I agree with PB. Matthews is the only pass rusher under contract for next year unless you count Fackrell and Elliott. They will not ask him to renegotiate, nor should they. After attempting to re-sign our own to extensions, we will have less than 10 million to spend on free agency. This means we will actually have about 5 million to spend since we will keep at least 5 in reserve.

I don't believe we can get a #1 CB for that money. I believe we're looking at a veteran mid-tier that can provide some stability at the position. Not a perfect solution, but it is what it is.

On another note, I've been chuckling at the figures that are being posted for re-signing our own free agents. If anyone thinks Peppers or Lang are going to sign at 60% or less of what their present contract is worth, that isn't a hometown discount, that's delusional. In a year when the salary cap is increasing by a large amount, veterans are expecting to be paid. My expectation is that we will sign fewer of our own free agents at higher prices, still leaving around 10 million after putting aside draft class money.

The draft will still be the place that holes will have to be filled. The reality is that highly successful teams have veteran players that expect to be paid. Young players don't have that expectation. Therefore, holes have to be filled with young players...especially on a successful team.