Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

How much could we get chris johnson (Arizona backup rb) for? He can't be a workhorse but between him, lacy and Montgomery that could be a heck of a good backfield

Oh, never mind he turns 32.....pass
    Last edited by Upnorth; 03-01-2017 at 06:53 AM. Reason: to many birthday cakes

Guys been saying he thinks he can still make plays for about 6 years now

Plus he likes to blame everyone but himself for sucking

They have too much time on their hands department. Nagler and Cohen would like you to believe that Mike McCarthy's praise of TJ Lang and Eddie Lacy is "pressuring" the front office. Lang has been in line for a lot of praise by McCarthy since Sitton started making the Pro Bowl, but I am not sure this even qualifies.

Their theory: http://www.packersnews.com/videos/sp...fice/98594852/

McCarthy presser (see 9:40): http://www.packers.com/media-center/...-GB_sf59474727
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

^ He must have been more forthcoming in the small group interview after his PC (unless I just flat out missed it):

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 13m13 minutes ago
    Re-reading McCarthy transcript. Called Lang "as fine an offensive lineman as I’ve had an opportunity to coach in 20+ years in this league."

Still don't read that a pressuring Ted.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    ^ He must have been more forthcoming in the small group interview after his PC (unless I just flat out missed it):

Jason Wilde‏Verified account @jasonjwilde 13m13 minutes ago
    Re-reading McCarthy transcript. Called Lang "as fine an offensive lineman as I’ve had an opportunity to coach in 20+ years in this league."

Still don't read that a pressuring Ted.
    Maybe not, but Lang's agent might use that quote to pressure Ted.

OK, maybe this quote explains it.

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 9h9 hours ago
    McCarthy also with strong reply to who'd play right guard if TJ Lang departs: "Those are hypotheticals. I’m counting on T.J. to come back."

Still file this under dodging with hypothetical objection, but at least they weren't making up the elevated level of support out of whole cloth.

Surprised Cohen found time to be at the combine between digging up old arrest records of anyone he can find
    I am better looking than you.

Quote Originally Posted by arcilite View Post
    Surprised Cohen found time to be at the combine between digging up old arrest records of anyone he can find
    Exactly what I first thought!

But McCarthy did seem to hit this theme. On Lacy he said:

Jason Wilde‏ @jasonjwilde 20h20 hours ago
    McCarthy unequivocal on Lacy to #Packers beat writers in Indy: "We’d like to get Eddie back. He’s our guy. He’s one of our core players."

He has said previously he wanted other players back but that business comes first. So I still don't think this was pressure, but he's also not dancing around it.

If you could only choose one player, would you rather have Lang or Perry back?

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    If you could only choose one player, would you rather have Lang or Perry back?
    Perry. Younger. Just hitting his prime. Lang is on the downside of his career.

Perry.

Perry. Pass rushers seem to be much harder to find.

I usually favor the big uglies (O-lineman) because no one else does and they have a very important job. But in the case of Lang or Perry, I would go with perry. The Packer D is so terrible that they can't afford to lose a solid player.

How much would Alshon Jeffrey cost?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...hip-right-now/
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Tom Silverstein says Packers should go after Peterson. if they're considering that they should just draft Mixon. younger, better, cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    Tom Silverstein says Packers should go after Peterson. if they're considering that they should just draft Mixon. younger, better, cheaper.

I guess I'd rather an assault on an adults face than a child's genitals. But maybe I'm weird?

the thing that gets me about the video is how he walks out of the place like a stud after he destroys the little girl

Pete Dougherty, advocating for signing Peterson, took a reasonable approach to the argument, then stepped off a cliff. Earned himself an after publication edit and a rebuke, essentially calling him dumb.

Column as it is now with correction: http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...rson/98641276/

Quote Originally Posted by Statement from Press-Gazette
    A paragraph in an earlier version of Pete Dougherty’s column that included a reference to Peterson’s punishment of his 4-year-old son being connected to America’s history of slavery was removed. It was poorly reasoned and insensitive. We apologize to all readers who were offended.
    http://deadspin.com/columnist-sugges...use-1792924747

when i lived in the south in the early 90's, it was still acceptable for the principle to beat the shit out of you with a paddle if you broke even a minor school rule

me and 3 other kids got it for throwing little erasers across the room at each other for fun