quality FA Corner or at least Conner Barwin for fairly cheap, but I'm afraid Nutz is right - he won't pick up anybody of substance.

At least sign Cook, Ted. He's the top priority of our own FAs in my book.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    At least sign Cook, Ted. He's the top priority of our own FAs in my book.
    Perry than Cook for me. Sign vet CB, high pick at CB and OLB (draft is deep in them) were the other priorities. Lang would be nice, but not at $10m/year. I'd also like to see Lacy back on a reasonable, one year deal.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Perry than Cook for me. Sign vet CB, high pick at CB and OLB (draft is deep in them) were the other priorities. Lang would be nice, but not at $10m/year. I'd also like to see Lacy back on a reasonable, one year deal.
    Apparently Cook talks have "broken off". Must be a big difference between how Cook sees his value and how the Packers do.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.