I'd like to retain Lang, although going really nuts in FA would probably mean he walks. His age doesn't bother me one bit. Lang is a real tone-setter and a tough SOB.

It'd suck to see Perry get away. If this defense is to improve, I think he's part of that solution.

Peppers should come cheap and he's still useful.

I'd bring Lacy back if his health and salary warrant the risk.

With this minus the cap needed to sign draft picks I'm not sure what's left. Gilmore makes sense to me. Shields made what? 12M? Gilmore should be in that ballpark although he's not been quiet about his paycheck. For Gilmore alone $12-$14M is honestly pretty terrible value but I think it could be justified on the grounds that he's in the mold of Randall. For years we've had an embarrassment of riches at CB by the standards of this league. Without Shields, we find ourselves for the first time in forever without any real bell cow in the room. Even with a replacement for Shields, we're still pretty much SOL if our other guys don't make a jump as pros. This is especially true for Randall but it wouldn't hurt for him to hang around a guy like Gilmore.