Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Sitton.

Josh Sitton.

No way. It can't be.

This is very strange.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Blog Entries
    Strange indeed. Recently got married. Lost weight to be more available. He has to be physically breaking down.

I'm told it wasn't contract related, but until I hear something definitive everything is in play.
    by Tom Silverstein 2:00 PM

I was told that it was not injury related either.
    by Tom Silverstein 2:01 PM

PEDs?

It's not like the Packers have tons of talent at guard, even if they add one more thru trade.

Blog Entries
    I guess Taylor's going to make the squad then. That's one major downgrade.

No way to spin this other than a miserable development.

Blog Entries
    http://nfltraderumors.co/breaking-pa...on-cant-trade/
    Sitton’s agent, Jack Reale, tells Josina Anderson of his client’s impending release: “I’m very optimistic of his prospects for playing for a number of additional years. He’s coming off of maybe his best camp in the last four years. He’s lighter, and he is in better shape. He is coming off of a Pro Bowl season and he just turned 30. I think he’s got lots left. I think all the teams that he has been playing against for the last several years are certainly aware of that and certainly teams within their division. So we will see what happens.”

Silverstein suggests Barclay may be the starting guard.

Fuck me, fuck me hard.

I'm waiting for the announcement that Mike Daniels has rickets, is retiring. The day is young.

This makes sense only if they saw a significant drop off in his performance in camp. They haven't hesitated in the past to play guys through the ends of their contracts, even if they didn't have intentions to resign them. There was talk last year that he wasn't the same player he had been, and even ignoring the one game at tackle he had given up more pressures than since early in his career, and he gave up a couple sacks at guard for the first time in a couple years. Did they see a continued deterioration?

Odd, to say the least.

Blog Entries
    Josh Sitton @jsitton71
    @Uber is pretty awesome. Can't wait to use it in Seattle!

Blog Entries
    Here's what I know about Sitton: They made it clear to him that they were working on extensions for the young guys first. His deal was going to have to wait. Not sure if he expressed displeasure and they decided to part ways or what.
    by Tom Silverstein 2:58 PM

Assuming today is April 1st.

Linsley healthy, slide he or Tretter over?

How is it that they timed cut down day and the Badger opening at LAMBEAU!

Too much. I will panic about this later.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    Assuming today is April 1st.
    AND Sam Barrington?

AND you just gave your bitter enemy, the Seafuckers, the offensive-line starved team, your best guard?

This. Makes. No. Sense.

What. So. Fucking. Ever.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

WTF?

Blog Entries
    Don't fuck with Ted I guess. They didn't have to cut him now though.

I've been told by multiple sources that the Sitton release was contract related, that he was not happy with the Packers waiting on extending his contract while pursuing deals with other players. There must have been some kind of standoff. Sitton is in the final year of his deal and was set to be unrestricted next year.
    by Tom Silverstein 3:04 PM

It's possible that they felt the situation was untenable that Sitton was not going to be happy and that it was best for both sides to part ways.
    by Tom Silverstein 3:06 PM

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Don't fuck with Ted I guess. They didn't have to cut him now though.

I've been told by multiple sources that the Sitton release was contract related, that he was not happy with the Packers waiting on extending his contract while pursuing deals with other players. There must have been some kind of standoff. Sitton is in the final year of his deal and was set to be unrestricted next year.
    by Tom Silverstein 3:04 PM

It's possible that they felt the situation was untenable that Sitton was not going to be happy and that it was best for both sides to part ways.
    by Tom Silverstein 3:06 PM

Then trade his ass to the AFC for a sixth round pick. But don't give him to Seattle on a silver platter.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    I'd say the best option is Barclay, either at C and shift Tretter, or slide Barclay in at guard.

No Taylor please.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I'd say the best option is Barclay, either at C and shift Tretter, or slide Barclay in at guard.

No Taylor please.
    Or Linsley at C (if he's close to ready) and Tretter at Guard.

Correct me if I'm wrong - there's an unnecessary request - but 4 of the 5 starters on line are in contract year. Maybe they want to move past Sitton era, he is the weakest link in their view. But why make the move now? Why, why, why? Makes zero sense.