Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Packers' Off Season Moves and 2017 Roster

Mike Garafolo‏ @MikeGarafolo 24m24 minutes ago
    As Packers TE Jared Cook approaches the start of free agency, the Lions and Bills are showing the most interest, sources say.

Tom Silverstein‏ @TomSilverstein 37m37 minutes ago
    With free agency deadline nearing, #Packers still aren’t making push to sign CB Micah Hyde. Perry, Lang, Cook seem to be priorities.
    Last edited by pbmax; 03-09-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Packer fan is going to be pissed during the first few weeks of free agency.

Mike Garafolo‏
    @MikeGarafolo
    Browns working on their OL. They're working to sign G/C JC Tretter, source says. Former Packers starter at center.

IT WOULD BE A VERY UN-TED THING TO SIGN LANG TO BIG MONEY AND LOSE TRETTER, BUT THE POSITION MATCHES DON'T LINE UP. GOTTA BE HONEST, I WOULD PREFER TO SIGN TRETTER BUT GUARD WOULD HAVE HOLE LARGER THAN WHEN SITTON LEFT

Mike Garafolo‏Verified account @MikeGarafolo 4m4 minutes ago
    JC Tretter will officially be a Cleveland Brown in about five hours. That deal is getting done. Expected to be their new center.

OK, HE IS GETTING STARTERS MONEY FROM A TEAM FLUSH WITH ROOM
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

What is crazy is I think the Packers can get Lang cheaper than they can get Tretter.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    What is crazy is I think the Packers can get Lang cheaper than they can get Tretter.
    I will be interested to see what kind of deal Tretter gets with the Browns. He has started 10 games and missed 33 due to injury.
    He is the bigger risk among Perry, Lang, and Tretter.

Jayrone Elliot was not tendered the lowest RFA sum of $1.797M.

You have to think the Packers didn't offer Tretter anything. Most would play for peanuts for anyone else rather than go to the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    You have to think the Packers didn't offer Tretter anything. Most would play for peanuts for anyone else rather than go to the Browns.
    So you would turn down Joel Bitonio's new contract to play for what? The veteran minimum?

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago
    Browns are giving Joel Bitonio a 5-year, $51 million extension that includes $23 million guaranteed, per sources.

The Browns money spends as well as anyone else's.

@ByRyanWood 2m2 minutes ago

Can confirm @RobDemovsky report #Packers didn't tender Jayrone Elliott. Still mutual interest, but Elliott weighing other offers.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So you would turn down Joel Bitonio's new contract to play for what? The veteran minimum?

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago
    Browns are giving Joel Bitonio a 5-year, $51 million extension that includes $23 million guaranteed, per sources.

The Browns money spends as well as anyone else's.
    I would want to win, it ain't like the money difference is going to put the player in the soup line.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    I would want to win, it ain't like the money difference is going to put the player in the soup line.
    Its multi-millions (with some guarantee/bonus) versus veteran minimum.

Set for life versus money enough for your retirement fund. And you might not get ANY of the veterans' minimum if you get hurt. Even in a car accident.

Not to mention a chance to start.

Any word on Cook and the likelihood to return?
    "Aw, I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?" - Homer Simpson

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by theeaterofshades View Post
    That whole subject has been oddly quiet on NFL network.

Quote Originally Posted by theeaterofshades View Post
    Interest reported by two other teams. Packers had to get Perry done first. Now Spoon says Cook and Lang are on the to do list.

Poor Tretter. I wish him well, but damn, he could not have picked a worse landing spot.

@CharlesRobinson
    G Kevin Zeitler has signed with the #Browns. 5 years, $60 million. $12 per, as expected.

@TomSilverstein 3m3 minutes ago
    Bar is set now for @TJLang70. Gives you an idea of the guard market. Leary got $8M per year. Lang probably somewhere in between.

Packers will not sign anyone of significance outside the organization during free agency.

@RapSheet 19m19 minutes ago
    Source: #Packers OG TJ Lang initially visiting Detroit and Seattle. GB still in the mix.

THE USUAL SUSPECTS

Don't be surprised if TT screws the pooch on Lang.

Packers will not sign anyone of significance outside the organization during free agency.
    That's not really breaking news. But hey, they have Rodgers so they might luck out. More likely Rodgers suffers a significant injury trying to do it all.