Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    former director of college scouting for the 9ers just signed with the pack

Matt Malaspina

maybe he knows how to find d-linemen and linebackers
    Weird for that to happen in offseason pre-draft. Usually they pay to keep the knowledge in house until after all the shouting is over.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

so it looks like we are officially going to end the 2016 season sitting on 9.5 million in cap space

can't help but think that maybe if we had spent that money on one or two guys we could have won another lombardi

oh well, we just have 9.5 million more we can keep kicking down the road for our never ending rebuilding period

what happened to cutting sitton so we could use that cap space to re sign others?

Good Points, red. It will be interesting to read what Ted's big supporters have to say on the topic.

At very least, (I think it's not to late as I understand the cap) they should restructure a contract or two to make that $9.5 million count this year instead of the future.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

so it looks like we are officially going to end the 2016 season sitting on 9.5 million in cap space

can't help but think that maybe if we had spent that money on one or two guys we could have won another lombardi

oh well, we just have 9.5 million more we can keep kicking down the road for our never ending rebuilding period

what happened to cutting sitton so we could use that cap space to re sign others?
    They have to agree to a deal.

Remember when you weren't happy with Shields or Cobb's numbers?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    They have to agree to a deal.

Remember when you weren't happy with Shields or Cobb's numbers?
    They may also have been keeping money in reserve in case they wanted to offer contract extensions to guys like Lacy, Tretter or Lang. Injuries would have taken those plans off the table.

They tried bringing in guys off the scrap heap to help at RB with little success. Corner would have been the other place to try. Doubtful there was much out there. They did sign Bene Benwikere to the practice squad late, but did not activate him.

Roughly ten days after cutting Sitton, they extended Bakh with LT pay.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Roughly ten days after cutting Sitton, they extended Bakh with LT pay.
    ok, thats 1 of about 10 upcoming free agents we have

but yeah, i did forget about bahk

ok, thats 1 of about 10 upcoming free agents we have

but yeah, i did forget about bahk
    Yeah. I didn't mean to state that was all the Free Agents they had coming up (which was an argument for cutting Sitton), but rather to highlight that LTs can be expensive, and they locked theirs down for four years. So one upcoming free agent, but potentially an expensive one.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

FA OLBs for a 3-4: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...3-4-olb-market

1. Melvin Ingram
    2. Chandler Jones
    3. Nick Perry
    4. James Harrison
    5. DeMarcus Ware
    6. Lorenzo Alexander
    7. John Simon
    8. Julius Peppers
    9. Datone Jones
    Doug's Quick Take: Jones is an interesting player. Projected as an interior pass-rusher because of his size (6'4", 285 pounds), he only came alive in the NFL when he was moved outside as a giant edge-rusher in Dom Capers' multiple fronts. A good run-stopper on the inside and a consistent (if not entirely dominant) pass-rusher on the outside, Jones has the kind of gap versatility prized in today's NFL, and he'll get a lot of looks from teams that run 3-4 base fronts with hybrid sub-packages.
    Potential Suitors: Green Bay Packers, Oakland Raiders, New York Jets, New Orleans Saints, Cleveland Browns, Los Angeles Chargers, Dallas Cowboys
    10. Jarvis Jones
    11. Erik Walden
    12. Trent Cole
    13. Jayrone Elliott
    Doug's Quick Take: Grabbing three sacks in just 176 snaps in the 2015 season did a lot for Elliott's profile, but he wasn't able to capitalize on it last year. His best bet to get more reps is the possibility that both Nick Perry and Julius Peppers leave Green Bay in free agency, but Elliott will have to match any availability with his own development.
    Potential Suitors: Green Bay Packers, New York Jets, Indianapolis Colts, Pittsburgh Steelers
    14. Alex Okafor
    15. Sam Acho
    16. Akeem Ayers
    17. Corey Lemonier
    18. Dekoda Watson
    19. David Bass
    20. Tourek Williams
    21. Lerentee McCray

Seems like a lot of has beens and never weres on that list. If that's Datone Jones the guy is talking about, not Chandler, it seems like he's over-selling the product by a lot.

I find it surprising that Jayrone Elliot - who I have always really liked - is ranked so high. I didn't think he was that highly thought of by other people. I always figured he could be signed for so much less than Nick Perry that he was the better choice of the two. I said before and I'll say again - about Julius Peppers, if he is dead set on retiring, so be it. But if he is willing to come back for a reasonable amount, I really hope it's with the Packers.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

jets are trying to trade Sheldon Richardson, could be had for maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder

any thoughts?

edit: jets are asking for a third

jets are trying to trade Sheldon Richardson, could be had for maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder

any thoughts?

edit: jets are asking for a third
    Not much pass rush. But solid overall. Kinda think you sign him if you are starting out a base 3-4 as your end.

uh-oh.

Pete Prisco @PriscoCBS
    If Duvernay-Tardif is worth $8 million a year, then Zeitler, Warford and Lang are getting $10-12 a year each. Osemele got $11.7 last year.

five-year contract, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports. The value of the extension is reportedly $41.25 million
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ear-extension/

sooo, we're probably gonna lose both lang AND tretter

sooo, we're probably gonna lose both lang AND tretter
    Depends on whether teams agree that this kid is a lesser player.

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Depends on whether teams agree that this kid is a lesser player.
    You're also talking about a 26-year-old who should just be entering the prime of his career. Not a 31 year old who broke his foot twice and had hip surgery.

Wilde And Tausch @WildeAndTausch
    Lang: There has been a little bit of contact (w/ the #Packers)…. (Agent) definitely has plans to sit down with Green Bay. #Packers
    9:11 AM - 28 Feb 2017

TE alert

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter 12m12 minutes ago
    Despite the Colts' attempts to sign him over the past week, Colts TE Jack Doyle has plans to test free-agent market, per source.

Lang says he's gonna see what kind of offers he gets on the open market, then see if Green Bay wants to match

Lang says he's gonna see what kind of offers he gets on the open market, then see if Green Bay wants to match
    That's what happened with Bulaga and Cobb if I remember correctly.