Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
Before his shoulder he missed two games with a hamstring. He misses far too many tackles, and can't make plays in coverage. Even when healthy he struggles to show up in crunch time. Perfect example is the NFC Championship game against Seattle. How much are you willing to pay Matthews per sack? 2016 you payed him roughly 3 million per sack. When he played an entire season in the inside he still only managed 66 tackles. He is more hype than production. I agree he is coming back but if the Packers did cut him they would have plenty of money to sign a starting caliber defensive back and sign Nick Perry. .
That makes his pressure numbers look even better. Sack isn't the only evidence he is having an effect.

I agree, healthy, Perry is the better player on the LOS. But the history is not there are he stays less healthy than Matthews.

If you wanted to go production per dollar, you sign Jones and Peppers cheap and toss Perry and Matthews to some other team to spend money on their injured list.

I might endorse that move except for all the plays Matthews does not make, I see him much more than Jones, who somehow totaled more pressures. Which means that over 16 games, his number is very unimpressive.