Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Letroy Guion now suspended for the first 4 games of 2017 season. We may need even more help on defense now if we decide to jettison him.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Letroy Guion now suspended for the first 4 games of 2017 season. We may need even more help on defense now if we decide to jettison him.
    I missed what he did this time?

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    I missed what he did this time?
    PED

Marvelous.

At least this time it was production adjacent.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Michael Cohen‏ @Michael_Cohen13 4h4 hours ago
    #Packers tendered 3-technique Christian Ringo, according to a source. Ringo, a former 6th-round pick, was an exclusive rights free agent.

Aaron Schatz @FO_ASchatz 2h2 hours ago
    Charles Johnson re-signing in Carolina just takes away one more option from a team that wants a veteran pass-rusher. High demand low supply.

Tom Silverstein‏Verified account @TomSilverstein 2h2 hours ago
    As @AaronNagler pointed out, Guion is due $400,000 roster bonus on third day of league year. If #Packers don’t pay it, he’s a free agent.

GONNA KNOW SOON WHAT THEY THINK

Meanwhile, the Packers gave linebacker Joe Thomas and receiver Geronimo Allison their exclusive-rights free-agent tenders, according to a league source. Also tendered, according to Ryan Wood of the Green Bay Press-Gazette, is defensive tackle Christian Ringo. A deal with another exclusive-rights free-agent, punter Jacob Schum, was struck last week, according to ESPN.com’s Rob Demovsky.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Cook isn't signing for less than this.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
    Jack Doyle's deal with the Colts: Three years, $19 million base value with another $2 million in incentives, source says.

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Exactly this. Bring him and Tramon in! We're getting the band back together! Living in the past.
    BETH....what can I do?
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Cook isn't signing for less than this.

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo
    Jack Doyle's deal with the Colts: Three years, $19 million base value with another $2 million in incentives, source says.
    Are you sure? Doyle had a good year, and I assume he's considerably younger than Cook.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Are you sure? Doyle had a good year, and I assume he's considerably younger than Cook.
    59 catches on 75 targets, 584 yards, 9.9 ypc and 5 TD for Doyle

30 of 51, 377 yes, 12.6 ypc and 1 TD for Cook.

Doyle is younger, not sure he is more effective. Used better as Red Zone target though. With age, maybe this is the price?

Cook will be 30 in April. Doyle will be 27 in May. That makes a difference to NFL GMs. I know Cook has been healthy throughout his career, but he had a couple of injuries this past season. GMs are wary of guys about to turn 30 who are showing signs of breaking down.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

I see a lot of surprise cuts (or not) around the NFL today.

Will the Packers cut anybody unexpectedly over the next couple of weeks?

Cook will be 30 in April. Doyle will be 27 in May. That makes a difference to NFL GMs. I know Cook has been healthy throughout his career, but he had a couple of injuries this past season. GMs are wary of guys about to turn 30 who are showing signs of breaking down.
    Foot injuries freak me out. I grew up thinking every year Bill Walton would return to play but he was an old fat guy before his foot finally healed enough to play backup for the Celtics.

PFT says Lions re-signing Khyri Thornton: https://t.co/SXUlPLYIJT

Jets reported to be going big on offer to Nick Perry.

http://www.scout.com/nfl/packers/sto...g-aim-at-perry

If there is one team I would NOT trust to evaluate personnel (even defensive side) its the Jets.

Packers have signed their punter!

Doyle got over $6 mil per year and they are trading Allen to Patriots.

Vernon Davis signed for 3 years, $15 mil, with 7.5 guaranteed ($4mil bonus).

Someone else can start a new thread, but Perry has been signed to a new 5 year contract by the Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Someone else can start a new thread, but Perry has been signed to a new 5 year contract by the Packers.
    Are you yanking our collective chains?

Last edited by Teamcheez1; 03-09-2017 at 07:59 AM.

Lang posted he is traveling to Home Depot today, not visiting teams. Pretty sure he was joking, but no rumors about his visits.

Hyde is rumored to have several visits lined up and one Packer writer said it looks like he will be leaving if there is that much interest. Hyde did promise to take the number back to the Packers.